It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Reve is the new Deja Vu - Seeing the future in your dreams.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Dreams are such a fascinating topic of discussion. There is so much about their nature that remains mysterious and enthralling. I truly believe they are the key link we have to a preview of what lies beyond the physical world.

I can definitely relate to both phenomena of Deja Reve and Deja Vu. There have been times I have experienced strong familiarity with events that I am 99% sure I dreamed about happening months/years before. This has decreased substantially as I have aged, though.

edit on 7-5-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tgidkp
a reply to: YouAreDreaming

i have recently developed such a profound fear of dreaming that i am having difficulty allowing myself to fall asleep.

for various reasons, my real life has taken on a very surreal character and so my mind is having some trouble feeling secure in either state. i would self commit to the psych ward if i didn't think it would just make things worse.

but that shows where the mind is at... "take me to the nuthouse!"

reading through these posts here has calmed my nerves a bit, to see that other people are also having powerful dreams and you are even advocating for them. well, gotta sleep sometime.... maybe i can be a dream warrior like you.

thanks for the thread and keep the stories coming, as they are helping me feel a little more sane.

dkp

Dreaming is something that you can develop skill in, and resolving fear is through controlling dream content is achievable. Dreams are a very advanced form of thinking. Regardless of the content, the fundamental nature behind that content is the fact that dreams are just thoughts and learning to think in this higher-order thought process will empower your dreams so that you are in control, creating the type of dreams you want to experience.

But all of that comes with skill. Also, once you rationalize that dreams being only thought cannot hurt you only cause a fear response that fear can subside because the worst case scenario of every dream is you wake up. When I was younger I learned quickly that dreams are safe, fun and entertaining so seldom do I ever have fear in my dreams especially if I am lucid and in control

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent
Dreams are such a fascinating topic of discussion. There is so much about their nature that remains mysterious and enthralling. I truly believe they are the key link we have to a preview of what lies beyond the physical world.

I can definitely relate to both phenomena of Deja Reve and Deja Vu. There have been times I have experienced strong familiarity with events that I am 99% sure I dreamed about happening months/years before. This has decreased substantially as I have aged, though.

There is a huge opportunity to become more adept dreamers and learn to work with this creative process, but our current culture and science treats them as random noise and barely recognizes that this is an amazing feat of cognition to be able to think in a way that simulates reality as effortlessly as breathing.

Dreams are natures virtual reality simulator and all they take is consciousness to play.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mazamure

Why the hell wpuld ypu quote his entire lengthy post in your reply? Thats completely unnecessary and endlessly obnoxious. Especially considering you were the very first person to reply and his comment is directly above yours. Good lord. Use some common freaking sense.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
a reply to: mazamure

Why the hell wpuld ypu quote his entire lengthy post in your reply? Thats completely unnecessary and endlessly obnoxious. Especially considering you were the very first person to reply and his comment is directly above yours. Good lord. Use some common freaking sense.
Why you waste your time posting worthless drivel like I would give a # about what you find unnecessary or annoying? All you've done is waste time instead of providing any real thoughts or insights.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join