It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Paul Ryan will not seek reelection, he tells friends and colleagues

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You should know damn well the difference between one or two singular anecdotes and many many anecdotes compiled using statistical analysis to create a trend chart. And if you don't then I suggest you go study Statistics.

I can create a trend chart, using statistical analysis, to determine that you've become increasingly standoffish since 2012.

Would you accept those findings, or would you dismiss them because I created the chart.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: UKTruth
except perhaps Trump.

OMG. I was ignoring your posts until I saw this line. You cannot ACTUALLY think that Trump is bi-partisan? His entire thing is to appeal to the small sub-set of extreme conservatives in the country and ignore the desires of literally everyone else. Even when he suggests ideas that are even remotely bi-partisan his crazy ass advisers convince him otherwise and he ends up doubling down on the extreme conservative side. Sheesh... If you think Trump is bipartisan then I have a giant wall to sell you on the cheap.

Only the small sub-set wish to have stronger immigration enforcement and the wall?

Laughable.

Funny thing is even most Democrats want a secure border.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Knowing the OP he was trying to troll Conservatives with this post, however, that only works if Ryan was a Conservative. Clearly not the case here.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Knowing the OP he was trying to troll Conservatives with this post, however, that only works if Ryan was a Conservative. Clearly not the case here.

Undoubtedly.

Most of us want Ryan and McConnell gone lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

except perhaps Trump.

OMG. I was ignoring your posts until I saw this line. You cannot ACTUALLY think that Trump is bi-partisan? His entire thing is to appeal to the small sub-set of extreme conservatives in the country and ignore the desires of literally everyone else. Even when he suggests ideas that are even remotely bi-partisan his crazy ass advisers convince him otherwise and he ends up doubling down on the extreme conservative side. Sheesh... If you think Trump is bipartisan then I have a giant wall to sell you on the cheap.

Only the small sub-set wish to have stronger immigration enforcement and the wall?

Laughable.

They are probably "DINOs"

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

It was not Sean Hannity that stopped the bill Trump wanted for dreamers. It was the Democrats. The deal was on the table for them and they rejected it.

Yo. Stop lying:
Trump Rejects Bipartisan Dreamers Deal

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

except perhaps Trump.

Laughable.

Funny how someone doesn't fit some people's narrow view it's an INO of some kind. There's a name for the INO's. Thinkers.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I sure wouldn't want to be a congressman these days. It seems that society has targeted the political parties and has gone chaotic. This will lead to a destruction of society in this nation within a few years, our government will be taken over by ruthless people, no honest sincere person will want to try to help America anymore.

Putin is winning and Democrats are not smart enough to see this. I wonder how much money MSM is getting from unknown European sources, what European country is going to seize control of this country when it breaks apart? Russia just wants turmoil, some people in Europe want us under their control.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ha, that's a great point. I think we need more INO's across the board. There's nothing particularly admirable about someone who makes their party affiliation part of their identity.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure wouldn't want to be a congressman these days. It seems that society has targeted the political parties and has gone chaotic. This will lead to a destruction of society in this nation within a few years, our government will be taken over by ruthless people, no honest sincere person will want to try to help America anymore.

Putin is winning and Democrats are not smart enough to see this. I wonder how much money MSM is getting from unknown European sources, what European country is going to seize control of this country when it breaks apart? Russia just wants turmoil, some people in Europe want us under their control.

As "societies" go, the US is already destroyed. Thanks to identity politics, this society has degenerated to a sort of "Lord of the Flies" tribalistic society in which members of other tribes are labeled as enemies. I'd guess that Ryan's resignation represents something of an "Atlas Shrugs" moment for the Republican party. The result could very well be the commencement of decades of Democrat control.

The irony of this of course is that they'll take control just as a major economic collapse insues do the explosion of the debt bomb. And its not too hard to imagine who they'll scapegoat for that debacle, their favorite enemy tribe.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It was not Sean Hannity that stopped the bill Trump wanted for dreamers. It was the Democrats. The deal was on the table for them and they rejected it.

Yo. Stop lying:

Schumer rejected the deal that was on the table. He left Dreamers behind and now the chance of a deal is dead.
www.politico.com...
edit on 11/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Excellent post!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

(gurgle..gurgle)

More of the 'swamp' draining.

Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass, Ryan!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yo. Stop lying:

Schumer rejected the deal that was on the table. He left Dreamers behind and now the chance of a deal is dead.

www.politico.com...

The Democrats were trying to twist this to make it look like the Republicans were bad. I figured that it would not be in the second offering, That is how business works. This is all on the Democrats.
edit on 11-4-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

talk to me in mid November . This could go either way . Will it make a difference , I doubt it

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Go on take the money and run!

Not going to miss RINO Ryan. He's a Soros bitch.
edit on 11-4-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

except perhaps Trump.

Laughable.

Funny how someone doesn't fit some people's narrow view it's an INO of some kind. There's a name for the INO's. Thinkers.

I was referring to what the far left might call them. I might call them sane.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Heaps and gobs of Republican asshats are taking off. All the ones that love big spending so it seems. God damn them all.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Hey what else is there for him to do, he may very well lose his seat if he stays, and then there is all that reward money from the Super entitled super rich folks, he gave trillions to, being a lobbyist ain't a bad pay day either ask John Boehner.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join