It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I declare you to be a Witch and practioner of the Black arts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Technically speaking, witches in Northern Europe were healing women. Because they didn't follow the teachings of Christ, they were burnt at the stake - which is obviously a very Christian thing to do.

So in that respect, give me witches over Christians every day of the week.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Technically speaking, witches in Northern Europe were healing women.

Hogwash! They boiled children in cauldrons.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

That's Just His Way Of Coping With His Crisis.

By god you are completely mad aren't you.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How hard is it to confess the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Found this obscure comment on internet and it seems applicable:

"Joining the Illuminati" is actually a vetting process. It's not just a club where you're in or you're out. It's multi-tiered, multi-faceted, and every ritual has a purpose to reveal or program something in the participants. They take the observations from their rituals and use that information to decide who is ruthless enough to rule.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well I think its realistic to consider that someone on ATS must be a witch and practice black magic.
Please tell us some of your wicket stories, amuse us morsels.

Not sure if you mean "Wiccan" or "Wicked" there, but pretty sure you mean "mortals" vs. "morsels".

Just because one is a witch, warlock, or wizard, does not mean they practice "black magic". Indeed, most "magic" is neither, but it is more the "intent" of the practitioner that is good or evil. Most traditions of magic hold that you get back what you put out there, so if your intent is to harm, you are basically inviting that upon yourself as well (some traditions hold this is an exponential return). (Rule of Three and all that).

Personally, I find all "isms" to be pretty much BS. I mean, I may agree with some of the ideologies, but then different "isms" inject their own weird rituals and rules, etc. meant to create an identity and foster inclusion.

I guess I consider myself more of a hedge wizard. I like to study the Universe, and that includes science, mysticism, all of it. Some, I consider valid, others, I do not. All based on my own personal experiences.

Now, I realize that in modern times, the idea of such is viewed as absurd, and I get it. But, how is it really any different from a bunch of folks gathering in front of an altar to perform a spell to turn wine into blood, and a wafer into flesh, to then be consumed in the placation of an ancient deity? I mean, to me, that sounds absurd.

Modern folks call this CHURCH....LOL.

Oddly, science is starting to agree more with the witches and wizards. (to be clear, "witches" are often Pagans and/or Wiccans, and are more religious to a degree...at least to those religious ideas). However, ideas such as Quantum Entanglement are basically no different than sympathetic magic, where a piece of something is used as a focus to affect the whole (easiest example is a voodoo doll, but it isn't the most common one). Even the Heisenberg Uncertainty principle seems to concur with the effect of observation on reality, so the idea of magic isn't exactly exclusive of science.

If you've ever seen or heard of the books, videos, etc. of "The Secret", it isn't too different from that. Putting ideas out into the Universe that you want to manifest. It's not trying to "control" things, but it is an attempt to "influence" outcomes. Does it work? Well, for me it did, so that's really all I can go on.

I was just married, renting a ramshackle house, and barely making ends meet. We dreamed of having a place of our own, where she could have animals, but that wasn't too far from the city. We had zero savings. We had decent jobs, but neither were fantastic.

Fast forward a few years, and we have our own 5 and a half acre ranch, just outside the city, we have horses and other animals, and even had her estranged kids back in our lives. Still paycheck to paycheck though, but working some mojo on that too.

So, all I can say is I enjoy the learning process, and I enjoy exploring this idea on my own. And, I'm happier now than I've been at most points of my life (recent family tragedy notwithstanding, but you can't "control" things, or prevent bad things you don't expect, from happening, sadly).

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I guess I consider myself more of a hedge wizard.

There are heaps of hedge witches and wizards. They notably have acquired their skills through lifetime of role playing of Dungeon and Dragons and certainly a major Morph such as guildwars or world of warcraft.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

LOL.

You forgot LARPing, of course!

Seriously though, it isn't something I advertise about myself. Though it is nice to be at rare events where one can be themselves more. Still, it isn't something that requires the belief or acceptance of others either. It just is what it is.

Since none of us have all the answers, only fools dare to exclaim others' personally derived answers as wrong. Is it any sillier than a talking bush, or magic plates, or sacred cows?

*eats his burger off a normal plate, sitting next to a non-speaking bush*

<< 3  4  5   >>

join