It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 4 people shot inside Nashville mall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Are they still looking for iatse 46 grips for the shows?

Hate the crime but might need a gig this winter.
edit on 3-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well last I heard the local here was 150 spots short for current gigs. There is indeed opportunities here at the moment. I myself am going freelance at the end of the month to capitalize on the bountiful work opportunities here. I might even look into rejoining IATSE again.

Edit: its much more of a summer city though as a lot of the drive is touring and music and that always ramps up in the summer...but I know there are some things that film here...like well...Nashville the tv show.
edit on 3-5-2018 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well they have more accurate details out now...and this may actually be a case of self defense where the shooting could be justified.

3rd update

One killed in shooting at Nashville's Opry Mills Mall; suspect in custody

NATALIE ALLISON AND ADAM TAMBURIN | THE TENNESSEAN

0 minutes ago

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

1 person was in custody after the shooting

Schools in the area were in 'lockout on Thursday afternoon

Police said there was no 'imminent threat' after the arrest

Nashville Metro police were called to the Opry Mills Mall on Thursday afternoon after a shooting was reported,

NATALIE ALLISON/ USA TODAY NETWORK - TENNESSEE

Metro Nashville police took a suspect into custody Thursday afternoon after a shooting that killed one person at Opry Mills Mall. Police said the shooting stemmed from a "dispute" between two men.

The victim, a 22-year-old man, died after being rushed to Skyline Medical Center, according to police spokesman Don Aaron.

No one else was hurt, authorities said.

The suspect, also a 22-year-old man, was taken into custody soon after police arrived at the scene. Investigators were interviewing him Thursday afternoon.

A retired California police officer helped take the suspect into custody, Aaron said. The retired officer was in a ticket booth near the mall when witnesses ran in screaming, "Shooter! Shooter!"

The suspected gunman, who was in the crowd, put a pistol on the counter and said he had acted in self defense. The retired officer took the gun and told the suspect to lay on the grass outside until police arrived, Aaron said.

Officers swept through the mall after the shooting, and Aaron said there didn't appear to be any remaining danger. Investigators were working to interview more than 20 potential witnesses.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to Newschannel 5, two 22 year olds had an altercation in the hallway of the Opry Mills Mall. Officials said it appeared to have been an ongoing dispute. Witnesses said the gun was pulled after some pushing and shoving between the two.

Both the shooter and the deceased victim are said to be known by Metro Police.

Source and Video Coverage

J

edit on 5/3/2018 by LadyJae because: deleted double URL

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Just now hearing about this getting home and I usually drive right by that mall. Theres hardly anyone at the mall in the middle of the day so I wonder what it could be.
edit on 3-5-2018 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Thanks for the update...again it sounds like at least the shooter himself felt like it was self defense. Most gunmen don't immediately surrender and follow commands from people who aren't officers in uniform when they know they're guilty...especially when the adrenaline is rushing.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Bet your drive sucks...I see traffic is backed up a bunch more than usual. Luckly I don't hit briley until elm hill pike. And I head to Murfreesboro pike...a while other hell.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I choose to go straight through DT to get to Antioch instead of Briley pkwy today otherwise I might still be stuck in it. I`m surprised no one posted about that massive dump truck that got stuck under the overpass last week, there is never a dull moment in Nashville TN.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Nope...ofc my favorite was last summer with the cattle truck flipping on briley and cows running all over the place. I have never seen more senseless accidents in my life.

<< 1   >>

join