It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pfizer's Breast Cancer Drug Thwarted by Chemical Found in Bread (Oops!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
'Breakthrough' breast cancer drug thwarted by chemical found in bread
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A chemical found in bread and a range of other common foods can thwart treatment for breast cancer, scientists have warned.

New research suggested the benefits of the “breakthrough” new drug palbociclib, which is given to women with oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer, was effectively reversed by xenoestrogens.

The compounds are present in products made from wheat, maize, barley and other staples.

Scientists said women currently taking the drug should consider altering their diet.

They also suggested that, as well as hindering the benefit of the palbociclib, xenoestrogens may accelerate the growth of oestrogen-fuelled cancers themselves.

Manufactured by Pfizer, the medication was approved for use on the NHS in November for women with oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer - which accounts for about 70 per cent of cases - in whom the disease was advanced and unlikely to be cured.

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence gave the green light after trials showed palbociclib could double the period progression-free survival in some patients...

His colleague, Dr Gary Siuzdak, said: “Breast cancer patients taking palbociclib/letrozole should consider limiting their exposure to foods that contain xenoestrogens."

So bread contains xenoestrogens which hinder the benefits of taking this "breakthrough" breast cancer drug called palbociclib

Now...I am not sure where this OP got their facts from, but lately I have been seeing Pfizer in the news with regards to shutting down research programs and leaning out to help out shareholders.

If you ask me...I think this is nature's way of telling Pfizer get that # out of our body and let's fight this dis-ease of the body with a healthy diet surrounded by lots of nature's greens.

This "cure drug" is not a cure no matter what any company says...they just don't want to really admit that there is a cure in nature and you don't have to be bound to taking pills made in a lab.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, cancer and other diseases happen naturally too. Why fight them at all then? Just let nature take its course.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

well exogeneous estrogens are every where, bleached paper, plastic bottles, vaccines, soy, hops... I guess this drug is done contraindications are everywhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Not surprising. I would also bet this goes to other cancer drugs as well.

My wife was diagnosed with her2+ cancer in breast and liver. First thing she did was cut out grains and dairy. She has responded fully and no sign of cancer. The other women in the oncology group with the same cancer, have not given up bread, dairy, refined sugar and have not had the same success with their treatment.

Diet is everything!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
so just stop eating and no more canser ... well its hard for cancer to survive in a corpse

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

...If you ask me...I think this is nature's way of telling Pfizer get that # out of our body and let's fight this dis-ease of the body with a healthy diet surrounded by lots of nature's greens.....

no more like this is natures way of telling us xenoestrogens cause cancer.
www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Source suggest organic foods, while those are not always fool proof as it is, still better than nothing. Xenoestrogens are are throughout the modern environment.

3. Tap water. Unfortunately much of our water source is contaminated with petroleum derivatives – the primary source of xenoestrogens. So drink filtered water whenever possible.

4. Shampoos, lotions, soaps, toothpastes, cosmetics and other personal care products that contain paraben or phenoxyethanol chemical compounds widely used by cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries as preservatives. Note that xenoestrogens entering the skin go directly to tissue without passing through the liver for detoxification. So they're 100% absorbed by the body and can be 10 times more potent than those consumed orally.

5. Soft plastics used as packaging materials are often treated with chemical compounds called phthalates, a xenoestrogen, to increase its flexibility. Plastic wrapped foods, heated in the microwave, contain some of the highest xenoestrogen levels. So do not heat food or water with plastic in the microwave. Avoid drinking coffee or other hot liquids in Styrofoam cups. And store your food in glass containers whenever possible!
Source

Look for BPA free plastics.

top topics

join