It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with people now...My area is full of arrogant, threatening Muslim extremist types.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The hell does this even mean? What kind of stand? Where would you even begin?

"First they came for the Muslims..."

Anyways, to the OP:

I hear you, my man. Yes, I'm a filthy leftist hippie, but I hear you. I was born in London and grew up there. I also went to Uni in West Yorkshire, so I'm well aware that the mentality that you're describing has only worsened and spread over time. I don't know what to suggest, but it's in your best interests to protect you and yours.

It's sick. As someone who ardently believes in tolerance and a plurality of ideas and cultures, that fact that some ideologies and groups exploit what is perceived as a soft touch to spread their own bigoted and violent aspirations is nothing more than abhorrent. That Anjem Choudary is on parole after basically recruiting ISIS members makes me sick.

So I want ATS members to know this well, since the site seems to be majority white conservative these days:

Non-whites aren't ignoring this. Many on the "left" of the spectrum are scared of saying anything, but they largely feel the same way you do about this issue. However, retaliating with hostility, exclusion, and apathy towards all Muslims will only exacerbate this.

I think OP is a glowing example of what we need in our communities. He is someone who isn't afraid to speak out about a routine, chronic issue in his community, while still exhibiting the capacity to treat individuals like individuals. Speak to the Imam, like others have suggested. It may not even get anywhere, but the more that religious leaders are held accountable for their entire congregations' actions (because, by being leaders, they actively accept to shoulder that responsibility), the less that they will be allowed to turn a blind eye. Thankfully, there are Imams who hear this and are trying to influence their communities in the UK. But it's not enough. We need community-wide discourse before this gets even worse, because it won't get better.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
They want to assimilate you into their culture. Literally.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Sir, I do not want to bash or anything of the nature. I want you to realize that you either fight it tooth or nail, or accept and join in. It sounds like you are too poor to move so those are the two choices you have.

I suggest you start meeting with like minds and play the game tit for tat. however I can tell by your sorrowful sensibilities that it is probably not within your nature.

My sense is what it is. I see what is happening and you do as well but you are not capable or willing to do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This was meant to be exactly what it was, a rant, it was never really meant to be a discussion or a Q&A session, I just thought I sow that the usual types who daub bigot on people were going totally up the wrong path here to save them looking like an even more soft back boned person than most believe them to be.

So thank you to the people who bothered to UNDERSTAND and not just look for vitriol to spit back at me out of damn stupidity. I appreciate people bothering to READ and digest just as I do with 99.9% of the posts I read / reply to on here.

So lets make it clear for the last time as I'm not coming back to this..

Facts first...

Is this some anti Muslim attack and made up situations to fit my rant....NO...Sorry its not...

Is this really happening here and in other places apart from in the leafy suburbs where flight or cash has taken some...Yes, I'm sorry but what I describe is real and happening every damn day, its not always so crass but the attitude is there and ALWAYS on show. Only today after asking the family on the top floor to "please" stop throwing food and cigarette or ladies sanitary pads down was I told to "fu*k off" by a very street sounding young male from the property and an older lady telling me to mind my own business. Now I don't smoke and I do put my rubbish bags out on our little super mini patio (less than 2ft by 7ft) and have now had lit fag ends set them on fire twice with numerous other same make cig ends around the floor out side.

As for the food and women's products, sorry, that's just FOUL....

So be if you don't get this lark then smile and be very happy for yourself because I'm nowhere near the only people getting all this. And yes, we have other people throw fag ends out but not 30 plus a night and not around the base of the block, NO ONE else does the sanitary products or food from the windows...

So don't tell me its not happening, its just me being a bigot or any other crap, I've explained that my in laws are Muslims and we are a mixed race family. The in laws and extended family love me as one of their own and have been BETTER than what family I have left, not one jot about me not being Muslim, white or whatever..Utterly LOVELY people.

To the herberts that want to believe its all nice as pie out there than shut your mouth and live on this or pretty much any estate and then start talking from a being there POV.

As for what I can do, I'm 57, poor (now) and my body is full of arthritis that will cripple me soon, I did my fighting 10+ yrs ago with the numerous drug dealers, criminals and gangs. I wish I was young again and not half crippled or I'd stick my boot up their arse until I probably got knifed or shot, I'm not Rambo, Superman or the ilk, I'm just a bloke who came here from Belfast where I saw people get pretty nasty things done over religion and then tried to pretend I was free of that. I'm also a believer in manners, decency and politeness yet its like a lost art...

Is every Muslim a maaad bomber, of course not but there's a terrible arrogance and way that has started where the youth are radicalised and people bring practices long since outlawed to this country and tell people to "respect them", look at the news in the UK today, one story will be obvious..

These are practices long seen in Pakistan where the lost kids are groomed by the bus drivers...FACT..

Is every one a groomer, NO but there's a lot of very ignorant people getting instance access to here who have no wish to be British or kind to others..FACT...Not a bigot fact, a simple truth that is ignored by most people. If you invite people who do these things in their country do you really think they stop at the customs area in the UK, dream on...

If you have a person that has lived their entire life under Shariah, do you think they will stop once here, some will but a lot won't because they group in to communities and if you are seen to be "betraying the religion" then you are on marked time..

Again, a fact...

All I want is a shut down of the most radical types so that the others are forced to think carefully, hell, most of what these folk do isn't even in the Quran....FACT...

That is why I say there will be an uprising as the arrogance and threats will end up too much , that or the UK will fold..

I don't want to see my relations picked on because they are seen as Muslims so all in the same boat..These are good British folk....The others who threaten, not but a nasty virus...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Well the mayor of London does have an extremist slant he like the past mayor's of new York act like their town is it's own country
Which he is the ruler of. How many American mayor's have you seen go on public tv and tell certain world leaders not to come to their town because they were not welcome or tried to do an end round the gov immigration policy to allow masses of illegal immigrants to set up shop?

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Your info is spot on.

The UK is being colonized.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

. . . there's a lot of very ignorant people getting instance access to here who have no wish to be . . . kind to others . . .

And it's the kindness of those here that's allowing it. Kindness needs to be combined with thought or it will destroy itself.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
They didn't act this way in the countries they came from; they find the lack of resistance anywhere in the West too much temptation. So they act out their inferiority complex by claiming religious motivation to do whatever they damn well please - they are excused because they think themselves "jihadi warriors'. It's the same piousness we got from overboard Christian fundamentalists a few decades ago when they thought to make a go of taking over American culture.

Without push back this issue will only get worse and knowing Britain's current climate i'd say get out of town. It will soon get to the point where you question what country you are actually living in.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I really don't understand what's so different about the UK and some parts of Europe VS the US as far as integration for new arrivals.

Here in the US even the most hardline can't help but follow human nature and become a new version of themselves. The "American"ization of people happens even outside our borders.

We have first generation and new arrival Muslims from all over the Arabian world in my neighborhood. A mosque up the street and many more all around.

If they acted up like what you describe, then no one would convert and they would suffer greatly by all the enemies made. Even the cops would focus on them negatively.

It's hard enough for even Sufi Muslims without adding to the task. Appearing as a radical is insane here. It would be very bad and possibly life threatening.

We have lots of native ignorant people who would clash with ignorant immigrants coming in.

Most Muslims here are very resourceful and entrepreneurial in nature. They are better educated and more respectful than most types of immigrants we get.

It must be that we get urban Muslims and you get rural types. Or rather, we get educated Muslims and you get illiterate people who were actually radicalized by real militants.

I can't even imagine someone trying any of that here.

edit on 10 22 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Get out of Dodge city fast bud for your family and sanity and go live somewhere nicer , cheaper , cleaner where people are polite and life is a bit slower and quieter for your daughter and wife , houses are easy to get and people just get on , if the cold does not kill you old age will

Visit the north of Scotland

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The question I am going to ask you is not intended to be rude.

So what are you going to do about it?

Because if you do nothing then you have no right to complain to anyone. My point being that until a man wakes one day and decides he will take back the country that is his and will no longer allow usurpers to roam freely creating an air of hostility on a constant basis then he is not a man of his country.

I will never be that man who stands by idly and does nothing, that I can promise you.

edit on 23-10-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join