It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake news threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Will this include the threads you've posted? FCC raids CNN

Fact check is often politically motivated as well.

Maybe you can give us a heads up and start listing up the sources you deem 'legitimate' so we can ensure we're not unknowingly spreading fake news.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Will this include the threads you've posted? FCC raids CNN

Fact check is often politically motivated as well.

Maybe you can give us a heads up and start listing up the sources you deem 'legitimate' so we can ensure we're not unknowingly spreading fake news.

Absolutely. I requested it's closure, if you read a few posts down the thread. Your latest thread would qualify, from what I can see however.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Absolutely. I requested it's closure,

After you got caught out for it bud. Jesus H Christ.

Now back to those legitimate sources. I'm looking for your recommendations.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Absolutely. I requested it's closure,

After you got caught out for it bud. Jesus H Christ.

Now back to those legitimate sources. I'm looking for your recommendations.

Informed, not caught out. It wasn't the first one that happened to me either.

I don't have any recommendations. It isn't the point of the thread. You would likely ignore them in any event.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Kharron

If you ever get around to finishing it, I will definitely get around to checking it out.

Re: Snopes, is that Conservative, conservative? Rhino conservative? Good old boy/deep state conservative? I suppose we'll have to wait for the rest of the story....

Don't remember, sorry man. None of it was squeaky clean info, it seems there is a lot of disinfo about fact check sites out there, so I wanted to spend more time and fact check the facts.

I remember the owner's wife is not from here, and he is supposed to be neutral and claims he is, but there was some contribution he made to the RNC without disclosing it as a journalist. Then again, I remember thinking, if I was a liberal and tried to pass myself off as middle of the road, I'd make a contribution to the right side, to muddy the waters.

Bottom line, don't trust anyone... but it's ok to use some of them for that first trail of crumbs.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Got it. Good advice. Thanks for the comeback....

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Up front, I have started threads based on fake news. It was not deliberate. Basically rushing to get the data on ATS is my excuse. When informed that it is fake news, I ask the Mods to close down the thread. They do so.

My vent on this is it seems there are more and more threads deliberately fake news motivated. That, perturbs me right off.

Yet what to do about it? Fact check is often politically motivated as well. Quite a few are out of date or old links being recycled for the purposes of hits garnered. So merely old rather than complete fabrications When presented as new or the OP doesn't check the date of that item being recycled, it becomes a form of fake news, albeit a minor one.

So how do we qualify without oppressing? Perhaps a field that if filled out prior to posting gets a status granted to it by the Mods when posted. Perhaps with the date of the information, number of confirming sites, etc?

Those that choose the normal route receive no status acknowledgement?

I dunno. Thoughts?

Don't be so quick to post.... especially when others beat you to it...look down NEW THREADS...first before starting

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yep, I check now regularly before creating an OP. Many of mine tend to a little in left field rather than new news OPs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join