It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you do it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this post should go here, or in the UFO section but here goes:

How and why would you (as an advanced civ) contact/take over/destroy etc another world?

Only rules are no "Star Trek" tech and no "cuz i could" answers.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Watch the movie "V"....

That's how I'd do it, just like the lizzies....

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
take over another planet?

with our current technology?

probly have to blow some suff up with nukes, then tell then id do it again unless the submitted

if there was an easy way to get to and from the surface, i would take some of them and develop a virus or something to kill them

i would commit genocide on another planet to make sure there was one less intelligent species to threaten the survival of mine

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
3 steps to destroy a planet

Step 1:Find a large sized asteroid or meteor

Step 2:Strap a huge engine on to the back of said meteor/asteroid

Step 3:Aim meteor at targeted planet and activate engine

and voila one destroyed planet guaranteed or your money back

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If an advanced civilization wanted to destroy life on Earth, they should target something that everything depends on. For example, if they poisoned or destroyed the atmosphere or oceans, everything would die pretty fast, and they'd have a nice mineral-rich planet to strip mine without interference. Maybe some sort of biological weapon would work as well, if it killed earth life but not the aliens. *hopes no aliens got any ideas from this post...*

(I'm assuming you meant 'kill all life' on earth, rather than blow it up. All that would take is a bunch of nukes or some antimatter.)

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Watch the movie "V"....

That's how I'd do it, just like the lizzies....

Could not have said it any better. Love that damn show.

PLus that would be how I would do it also. they had things right until the pesky resistance stepped in.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I guess I would secretly meet with the world leaders and promise them my advanced technology in exchange for some terraforming. Have the government pass laws to encourage the burning of fossil fuels to heat up the planet so it is more livable for my species to be able to run around and do what we please.
I would take over the media and constantly brainwash the planet to eat unhealthy foods so that the population will become sluggish in body and mind. I would spin the governments into cutting back funding to things like education so the populating will be even dumber to know what is really going on.

Once the world had gotten hot enough and the population has become weak enough, it would be time to send in the ground troops. They can just run in the streets busting doors down and killing the population. This would be better than an air attack or using bombs. I would like to keep the structures intact and the basics of the ecosystem alive.

top topics

join