It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A huge rally in Greece starts in one hour for Macedonia and Great Alexander (live)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A huge rally at Sydagma Athens for Makedonia - live
The first rally took place in Thessaloniki Hellas, they gather nearly a million but our government in order to silence it said about 80.000 people. Today in Athens is nearly 2 million people!

It should have a different topic because it takes place in a different city, but it is related.
edit on 4-2-2018 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
it ended while ago and here is first pictures and helicopter videos from the rally. Official media reports speak for nearly 2 million of people. The regime of our government speak for 100.000 you can make your own judgments.

link to panoramic photos and helicopter video

edit on 4-2-2018 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Ploutonas
They've picked up on a half-truth, which is always a confusing and dangerous thing to do.
Alexander's Macedonians were not ethnically Greek in origin, but recruits to Greek culture.
However, the Slavs themselves were much further north in those days, and didn't emerge into history and start expanding south until the fall of the Roman empire.

Lol wtf did I just read.
First the Slavs didn’t arrive that far south till the 6th century AD. So there is zero direct connection to Alexander The Great or the Ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, except being on some of its former territory.

Second do you even know where the Ancient Macedonians originate from? Clearly not.

I’ll give you a big clue. It’s in southern Greece.

Here’s another clue. They descend from the same proto-Hellenic tribe certain other ancient Greeks.

Do you know what proto means? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

You are carefully repeating what I said;
You say

First the Slavs didn’t arrive that far south till the 6th century AD. So there is zero direct connection to Alexander The Great or the Ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, except being on some of its former territory.

I said;

However, the Slavs themselves were much further north in those days, and didn't emerge into history and start expanding south until the fall of the Roman empire.

I said "The Slavs were in the north". You say "The Slavs were not in the south"
These are two different ways of saying the same thing. You agree with me.
Read the thread, and you will see that I was criticising the absurd claim that Alexander was a Slav.
(Did you accidentally address your reply to the wrong person?)

Foe convenience, I will quote Wiki on the ancient Macedonians;

Authors, historians, and statesmen of the ancient world often expressed ambiguous if not conflicting ideas about the ethnic identity of the Macedonians as either Greeks, semi-Greeks, or even barbarians. This has led to debate among modern academics about the precise ethnic identity of the Macedonians, who nevertheless embraced many aspects of contemporaneous Greek culture such as participation in Greek religious cults and athletic games, including the Ancient Olympic Games. Given the scant linguistic evidence, it is not clear how closely related the Macedonian language was to Greek, and how close it was to the Phrygian, Thracian, and Illyrian languages.

And yes, as a graduate in History and a graduate in Theology, I managed to pick up the meaning of the prefix "proto-" via two different disciplines.
But I had to learn to read first, and I would recommend learning to read as a necessary preliminary to answering other people's posts.

edit on 17-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
No legitimate, serious historian believes they weren’t Greeks.

The claims they weren’t originate from irredentist claims and those paid to support those claims. Those claims them selves originate from those who, for geopolitical gain, wanted to create pretexts for border changes.

The majority of the skopjian slav propaganda originates from Bulgaria’s aspirations to gain Macedonia(northern Greece). The rest is communist Yugoslav Tito bs.

There’s no historical or factual basis to their claims linking them to the ancients.

You said the ancient Macedonians weren’t Greek, in your post I quoted. I answered it.

They originate from the same proto tribe as certain ancient Greeks in the south of Greece. I’ll let you discover which group, and then come to your own conclusions about the absurdity of claiming the ancient Macedonians weren’t Greek.

a reply to: DISRAELI

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex
At least I am in the company of the authors of the Wiki page.
I should have set the link; en.wikipedia.org...
I thought the essential point was that I was denying any Slav connection, which is what this thread is all about.

edit on 18-7-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
At least I am in the company of the authors of the Wiki page.
I should have set the link; en.wikipedia.org...
I thought the essential point was that I was denying any Slav connection, which is what this thread is all about.

Stop trying to worm your way out.
You said the ancient Macedonians weren’t ethnic Greeks
They were. You say you’ve studied history?
Tell us where they come from then buddy.

I gave you a big hint and did 99% of the work for you...it’s in southern Greece..they’re not the only Ancient Greeks to originate from the same proto tribe.

Of course anyone can claim to have studied anything and be an expert in anything on the Internet lol

Do you even know what the word means? It’s a Greek word.
Do you know the meaning of the vergina sun?

Without using some crappy wiki links or the crappy third rate education you received...
edit on 19-7-2018 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I gather that you studied "irrational and intemperate hostility".

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is another EU provocation, surrounding the name of the Former Yugoslav Republic. The EU is attempting to create clashes between Greece and FYROM over an issue that is quite frankly MORONIC to mention and even to understand !

Greece is again broke after the financial crisis-induced, bailout cure didn't work and didn't cure anything.
Was the Euro worth it? Where is Tsipras the traitor ? Where's laser-eyed Varoufakis now ? I don't see them ...
Probably they are cheeing in the corner due to the upcoming addition of FYROM into NATO ranks

edit on 1-10-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It is at least as much important though, to remember that the accreditation of "Alexander the Great" is a bit of a misnomer. He should be rather remmbered as Alexander the Pedophile.

Basically he was the founder of the Europena colonialist crusading ideology that still persists today.
This crusading ideology needs to be supported by various highly addictive and insanity inducing things. Those are most often drugs and sexual abuses, among them most notably pedophilia, is the big trend that characterizes the leadership of the European civilization since the ancient greek times, when Lycurgus, a Babylonian agent , created Sparta according to the wishes of the Babylonian queen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join