It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plattsburgh AFB

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Anonymous, your story changed three times in three posts.

just like it usually does in your other threads.

You have no credibility in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by downtown436
I was looking at Plattsburg intl airport, and noticed a 747 with an engine missing sitting on the tarmac.

Did it fall off in flight?

There's another one missing all four engines. If the engine on the one you noticed fell off in flight it would have been all over. Most likely it was just an engine removed for a much more mundane reason.

While it was of course most likely removed for Maintainance, if a 747 loses an engine in flight, its not all over. It will be able to keep flying, that is part of its certification process.

Even a 2 engine airliner losing an engine after rotation should be able to make it up in the air and back around for a landing

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

4.) A select few Maintanance and Flight crew were assigned to the Black programs during the 80's which turned out to be the creation and testing of the Stealth Aircrafts out in the Nevada deserts. I had a close personal friend who was part of this program and he would leave base without word and be gone for a couple weeks then return and could not say where he had been! We never knew what he was up to until long after the Stealth program was officially announced.

I know someone that flew F-111D from Cannon AFB, and he made some trips out to the desert area in that timeframe too. I know he was involved in some of that stuff, but he never has said what. He did say though that around 86, he was offered the chance to fly 117s, but he did not take it. And he regrets it to this day.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I was born on the air base in 1975. My dad was a Captain, he flew the KC-135's. I also attended the Phish concert there (Clifford Ball), It is a very interesting place. The silos are cool, some are flooded out now, some are privately owned. I will ask my father about the underground facilities, but i must assume it is real. I will ask him about his experiences and if he had any that he'd question. I do know, my father quit for some reasons, and know i really want to talk with him about it.

Also Champy is in Lake Champlain!!!

And now i live near the crazy Pease AFB that apparently buried some kind of waste there and the soil and groundwater is contaminated...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
When i asked my father about an underground facility, his response was "of course there is one, there were nukes there".

He said he had alot of crazy stories to share....i cannot wait to hear them...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
After WWII the British wanted to allow Germany to keep it's Kaiser Wilhelm Society....the mad scientists of Hitler.

Some were taken to England, some were taken to the US and they did research at US military bases.

Apparently they have all been sent back to Germany and are continuing their research there:

www.mbg.de/en

Germany's going to BOOM with all the research those mad men have done on our dime the last few decades.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am just personally blown away by a thread that has lasted over 8 years!!!

(Yes I know this is off topic, but I wanted to give it a big
)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
like i said i was born there. so i searched it here. I should talk to my Dad next weekend, i will ask more about the AFB. He did not seem to want to discuss via email...

Germany will indeed BOOM. They will be the new pioneers of renewable enrgy before you know it. They are very green, shutting down nuke plants, want to lead the world in renewable energy.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So I feel the need to revive my thread almost a decade later. Has anyone looked at the google map of the base and speculated as to this underground facility's location? It seems to me it could be either at the south end of the ramp or in the woods to the west of the runway. West of the runway would seem a bit more logical as it is bordered by the runway to the east and I-87 to the west, fairly remote.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I moved to plattsburgh in 1994 and grew up there, the base was closing when I first got there but a lot of military families stayed when it closed so i learned a bit about it. We new about the nukes and when i was a kid there were still fall out shelter signs around town. Never heard much about the facilities or aliens but the old base is really haunted, i had plenty of my own personal experiences there but the lore you can find on line is better. Plattsburgh was also a big part in the revolutionary war and war of 1812.

Recently this blog went viral on Facebook and it re-sparked my interested and i've been trying to look into all these claims.
absurdmenspeak.blogspot.com...

Spider-Goats
www.cbsnews.com...

I'd never heard about the MK-ULTRA stuff but there was a rumor that one of the columbine shooters went to school in town for a few years. And looking into it more his father did work at PAFB and lots more rumors about him even admitting to his friends he was subject to experimentation. Then i head of links between Ewen Cameron and PAFB

en.wikipedia.org...
"He commuted from Albany to Montreal every week to work at McGill's Allan Memorial Institute and was paid $69,000 from 1957 to 1964 to carry out MKUltra experiments there."
Albany is due south of Plattsburgh and Montreal due north, he would literally have to drive through Plattsburgh to get to work…

interesting stuff. haven't found much concrete yet but i'm gonna keep digging, just thought i'd share what I found so far!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Born and raised in Plattsburgh, left 9 1/2 years after college, been back about 10.
I lived across the street and about a quarter mile away from the end of the runway. I, too, could hear the Phish concert from home.
Old base hauntings- fact. Nuclear weapons-fact. #1 on Russia's hit list had the Cold War turned hot- fact. Eric Harris living on base-fact. Eric Harris complaining to a friend about experimentation -fact. UFO sightings-fact. Odd weather patterns-fact (never seen a few things in any other place I have lived or visited). Gunboat Island-fact (Battle of Plattsburgh was the turning point in the War of Independence because of it). Runway being only one on East Coast large enough to land a space craft- fact. Spider-goat experiments-fact.
18+ level underground bunker-rumor (though a-my husband was a base kid few years before Eric, his dad was a lower-level rank, b-the rumored entrance is a heavily guarded army reserve recruitment center? Why does an army reserve recruitment center need a heavy fence and tanks roaming around? And what is with the constant construction that is never finished right across the river? And, with "No Trespassing" signs ALL OVER this "reserve recruitment center," how is someone to sign up, if they're not allowed on the property?!?). Mind-control experiments- rumor with a lot of evidence suggesting truth. It is true that the Harris family stayed longer than the rest of Wayne Harris's department, after the base closed. It is true that the reasons we were closed is very secretive and weird.
What the person who discussed our soil, I don't think you realize, but it is not all the same. Some is sandy, some is red clay, some is perfect... It is possible. There is no building allowed near the supposed entrance, near this "recruitment center." And it is fact that there is army movement here--ive served many as customers and they all said they cannot say why they are here, that their involvement here is top-secret. And shrugged when I asked, "Top secret in a ex-military town?" Most here seem to know there is something. What is the question.
Personally, I believe that there were experiments. I believe there is still SOMETHING beyond spider-goats. I see the recruitment center every time I bring my daughter to school, I drive by. We have another in the commercial area (an army recruitment center--not even reserve) that isn't half as busy as the reserve center is! Something isn't right here!

edit on 26-5-2017 by Yassi27 because: Extra point

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I remember, as a young child, being woken up at about 5:30-6am, to the noise and shaking of multiple, multiple (now I know they were) bombers taking off. Nothing was ever said about it until after the base closed.
Fast forward years later-- I am bored and looking up useless information and ran across an article (this was about 10-12 years ago, when I wasn't living in Plattsburgh. I remember being pregnant with my daughter, so it was about 11- 11 1/2 years ago.Can't find it now.). It spoke of a top secret mission out of Plattsburgh, mid to later '80's. Bombers were to drop off SOMETHING in Germany and keep going to a mission for Desert Storm. The date coincided with my memory, I was about 5-7 at the time.

edit on 26-5-2017 by Yassi27 because: Remembered new fact

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Yassi27

Work on those dates Yassi. Desert Storm kicked off in Jan 1991, not late 80s. Bombers to Germany then Dessert Storm? AMARG, aka the boneyard, was the only place FB-111s were flying to at that time. Nearly the entire FB-111A fleet was there when Saddam Hussein got ugly. No bombers from PBurgh were sent to Desert Storm. Only the F-111Fs from RAF Lakenheath, F-111Es and EF-111As from RAF Upper Hafford and EF-111As from Mountain Home AFB took part.

As for the 18 level underground cavern, first I've ever heard of it and I was stationed at PBurgh from 76-81. Nukes were a plenty over at the weapons storage area on the other side of the runway or loaded up on the 9-12 FBs in the alert area, all in the form of AGM-69 SRAM missiles or B-43/61 gravity bombs. Far more than the 12 ancient Atlas F missile sites around the area. UFO's? What base doesn't have them?

Memories of Plattsburgh? Frigid winters on the flightline. Buffarilos at Mothers, Big Brothers etc. Monopole Pizza.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join