It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Trip to the DMV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have an ID, not a DL, but I've never had any trouble getting one. Hell, my SS card, birth cert, marriage license and hubs vouching for my identity was enough for them. Didn't even ask for any mail or bills for proof of identity.

All that shows, however, is that some people follow the ID rules to the letter while others wing it. And all THAT shows is we need a more consistent country-wide system that isn't left up to a state DMV's employees' whim -- either more tight, or looser on the reqs.

Edit: If people think they have issues with the DMV, try being my husband. He's German, and they always look at his BC like it's a paper alien from outer space. "Is this real?" "Yes..." "Why isn't this in English, sir?" "I'm from Germany, it's in German by default..." Takes him about 2 weeks & either a consulate call or an embassy call (we've gone through both) for verification before he can get a new ID every time.

Count your blessings it's just a SS card, birth cert and some mail for American-borns.
edit on 6/7/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrapscalllion
a reply to: Subrosabelow

We used to joke while in the military that you had to fill out 3 forms just to go to the bathroom......and some people want these nutjobs in charge of our healthcare ?

Government healthcare... the efficiency of the DMV and the compassion of the IRS. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

While it costs money every 10 years, the best piece of identity to get is a passport. It's universally accepted (I believe) as proof of residency and citizenship.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
a reply to: Edumakated

While it costs money every 10 years, the best piece of identity to get is a passport. It's universally accepted (I believe) as proof of residency and citizenship.

Yeah, I keep my passport valid for that very reason. It is valid ID everywhere...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I am not even kidding when I say at my DMV they had a completely Deaf man running the eye test. I'm all for working with people with disabilities, but he should have been doing photos or something else that did not require constant communication. It was downright comical, during the test he had to write things on paper and then we had to write back. The wait was so so long.

I have a little DMV tip for everyone. Don't go to the big popular DMV's, find one out on the fringe on town and go to those ones. I was in and out in 5 minutes, I couldn't believe it.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: blend57

I am not even kidding when I say at my DMV they had a completely Deaf man running the eye test. I'm all for working with people with disabilities, but he should have been doing photos or something else that did not require constant communication. It was downright comical, during the test he had to write things on paper and then we had to write back. The wait was so so long.

I have a little DMV tip for everyone. Don't go to the big popular DMV's, find one out on the fringe on town and go to those ones. I was in and out in 5 minutes, I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, that is what I do. I go to some rinky dink center. I also tend to go when most people are working. Mid morning or mid afternoon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join