It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic Anomaly near Mount Baume

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I ran across this image of an interesting anomaly near Mount Baume in Antarctica. It appears to be some sort of vehicle stuck in the snow. It is fairly large - 200 feet long by 40 feet wide and is (or was) sliding down the slope leaving tracks. The Google Earth image below was taken on April 20th, 2010. There don't appear to be any tracks (footprints or tire ruts) leading to or away from the object and it is most likely abandoned.

It's big enough to be a train or a very long trailer, but it doesn't make sense why one would be located in deserted area like this.

Any suggestions on what it might be?

Coords: -54.65781664,-36.20184813

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

it's probably a Tremor

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Gravity, wind, ice can explain the motion of the object which leaves it's own trail behind it.

What the object is, well it's covered in snow and the zoomed in picture doesn't give us much else but more snow.

So I'm going with large-arctic Earthworm.

Because science.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Weren't they relocating the Antartica base station because of the danger of the ice shelf breaking off. So the whole base was relocated section by section.

www.bas.ac.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My mistake ... this anomaly is actually located on the South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands over 900 miles from the Antarctica Peninsula.

Since those islands are populated (just barely - only 30 people live there), the anomaly is a little less mysterious.
edit on 3/7/2018 by Shadoefax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It froze in it's tracks.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you look closely at the track it isn't a set of two tracks but a single track like that made by rolling a snowball. It gathers snow as it's rolled along and leaves a ditch.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 7-3-2018 by mus8472 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I think you mean Graboid.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Check out these coordinates and browse around the area, there is a face in the snow drifts, when you spot it, it will become clear as day.

54°39'44.62"S 36°11'42.47"W

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You left out the portion of the picture which shows what looks like it broke through a mountain along its path. That's the interesting part.

Enlarge the picture and follow the track backwards.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Anyone believe this robot bitch?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

... there is a face in the snow drifts, when you spot it, it will become clear as day.

I'm not seeing anything that looks like a "face". Could you be more specific?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Sometimes a train is just a train.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I actually wrote the location of the face incorrectly, its in the rocky section just to the right of the object that is sitting in the snow. On the rocky surface you can see what looks like a face made out of snow or something.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
My mistake ... this anomaly is actually located on the South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands over 900 miles from the Antarctica Peninsula.

Since those islands are populated (just barely - only 30 people live there), the anomaly is a little less mysterious.

Unless it is a missing airplane, looks like a crashed plane lost its wings and the fuselage slid down the mountain.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Unless it is a missing airplane, looks like a crashed plane lost its wings and the fuselage slid down the mountain.

That's a possibility. If so, the satellite image must have been taken shortly after the crash because the tracks haven't been swept away by the wind.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't want to be the guy that ends the mystery, but that is rock and debris from an avalanche. When you look at the origin of the object you can see the debris field from the slide. The object just happens to slide about a kilometer while dropping 100m in elevation.

Cheers, Nuts

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ill find the full pic but this was just part of an avalanche with a piece of debris that rolled out farther .

Occam always has a way of showing up when all the facts are presented.

And for those interested in facts here is the explanation: www.sciencealert.com...
edit on 11-3-2018 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

join