It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for a New Political Party in the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yup we had what 50% participation in the last Presidential election, that is not what the founders intended they knew that to preserve the republic the people had to be the final check against corruption.

We failed, so its up to the people to right the ship no republican or democrat or any third party is going to do it without us.

ETA: thought we were at 120 million registered voters, apparently we are closer to 200 mililon voteres so only about 1/3rd of rregistered voters actually voted in an election that was incredibly important... we get the govt we deserve.

edit on 8-4-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

So, what are we waiting on?

Is our division really going to be the end of us as we once knew it?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

"Why stop with one?.......... We need at the very bare minimum at least two more parties.........."

I see where you are coming from Gumerk - But maybe you're missing my point - If we do it your way we would be
right back to square one - Only now we would add more confusion and conflict to the pot - We would be giving
'them' more opportunities to divide us up and circumnavigate the real issues and problems facing the US.

I'm aiming for a right on center coalition of thinkers from all [except exttreme] political viewpoints.

Let's take a really controversial issue - gun control and the Second Ammendmnet for example
- It has the United States serioudly divided - on one end you have some Liberal Democrats who would like
to change the Constitution 'to make us safe' - On the other hand on the right some say we should all be armed.
A center orientated politcal party could say: Yes the Second Ammenment stands but...........yes we can find better
ways to vet out some of 'the nut jobs' from getting their hands on AR15s or any gun for that matter
- And yes the Second Ammendment was made to give the people the right to defend themselves not as a
carte blanche ticket for nut jobs and terrorists to kill us.

See what I'm getting at? - There is always a way to at least partially resolve serious problems
- But this left-right divisional politics accomplishes nothing.

I want a third political party to find what has been missing in America for a long time now
- the will and soul of the American people.

And speking of third political parties and great Americans - Does anyone remember Theodore Roosevelt the 26th President of the United States from 1901 to 1909? - Before your time you say? - Ahead of his time I say!

Besides being one of our great Presidents - Roosevelt is famous for starting the 'Bull Moose Party' a fairly powrful alterntive political party.

“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

edit on 8-4-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
We don't need any parties, but so long as people can freely associate and organize there are going to exist.

Since that is the reality, we need them to be decentralized and numerous. Also, not likely to happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's up to you Man - Are you ready for the future of America? - Are you ready for an American republic
that exceeds your wildest dreams? - The greatest nation ever conceived re-defined, reborn

Then let's party !!!

Patti Smith - People Have The Power

God Bless America - Celine Dion

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
make voting mandatory and extend it to a week. dont vote lose your citizenship a year.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How about we just eliminate parties?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join