It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Vandenberg AFB launch a missile or spacecraft today around 2pm PT?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: AllIsOne

Different flight path and altitude. I live on the road and it's fun to see what different contrails do. Sometimes you see ones that look like they're Morse Code, while the one near it is incredibly thick and continuous. Other days they make weird turns, and leave a shadow.

And if you've been driving too long, sometimes they look like little bunnies....

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

My personal favorite is the 737 PDE.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Had to look that up.😁

www.flyertalk.com...

Definitions:
--"Dark" 737: No flight entertainment (e.g. seat back AVOD, PDE, etc), just wifi for internet and in-seat power. More information on the "dark" planes can be found at: www.flyertalk.com...
--PDE (Personal Device Entertainment): Movies, TV Shows, and Music, that can be streamed to your tablet or phone using the United App or a laptop using a web browser over the plane's wifi network. The content is stored locally on each plane and does not consume internet bandwidth. More information can be located at: www.united.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Nope, still wrong.

That is supposedly the contrail from the Pulse Detonation Engine that propels the "Aurora" to Mach 6, or whatever it's capable of flying at today. When you see that type of contrail, something with a PDE went over.

I've seen that with just about every type of commercial aircraft at some point.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Ahhhhh, Pulse Detonation Engine. Thank you.

I've seen these type's of contrails before. But they come from comercial aircraft. Not always, but sometimes.

Mehh...
Not this morning though.

edit: found an older pic.

what is that black dot on the right part of the contrail? i just now noticed it😮 BUG!
edit on 19-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Nope, still wrong.

That is supposedly the contrail from the Pulse Detonation Engine that propels the "Aurora" to Mach 6, or whatever it's capable of flying at today. When you see that type of contrail, something with a PDE went over.

I've seen that with just about every type of commercial aircraft at some point.

isnt that a PDE...i kid i kid

ETA thats what i get for trying to be cheeky and not reading... Joke is dead...
edit on 19-1-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That's the highly classified FL-Y. It's used to gather information from walls and ceilings.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I need coffee. heck i'll load it and count down then.

I took this photo in July,

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

cheeky😀

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

sometimes i get over excited by secret aircraft memes and put the cart before the horse.

thats a cool picture of condensation...i mean chemtrails. It really is to bad that the chemtrail community is so quick to say every contrail is a chemtrail.

there are 100% verified aircraft that do spraying for geo engineering.

what kind of camera and lens combo do you use to get so close and clear shots.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Cannon EOS rebel sl1

75-300 zoom.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

iv been thinking about getting my self a UV 35mm set up and maybe even a IR setup

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

🤗off topic.. but🤗

That's out of my realm..
This is Zaphod's expertise. I'm learning how my camera works, night time shots are hard. Living in a airport landing zone, I do good during the day.... and aweful at night.😊

Evenings with some sun left I get nice shots.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What time did you take the picture? If you provide all the details and upload the image the aircraft can likely be found on flight tracking software playback.

It is all about perspective and contrails can sometimes deceive. Contrails can stretch for over a hundred miles and when perspective is factored in it can be deceptive.

Here is one that fooled a member of ATS back in 2008. The people filming genuinely thought that they were filming a missile launch. It was simply an airliner.

The KeyNews link is now dead but this was the report from 2008

It's a rocket, it's a missile, no, it's a ... BY ADAM LINHARDT Citizen Staff [email protected] On New Year's Eve, some Florida Keys residents were awed by an unusual sight in the south to southwest skies off Key West. Recreational boaters, commercial fishermen and others snapped photographs they sent to the Navy, asking what the fast-moving object was that left a thick plume in its long wake, which glowed orange in the setting sun. Some speculated, and worried, that it was a rocket or missile, or military test. "To me, at first, it really looked like a missile," said commercial fisherman Lee Starling. After seeing video of the object on YouTube, Navy officials this week said the sighting was a less nefarious seasonal phenomenon. "Not until we saw the YouTube video could we really see that it's an airplane," Naval Air Station Key West spokesman Jim Brooks said. "But we get calls all the time over the holidays." To accommodate the increased air traffic during the holidays, the U.S. government allows international commercial airliners to fly in areas that typically are restricted airspace, Brooks said. The uncommon sight is coupled with the curvature of the Earth, which makes the planes appear to be flying vertically, he said. "We looked at it and it's a contrail," Brooks said of the visible trail of condensed water vapor made by the exhaust of the aircraft engine. "Not only that, but looking at the direction, it's probably coming from the Yucatan Peninsula. ... Because that's normally restricted airspace, we don't see it all the time. But we see them enough to know that it's not a strange or new phenomenon." Liberty Clipper Capt. Ron Opiela said he's seen it before. And he and Starling said they saw two more planes in the same general airspace a few days later. "There's nothing supernatural or covert," Opiela said. "The planes flying from the west use Key West as a way point. It wasn't a missile, but it's always pretty cool to see."

edit on 19/1/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Preparing to launch. Part 2
m.youtube.com...

I'm watching it live. I don't know what's up with the link I gave. I have YT Red though.🤷‍♂️

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I really wish that they flew that Long-EZ with the calliope PDE built out of a Honda cylinder head at altitude so we could see once and for all what its contrail would ACTUALLY look like.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Unless you're talking a missile platform a PDE is seriously over rated. It would have been nice though.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Thanks! Amazing what perspective can do to perception...I thought I saw something special, but it may have been an ordinary plane. I think the GPS data and time can be found in my EXIF data from the picture I posted.

The only thing I don't understand is the contrail. It stayed up there forever, while all others vanished quickly. Maybe different altitude...?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No problem. I can't see your image as I just get a dead link. I would agree with different altitude for the persistent contrail.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Lovely shot..Dropping F stop and upping the ISO works wonders when your doing speed at low light..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join