It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone noticed that the four horsemen of the apocalypse represent the four races of man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I find one flaw with this theory you connect (Death: blackman) The horseman Death is not described as black at all Bible I think that is a more modern association Grim reaper Ect...

Behold a Pale horse and on it sits death. Pale was the description of the vision of Death not black

I cant believe I missed that , but I was more concerned in disproving the fact that race does apply to the colors of the horsemen , but true you are right and I missed it in the effort of pursing the point I was making , thanks for bringing that up.

[edit on 18/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of "multiple end point fallacy"........

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here are all the colors.

a white horse appears, its rider held a bow (conquest).
a red horse appears, its rider holds a sword (war)
a black horse appears, its rider holds a pair of scales (famine)
a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death

Im not really sure were pestilence comes from but I have heard it before. But the bible refers to the first Horsemen as Conquest. "Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. "

Im not sure how people get pestilence out of that. I think its quite clear it is conquest.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Now that I think of it Black as Famine might fit better into your theory, with Africa and all they seem to know Famine better then any place in the world.

White people Conquest Ill give you that one too. But Red as war Native Americans
not exactly the embodiment of war.

And as for Pale I dont think any race can be associated with that.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Here are all the colors.

a white horse appears, its rider held a bow (conquest).
a red horse appears, its rider holds a sword (war)
a black horse appears, its rider holds a pair of scales (famine)
a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death

Im not really sure were pestilence comes from but I have heard it before. But the bible refers to the first Horsemen as Conquest. "Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. "

Im not sure how people get pestilence out of that. I think its quite clear it is conquest.

In the context you are following the closest match to pestilence right now is that caused by flooding and destruction of sewer facilities in the Tsunami countries , this will be a problem for the better part of the decade recovery from pestilence and the control there of is slowed till all possible breeding grounds are either eliminated or controlled.

[edit on 18/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
But I dont understand how Pestilence is even counted as one of the four horsemen.

In the first post of this thread the posters had Pestilence taking conquests place as a horsemen how did that happen.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by junglejake
Oh, but wait! History its self has talked about them:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

The four horsemen aren't signs of what's to come. They come with the first 4 seals; when they come, it's already begun. All 4 of them are closely interrelated, as well. With a world wide war along the lines we've never imagined, Famine would ensue. This would cause worse and worse health along with the inability to extract medicines from plants desperatly needed for food, hence Pestilence. Through all 3 of these, Death comes en masse. Add nukes to it, and all 4 happen at the same time.

War has contributed to the famine factor in the Darfur area as well as pestilence, and now there is the pestilence and famine in the tsunami areas. Not to mention there was announced this week the first Totally drug resistant AIDS SUPER VIRUS in the USA.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some research on AIDS and HIV... you'll be surprised..

as for your theory...

Symbology is extremely important.. not to mention that it can be taken about a million ways...
to help read the symbology I recommend reading some of the gnostic texts because within those texts Jesus (or whomever is writing) explains their symbology so it becomes easier to identify what their indeed talking about.

[edit on 18/2/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
Has anyone ever heard of "multiple end point fallacy"........

I sorta remember something about that from my studies in school

The use of several valid references to reach a single point or conclusion????

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some research on AIDS and HIV... you'll be surprised..

I have that is why I came to know about the newest strand where in it is believed that the use of recreational drugs in aids / hiv patients has allowed the virus to evolved to become resistant to any current drug used to control the disease, I didnt just pull that out of the air and after I heard about it I research the efforts to takle this new strand and there are not very many ideas yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by Dr Love
I thought they represented:

Pestilence: Harry Stuhldreher
Death: Jim Crowley
Famine: Don Miller
War: Elmer Layden

Peace

HAH I like this good one there DR Love

Thanks brother! I'm not sure, but I think you were the only one that got it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The fact is anything can be the four horsemen of the apocalypes since the description is, obviuosly, metaphorical. They arent actually horesmen, so any horrible event, such as a war, can be seen as the arrival of the 4 horsemen. How are we suppose to know, without just speculation and assumption such as saying they are the 4 races of the earth, who or wat they really are????

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Has anyone noticed that the four horsemen of the apocalypse represent the four races of man?
Pestilence: white man (European)
Death: blackman (African)
Famine: Yellowman (Asian)
War: Redman (North American Indian/Aboriginal)

Any comments or is this just weird?

well, accorting to Hopi legend, all humanity started from thoes 4 races. And the Hopi have an apocolipitic end of the world prohpecy too.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wgatenson

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Pestilence: white man (European)
Death: blackman (African)
Famine: Yellowman (Asian)
War: Redman (North American Indian/Aboriginal)

Any comments or is this just weird?

well, accorting to Hopi legend, all humanity started from thoes 4 races. And the Hopi have an apocolipitic end of the world prohpecy too.

Like I said I cant see this power of carrying judgements put in the hands of man , if that where the purpose then why does God reserve the right to be the only judge and executioner so to speak

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Nice idea..but it doesnt fit, and you have the characters mixed up.

The colours refer to the HORSES, not the riders.

They are White, Red, Black and Pale (greenish).

1. First Seal: White Horse.

... a white horse appears, its rider held a bow (conquest)...

2. Second Seal: Red Horse.

...a red horse appears, its rider holds a sword (war)

3. Third seal: Black Horse

...Black Horse appears, its rider holds a pair of scales (famine)...

4. Fourth Seal: Pale Horse

...a pale horse appears, its rider is called Death (pestilence)...

The Black Horse isnt Death. Death himself is tradtionally in Black, but he rides a Pale Horse, so I can see how you might get them mixed up.

However, the Pale Horse is described as GREENISH in colour. So maybe he represents Martians?

You have a neat theory, it just doesnt fit the Four Horsemen.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The similarities in the Hopi's stories of mankind's existence through four different worlds, do bear some striking similarities to the 4 horses of the Apocalypse, which some of you may find interesting.

I am working on a longer, more detailed version of this idea, but for now here is a summation of the 2 mythologies:

SUMMARY OF HOPI WORLDS:

1ST- NAME MEANS ENDLESS SPACE; DIRECTION: WEST; COLOR: YELLOW; MINERAL: GOLD; ANIMAL: SNAKE WITH A BIG HEAD; BIRD: FAT-EATING BIRD; PLANT: THE LITTLE 4 LEAVED PLANT; FATAL FLAW: DIVISIVE SPEECH MADE THEM FORGET THE UNIFYING ONENESS OF ALL CREATION; DESTROYED BY FIRE; LEADERS: The Fire Clan

2ND- NAME MEANS DARK MIDNIGHT; DIRECTION: SOUTH; COLOR: BLUE; MINERAL: SILVER; ANIMAL: SKUNK; BIRD: EAGLE; PLANT: SPRUCE; FATAL FLAW: OBSESSION WITH MATERIALISM/GREED; DESTROYED BY ICE; LEADERS: The Spider Clan (the blue of dark midnight is comparable to black)

3RD- NAME'S MEANING LOST OVER TIME; DIRECTION: EAST; COLOR: RED; MINERAL: COPPER; ANIMAL: ANTELOPE; BIRD: CROW; PLANT: TOBACCO; FATAL FLAW: UNRESTRAINED PROMISCUITY/AERIAL WARFARE; DESTROYED BY WATER; LEADERS: The Bow Clan

4TH- NAME MEANS COMPLETE WORLD; DIRECTION: NORTH; COLOR: YELLOWISH-WHITE; MINERAL: A"MIXED MINERAL"(CONCRETE?); ANIMAL: MOUNTAIN LION; BIRD: OWL; PLANT: JUNIPER; DESTROYED BY, EITHER, MAN'S GREED & WARS OR NATURE'S WRATH; LEADERS: The Bear Clan

SUMMARY OF THE 4 HORSES

1st- white("leukos": light, bright, brilliant) horse; bow and crown; power to conquer

2nd- red ("purrhos": having the color of fire) horse; sword; power to take peace from the earth so men would kill each other

3rd- black ("melas": black or black ink)horse; balances (also means any yolk of burden/bondage); power to control the weights and measures of trade

4th- pale ("chloros": yellowish-pale or green; pale in Heb."chavar" means white) horse; ridden by Death, followed by Hell; power to kill with the sword, death ("thanatos": separation of the soul from the body), hunger, and wild beasts

Just some thoughts...let me know if I need to clarify them.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

4th- pale ("chloros": yellowish-pale or green; pale in Heb."chavar" means white) horse; ridden by Death, followed by Hell; power to kill with the sword, death ("thanatos": separation of the soul from the body), hunger, and wild beasts

Just some thoughts...let me know if I need to clarify them.

So, are you saying that in Hebrew, the word that they translated into pale could also mean white?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
So, are you saying that in Hebrew, the word that they translated into pale could also mean white?

The word that was translated as "pale" in Revelations is "chloros" which is Greek and different from the Hebrew word "chavar" which was also translated to mean "pale".
"Chloros" means "yellowish-pale" or "green" in English but was translated simply as "pale". Since "yellowish" is an adjective of "pale", "pale" must be a specific color.
I would imagine that "yellowish-pale" probably means "yellowish-green", but find it interesting that both the Hebrew word meaning "white" and the Greek word meaning "yellowish-pale" were translated into the English word "pale".
The only reason I pointed it out, was because the Hopi's believe "yellowish-white" is the color of the 4th world, and the 4th horse of the apocalypse is described as "pale", so I wonder if it's possible that "yellowish-pale" means "yellowish-white" as well.

Does that make any sense?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
The fact is anything can be the four horsemen of the apocalypes since the description is, obviuosly, metaphorical. They arent actually horesmen, so any horrible event, such as a war, can be seen as the arrival of the 4 horsemen. How are we suppose to know, without just speculation and assumption such as saying they are the 4 races of the earth, who or wat they really are????

good observation

in addition the 4 horsemen: representing 4 different methods of calamity.
They also represent the 4 cardinal directions on earth...concluding that the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse are attacking everywhere, worldwide, all at once...

i was waiting for the pale vs. yellow horse color to show up.
in my understandings, the 'pale' horse is closer to a green hue, the color of palor and sickness etc
(no human race is green only alien races are believed to be green)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join