It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens as a whole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Now I find myself a pretty strong believer in ET life outside of this tiny blue sphere, even if there is never acknowleged existence in my lifetime.

The one thing that bothers me is these TV shows that are absolutely dumbest common denominator. Granted it was on Sci fi channel but I thought maybe it would be something more then backwoods stories and just gahh, it was insane. Brian Gumball hosted and interviewed people and it was just such a travesty of justice I nearly blacked out from stupid. Did anyone watch this show and feel similar, or better yet, have any clue into why television and society tend to make the subject of alien life somehow like Gypsy magic or healing elixir salesmen? What gives?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The media will never acknowledge it, but will try to make it look like anyone who does believe looks likes a bunch of crackpots. I remember reading the Roswell Daily Record" that had the headline:"RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch At Roswell" was threatened to change the story. CNN is probably only allowed to show stuff the government wants them to, so they can make the war in Iraq seem more justifiable or what not. But there are those of us who come on to ATS to Deny Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A lot of these decisions on the direction of the tv documentaries on stations like the Sci-Fi channel are unfortunatly made with mostly entertainment in mind. If I'm in the mood for a documentary I read a book. TV tends to be a lot more about entertainment in the way it does documentaries.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I suppose you make a good point there.
TV isn't much better then gypsey magic and elixirmen haha.

At this point in time you would imagine the prospect of other life a lot more readily acceptable. Humanity MUST consciously dumb themselves down for safety purposes.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
it seems that ufo 'documentaries' are not allowed to adopt a serious tone. i think 'people' behind the scenes want it burned into our psyche that the whole subject is to be taken lightly........deflecting the strong chance that not only are ufos present, they have been long before us, with it's inhabitants already working amongsy us.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Do you mean that evidence at Rendlsham, or something like that?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So what was this metal stuff they found again? You couldnt destroy it or something?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I believe in life in outher space too...the universe is too big and maybe they have came here or are here somewere. I even believe that some goverments know about them and don´t tell anything about it because saying it would create mere problems than the "aliens" problem himself...and they´r probably wright.

But we have to keep in mind that if there are aliens on our planet now, they have not arriver now, if they are here now they are very very advanced, probably by thousands or milions of years and that is simply too much time for us to understand.

So in order to start to compreend the "alien thing" we should first try to stop putting ourselves in a special position...we are only one of the thousands of species in the universe, and we are not nothing special at all specialy compared to those ho have the technology to visit us...

cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
UFO specials are just like everything else, there are good ones, and bad ones. Also, there are good parts and bad parts of even bad specials. Take the fairly recent one discussing the Ramey Memo... That was pretty mind-blowing when it came out...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The US govt has already conditioned the minds of millions to associate the subject of UFO's with little green men. As long as they get their way most people will always see this subject as something of a joke unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yeah, all of you make a lot of good points, Gaz, I did see that, haha it was pretty "oh" thinkin on it.

new topics

top topics

join