It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I ain’t dead, bitches!!!!”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Yup. That's pretty much all Roseanne Barr had to say about the reboot.

Pretty funny response if you ask me. Also, poor taste on how they decided to end the character.

I predict the show will be gone in a few months, if even that long.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
ABC will keep the show running all season, even as ratings sink to even lower levels. They cancelled "Last Man Standing," one of the most popular comedies on TV.....and now it continues to be top-rated at Fox. ABC is all about politics, and the "Conners" is just political fodder that reminds viewers that left-wing ABC stuck it to right-wing Roseanne. By the way, I'm team Roseanne all the way,

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

If I were a betting person, I'd place my bets on Roseanne.

She has had to overcome adversity all her life. Just one more battle. She's quite a name that sells. People will follow her.

Waiting to see the next chapter in her life. I wouldn't be surprised if John Goodman follows her.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I saw that tweet.

I’ve been hoping she will speak out against Hollywood. Because I guarantee she knows were a lot of bodies are buried.

Hopefully sooner or later she will open her lips ( or in Roseanne‘s case big mouth ) and hammer them all to the wall .

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Depending on how they deal with subject, I didn't watch so I will have to wait for the rerun, it could be a very good subject. The show has always dealt with edgy subjects, as most sitcoms do. If i remember right, Roseann the character in the original show fought an addiction battle with pain pills at one point and they used it as an out for her character in the new show. With the opiate addiction issues we have in our communities at this time, if they manage to educate one person, and sometimes they do, it will job well done. I don't think it was meant as an insult to Roseann, just another segue to the next episode.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
My wife and I enjoyed the reboot, but ABC dropped the ball when they fired Roseanne. The demographics for people that made the reboot so popular aren’t going to reward the overzealous firing of the shows star.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sounds like she really wanted to say witches

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I liked the reboot. I have zero interest in following the antics of her sister and Rosanne's firing was idiotic. They killed the show in a kneejerk reaction as seems to be the default now.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

What's interesting about this is, ABC sunk to a new level of evil with what they did.

Not only did they kill off Rosanne in the sitcom, but more importantly what they did was to prevent the Rosanne character from popping up again on ABC or any other network in the future. That's a new low for a network...and clearly it was a very personal attack.

Now, if another network was really on their toes what they'd do is quickly spin up the original Rosanne character and play off the news of her death as "fake news" by ABC! That would be a swift kick to ABC's nards!

edit on 10/18/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah! Because killing off Dan was totally evil! Oh wait...

new topics

top topics

join