It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Closure Near Yellowstone Jenny Lake - Fissures Appearing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah that's what I gathered from the article too. Y'all should read before posting comments. Phage here is the only one talking sense.

Also, THE SKY IS FALLING

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Whaaaaat is this video? Narrator Guy doesn't even know if Grand Teton National Park is separate from Yellowstone National Park. I can hardly wait til he finds out about John D. Rockerfeller Jr. Memorial Parkway.

Grand Teton isn't known for its geothermal activity, so this is going to throw some people for (and into) a loop.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: scraedtosleep

wouldn't matter we are going into a glacial period and you're moving south if that baby goes off regardless

Not really.

Cause if it happens like last time anything South will be under 6-14 feet of ash....

I would recommend NW American coast, if you give it about 6 months or so for the nuclear reactors to shut down/implode.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Oh, Realtruth, that is awful, made me sad to read about it, but it's not related. The area I posted about is way over to the west on a map, in Washington state, it gets confusing, there are lots of places named "Rattlesnake " around here in western U.S.
best to you

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Agreed.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Agreed.
edit on 7/11/2018 by Lr103 because: double post, accident

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Yeah, but the when on Yellowstone is likely to be so far in the future that you, I, and anyone remotely related will be long forgotten it is not really worth consideration.

The melt ratio in the magma chamber is between 5%-11% or thereabouts, Campi Flegri is showing more signs of potential activity than Yellowstone.

YS has been pretty quiet of late even, all the excitement is at Kilauea now.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Rattlesnake ridge crack, looks like that is going to be a mighty big 'flake'.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Truly scary stuff. Not sure I am far enough away from there for my comfort.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sorry but across country would not matter . If Yellowstone went off it would make when Krakow went off in 19th century look like a fart and that was the cause of the year without summer.. when mt.st.helens went off we had ash covering our yards in western wisconsin.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting thread but apparently i'm not allowed to read about it because i live in england!

i click on the link phage kindly provided and i get

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call (307) 733-2047.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
"A cliff face is flaking off. That's what cliff faces do."

I was thinking this same thing. I am not seeing Magma Fissures opening up. or steam vents, or anything else that indicates expanding magma.
Just Fissures.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
A cliff face is flaking off. That's what cliff faces do.

Grand Teton National Park rangers shut down Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point on Tuesday for fear that a fissuring rock wall could tumble down onto onlookers.

www.jhnewsandguide.com...

Yeah well not if I have anything to say about it. Apparently you have never heard of Flex Glue and the Flex Seal family of products... skip to 1:30 for the dune buggy part if 2mins is too much or if you are previously familiar with the Flex Seal family of products.

edit on 7/12/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: neo96
She's gonna blow!

Run for your lives!

Quick!

I am sure your stockpile of guns will protect you. Maybe you can shot the volcano or something.
Well at least they will protect him from the wolves which were reintroduced.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Comprehension fail on my part
edit on 12-7-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Not Yellowstone.
Not geothermal.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: opethPA

Not Yellowstone.
Not geothermal.

Dont use logic on me. Lol
Doing a redeye flgiht and brain missed the obvious "near yellowstone " in the subject title.
edit on 12-7-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

originally posted by: neo96
She's gonna blow!

Run for your lives!

Quick!

I am sure your stockpile of guns will protect you. Maybe you can shot the volcano or something.

I guess it wouldn't hurt.
Might as well shoot at it.
But good job? on making a thread about volcanoes about guns.

edit on 2018-07-12T21:28:49-05:002201812America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Campi is the scary one because it's very poorly monitored and showing some signs of life - not imminent life (we all hope) - but the kind of life that should make the Italians and Europeans very, very interested in getting some good monitoring networks in the neighborhood soonish.

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Isn't it great that your benevolent dictators protect you from all sorts of things?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join