It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Intriguing UFO Stories

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First off I love a good UFO mystery and love discussing the possibilities it may emply but cant stand the knee jerk replies... "Swamp Gas, It was Venus, Ball lightening. Or the others that just say it was photoshoped, or wheres the physical proof?" Well instead of the usual He said/She said/who struck Paul or third party testimony.

I'll post these two, one released from the FAA and the other the Pentagon.

I think Pilots should be considered some of the best eye witnesses to these types of anomalous aerial vehicle sightings. If they say they have no clue what it was or ask "What the $%@% is that?" Then it should be given very close attention and scrutiny imho.

2 Pilots in Different Planes Saw the Same UFO. The FAA Can't Explain

Two airline pilots spotted a mysterious, reflective object hovering some 40,000 feet (12,000 meters) over southern Arizona last month, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is stumped.

According to radio transmissions between the befuddled pilots and air traffic controllers (which you can listen to in full, thanks to an FAA recording recently released to the Phoenix New Times), the sighting occurred around 3:30 p.m. local time on Feb. 24, somewhere over the Sonoran Desert near Phoenix.

"Was anybody above us that passed us like 30 seconds ago?" the first pilot asked while flying a Learjet west toward California. [7 Things Most Often Mistaken for UFOs]

"Negative," an air traffic controller at the FAA's Albuquerque Air Traffic Center in New Mexico answered.

"OK," the pilot responded. "Something did."

On Feb. 24, both a Learjet pilot and an American Airlines pilot reported a strange encounter with a mysterious object in the sky over southeastern Arizona.

Declassified Military Video Shows 'UFO' Off East Coast

Writing in The Washington Post, Christopher Mellon argued that the military is shrugging off its duty to investigate weird UFO encounters reported by members of the U.S. Navy and Air Force. In December, the Defense Department released two declassified videos showing pilots exclaiming over strange aircraft that seemed to accelerate rapidly with no obvious means of propulsion. The unidentified flying objects, which look like dark and light blobs on the videos, were about 40 feet (12 meters) long and could supposedly dive thousands of feet in a flash.

Mellon, now retired from government after a career in both the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush presidential administrations, is an advisor to the private firm To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science, a research company that aims to "bring transformative science and engineering out of the shadows." The company just released a declassified video taken from a Naval F/A-18 aircraft that appears to show a swiftly moving "anomalous aerial vehicle" off the U.S. East Coast. In the audio, the pilots express awe at the speed of the object.

A research organization that released declassified Department of Defense footage in December of last year, posted a new video on March 9, which they said shows US Navy footage of an unidentified flying object off the east coast of the United States in 2015.

edit on 10-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Awesome thread as usual Slayer, thanks!
Reading up and watching now, will comment thoughts after.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
S&F Intriguing case! Saving for further perusal.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Awesome finds... think Ive heard about the Lear jet one, the verification by the AA pilot definitely makes you go hmmm.

The FA-18 Hornet might be my favorite aircraft,it's capabilities and versatility are legendary. So cool that he was able to paint a target moving so fast... you tell he was puzzled and stoked when he locked on it. So many questions for the pilots, navigators and the air traffic controllers.Of course to be asked before they got visits from officials if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Love these types of threads! I will listen to the vids when I get off the phone.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The second video is Very interesting footage, but doesnt make reference to any unidentified object.

Would be great to know more information. Looks as though the filming aircraft is stationary, as it tracks the object....but we know that is not possible, dont we? Or is a helicopter.

Also, if this is a test, how do we not know that the "Unidentified craft" is actually a drone cruise missile, or some such craft for "radar target acquisition" practice?

Someone seems happy that they made a lock-in of the tracked object, but they would be just as excited it they were doing sea trial tests of the technology for the military, and made a track too.......just as experienced Golfers get over excited when they score a hole in one.

Nowhere does this indicate a classic "UFO" encounter.

I prefer the Coast Guard or the Mexican video, with the object tracked travelling above water, then eventually diving into the sea.....perhaps crashed perhaps not.

Still thanks for posting.

edit on 11-10-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I spent many an hour at 45,000 but I never saw anything I could not or ATC explain. Later..... 30 years at or below 39,000.... same thing.... however I did have people I worked with that would swear they have seen stuff both in the air and on the ground that was not man made..
I will post this video about 4 abductions 3 of which I had never heard of..Interesting IMO...
youtu.be...

There is also this 2 of which I had never heard either...but I am not a big follower of this stuff so me not hearing of the cases would not mean much to someone who is always looking for these type of stories. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
mabey it is partially stealthed making it smaller than it looks.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Nowhere does this indicate a classic "UFO" encounter.

Unidentified or unknown flying objects qualifies for investigation. In the second video, They apparently locked on to something interesting. Whether it was "Alien" or not it was supposedly traveling quite fast and it was exciting for them to get a lock. Then in the video the other voice asks "What the .... is that? "

Doesn't have to be little Grey guys, could be a foreign power testing the USs defenses. In any case the crew got a lock on.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
USAF flyboys are not prone to sqeeking in delight like schoolgirls.
Nice find

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

First off I love a good UFO mystery and love discussing the possibilities it may emply but cant stand the knee jerk replies... "Swamp Gas, It was Venus, Ball lightening.

Like the knee jerk opinions that pilots should be best eye witnesses?

I think Pilots should be considered some of the best eye witnesses to these types of anomalous aerial vehicle sightings.

Its a joke,

I think the same thing but in reality pilots are no better observers than anyone else.

a airplane enthusiast with no experience in piloting aircraft could have better knowledge of aircraft and drones and what they may look like than a pilot with no real interest in aviation as a whole but simply wants to fly his plane.

Pilots have been known to mistake Venus so like I said I do think they should be better but anyone is prone to mistakes.

If they say they have no clue what it was or ask "What the $%@% is that?" Then it should be given very close attention and scrutiny imho.

Agreed.

the observation part and seeing who the pilots were could indicate their experience with identifying aircraft or drones. any military experience..... how long they have been flying.... who and what they have flown with.

However, the description sounds like something exotic.

the article says the FAA said no military aircraft or any other in the area and nothing spotted on radar?

I assume this as air traffic control told the pilot nothing was seen passing over them and asked another Airbus flight to keep an eye out which would obviously be from radar tracking not picking it up.

Over the desert, Arizona, quite remote? I suspect it could be a drone being tested or new paint I read about recently that can make craft invisible to radar or something there abouts, however I am sure I was reading this about another nation developing this paint or testing it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Like the knee jerk opinions that pilots should be best eye witnesses?

No, not knee jerk, I've thought that for years, maybe even a couple of decades and have expressed it so here many times

I appreciate you giving us your thoughts on the subject. It takes all types to make the world go round.

edit on 11-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Its funny, earlier tonight(Australia) I was outside checking out the stars and it occurred to me that when it comes to civilizations that have mastered travelling across vast distances of space, there must be technologies involved that are so far beyond our current "cutting edge" (primitive) space exploits that even our ability to understand what is happening would be on par with a 15th century desert nomad trying to tackle advanced quantum physics.

There are many that, in their efforts to debunk UFO's, pompously quote Einstein and the like with speed of light, infinite mass arguments acting like that is the absolute extent of all possible knowledge, ultimate authority invoked, goodnight sir.

I would argue that when it comes to the realities of what is actually going out there in the expanse, beings exist that have dreamt and engineered creations so exotic and elegant that we may as well be monkeys swinging in the trees flinging poo if we wanted to compare our present levels of understanding with theirs.

To me it seems obvious that out there roam technologies that we wouldn't even be able to name let alone understand, but if we can all learn to be open to the possibilities, teaching our children so they can teach theirs, that knowledge is infinite and that we must think beyond "laws" and "boundaries", I think that we may indeed explore the reaches of the universe but in ways that would probably send our present selves into mental freefall!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks for posting those abduction cases. I was aware of the Travis Walton and Allegash Incident, but wasn't aware of the other abduction cases, very interesting! I feel the multiple abduction cases are much more difficult for skeptics to explain away.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I agree pilots are some of the best eye witnesses. I also believe multiple eyewitness and abduction cases are difficult for skeptics to explain away. The chuckle by the air-traffic controller after the pilot mentions UFO, shows just how much traffic controllers, the media and the public have been conditioned to take UFO sightings as not credible. You have to wonder how many sightings don't get reported due to witnesses being afraid of being ridiculed and laughed at.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I love this stuff.
A hypothetical here,
What if they sent these boys up and said, we are sending in something hot on y’all, we don’t expect you to get a lock on it, but we want y’all to give it a shot to test our flir system. That would explain the whole video and audio. Excitement, the “what is that thing”, all sounds acceptable.
Buuuut, I do wanna believe it’s aliens.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think that first article needs editing they say it's hovering but passes over them and another plane?? Most likely some black project stealth aircraft like the Oregon incident.

top topics

join