It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are too many stickies in this forum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Two to three stickies top in any sub-forum of any competently run forum. But here we have:

1. The UFO Blacklist - Why was my ADGUK 3rdPhase SecureTeam10 Section51 etc video moved to HOAX
Great, this is not sticky for more than a month or two. Dated, 2016. No longer needs sticky crap.

2. Jkrogs New and Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory. dated 2012
obsolete crap, doesn't need sticky

3. RARE microfilms of UFO documents now online APRO US Air Force etc PDF archives
oboslete, not sticky worthy

4. Remote viewing UFOs Stargate Galactic Federation the Aviary CIA index 92010 PDF pages
Ridiculous hoax trash from 2015, still stickied? For shame

5. UfoUpdates archive Huge PDF collection of posts by Ufologys top names 1996-2013 0.5Gb download
Good thread from ... 2015

6. The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry
This is sticky why? Pure speculative BS. I can write better sci-fi than this.

7. Important Sticky Threads, dated 2008
The irony is delicious. Kill this one too.

8. Rendlesham Forest A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We Let it Be
No problem in theory with a permanent Rendlesham thread. Not sure it need stickiness. In a normal forum, you create a single Rendlesham thread, a single Roswell thread, and direct all conversation there rather than let Roswell and Rendlesham people start boring thread after thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I see no stickies.
Am I doing it wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think I am over the hill, what is a sticky?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

Try out this forum, it may have some answers...or the Rant forum. No bueno in this forum.

a reply to: mymymy

Looks like you've convinced others something was off...now, 2 stars to his 3 flags...what we should all focus on when posting on ATS.
edit on 16-2-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

OK what the hell is a stickie?

AND, why does this thread have 3 flags, but you have zero???
edit on 16-2-2018 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
My thoughts exactly

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Something here sticks....

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

If you go to the forum page of any forum, there are threads that are always at the top of the forum list, regardless of when the last post was made in the thread. Those are stickies.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Blasphemy!

It has been determined by anonymous polling data, focus group studies, online surveys, hacked clintonemail.com emails, zombie networks, phishing bots, climate scientists, and complex artificial intelligence algorithms that the current number of stickied threads is PRECISELY the ideal amount to have.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

WHOA mind blow, I have never seen such a thing. I am actually impressed by this. How does one accomplish such a task?

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette
Two to three stickies top in any sub-forum of any competently run forum. But here we have:

2. Jkrogs New and Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory. dated 2012
obsolete crap, doesn't need sticky

The 1970's UFO cases in that thread were edited earlier this month so the list is being maintained, it's not obsolete, and is one of the best directories to UFO threads I've ever seen and one of the best resources on ATS. It definitely deserves a sticky.

"edit on 3-2-2018 by karl 12"

7. Important Sticky Threads, dated 2008
The irony is delicious. Kill this one too.
Instead of killing it, maybe update it if the mods don't want to remove some of those other stickies completely, they could update this list. A sticky of stickies seems like an efficient idea to me, I don't know why you have a problem with it. However the list probably needs some maintenance updates to remove the less relevant stickies. I think the reptilian craze is over, so that one can go, and some others too.

8. Rendlesham Forest A Christmas Story from 1980 - Can We Let it Be
No problem in theory with a permanent Rendlesham thread. Not sure it need stickiness.
That's not a sticky, just a popular thread. Those rise to the top under the stickies.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

When you're one of the the Biggest forums online and have over 18MILLION pages of content it's not too hard to understand why there might be a few more stickies is it really? ;-)
edit on 2-16-2018 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer
18 million pages ?
Whoa , I got some catching up to do...

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Probably closer to 19 or 20MM pages of indexed content by now.

But yeah, there are a TON of content pages here on the big ole ATS.

join