It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindling the Flame ALP2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Kindling the Flame

Sara’s light and drive was always a slow unstoppable burn to involve herself in everything that sparked her higher intellect and creative imagination, and baser emotional and physical desires. Throughout her childhood to becoming senior, Sara chose the path of learning to release repressed and pent-up creative juices in practicing the varying arts, understanding the sciences to appease those ‘whys’ and ‘what fors’, and seeking whether or not a common truth may exist for the ethereal and out-worldly through spiritual and soul searching endeavors.

Sara, now newly retired, found herself with all her time being free and hers to do with what she pleased, but no one true passion revealed itself and she kept asking herself “which passion spark will feed the kindling once again?” The flame flickers here and there, from this to that, and all past things learnt manifest as flickers about her thoughts as a flame releases fire sparks.

Sara’s path of lifelong learning was flooding back on her with great waves of passions for every individual piece of knowledge and experience gained over the last sixty years, and when one passion is decided upon, another shows itself as being it’s equal and, so, the teasing fire dance swirled on and on.

While this struggle of choice continued, Sara indulged in the baser emotional and physical passions, in the forms of re-mastering the art of home cooking and baking, redecorating (getting her house in order), revisiting her collections of books, antique miniature bottles and small boxes gleaned over the decades. These lesser passions will not remain long as Sara’s flame always flares up with the need to learn something new or take something already learned to new heights.

Then Sara received a text message from her husband about going off to Las Vegas and to tour the Grand Canyon, which she shrugged off as a joke, at first, but then her passion for travel was sparked because many new learning experiences could be had in Las Vegas without all the studying a college course required. Sara realized that she was not yet ready to tackle labor intensive study or creating a time and soul consuming piece of fine art. But galavanting around Las Vegas and being mesmerized by the Grand Canyon would be learning by osmosis, so the revelation of which flame to kindle came naturally and decisively - everything in it’s own good time - and be careful about joking around with Sara because she can turn fantasy into reality.

End / Fin
edit on 16CDT11America/Chicago037111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 16CDT11America/Chicago039111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Loved this!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thank you very much for letting me know you liked it. Positive feedback helps me get back to writing, which I don't do enough of and which I enjoy immensely.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Interesting.

Makes for a "good story's" middle.

I think you have the heart of something really good and I would encourage you to flesh it out into a longer version.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Interesting.

Makes for a "good story's" middle.

I think you have the heart of something really good and I would encourage you to flesh it out into a longer version.

With this piece, I wrote it as it flowed naturally and didn't want to make it into a long story or continually rewrite it. I could though, but when the mood strikes, I just like to go with it for now.
edit on 16CDT07America/Chicago03170730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nice story. I like that she remains malleable even having made a decision.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Nice story. I like that she remains malleable even having made a decision.

I had the thought that her malleability could encompass merging two or more learned skills together (such as a drawing using math, or a painting while meditating, etc), but the character I created was in a more lazy and chill mood, being retired and all.
edit on 16CDT04America/Chicago04840430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 16CDT04America/Chicago05340430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I very much liked it. Thanks for your submission!

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SupermassiveBlackHOLE

Thank you for letting me know you liked it.

new topics

top topics

join