It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really upset with Citizen watches support department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So I am going through Citizen support department I am really appalled at the way they are handling a simple request. I wont get into to much detail about the request I have because that's not the issue.

The issue is in the 5 emails that have been exchanged it keeps flip-flopping between someone named Ana B and Norma S. It has me totally confused with who is actually handling my issue. Then add in the fact that I asked them a few questions before moving forward with a plan of action to resolve my issue and they completely ignored my questions and just asked me to confirm the course of action I want to take.

I have worked customer support for 10+ years and I am currently an account manager for a software company so I live breath and eat customer support. Every email I get from these women are so monotone they seem like robots. They never offer any sentiment or understanding of my issue and just keep repeating themselves like a bot caught in a loop.

I never try to be a negative detractor for a company because I have been in situations where detractors are hounding me and upset. So I know how it feels. But I am seriously considering putting this company out there on every platform I can think of until a human contacts me or at least a bot that acts human.

If you don't know what a negative detractor is, look it up. They can destroy a business. While that is not my goal I certainly at least want to be heard. If no resolution by EOD I am really afraid of the sentiment I will express on social media.

Anybody have any better resolutions besides asking for a manager or expressing my dissatisfaction to the rep themselves? These actions I already took.
edit on 9-1-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

What is a watch?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

What is a watch?

Nowadays it's a status symbol.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I feel your pain. I hate getting the run around.

One of the lessons I have learnt in life is buy cheap buy twice! Buy a decent watch and it will last a lifetime.

Usually something cheap is a problem.

I hope you get it sorted.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
So I am going through Citizen support department I am really appalled at the way they are handling a simple request. I wont get into to much detail about the request I have because that's not the issue.

The issue is in the 5 emails that have been exchanged it keeps flip-flopping between someone named Ana B and Norma S. It has me totally confused with who is actually handling my issue. Then add in the fact that I asked them a few questions before moving forward with a plan of action to resolve my issue and they completely ignored my questions and just asked me to confirm the course of action I want to take.

I have worked customer support for 10+ years and I am currently an account manager for a software company so I live breath and eat customer support. Every email I get from these women are so monotone they seem like robots. They never offer any sediment or understanding of my issue and just keep repeating themselves like a bot caught in a loop.

I never try to be a negative detractor for a company because I have been in situations where detractors are hounding me and upset. So I know how it feels. But I am seriously considering putting this company out there on every platform I can think of until a human contacts me or at least a bot that acts human.

If you don't know what a negative detractor is, look it up. They can destroy a business. While that is not my goal I certainly at least want to be heard. If no resolution by EOD I am really afraid of the sentiment I will express on social media.

Anybody have any better resolutions besides asking for a manager or expressing my dissatisfaction to the rep themselves? These actions I already took.

Sometimes all you can do is just chalk it up as a loss.

I got ripped off by Avis rental car over the holidays. After several emails and calls, they really haven't done anything to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, I am too busy to keep pursuing it, so I will just have to give my future business to another company.

United Airlines screwed me over once and it cost them at least $250,000 in plane tickets when I decided to fly Delta after that point. Not that they'd really ever know it, but I get some personal satisfaction knowing I didn't give them any more money.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If you are willing to spend the effort here is what I suggest,

After you have exhausted all outlets this is what works.
Go up the chain of command.
Look online at all the executive members of that company, find their emails (trust me they are out there)
Start emailing everyone, investor relations etc.
Tell them everyone you have already contacted to no avail.
Also, Post on their Facebook, social media etc., unfortunately this works, I hate doing it, but it works.

I had to use this a few times when I was given the serious run-around and it was the principal of the matter at that point and I'm super stubborn. The problem is that most people give up and put up with faulty items.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
If you are willing to spend the effort here is what I suggest,

After you have exhausted all outlets this is what works.
Go up the chain of command.
Look online at all the executive members of that company, find their emails (trust me they are out there)
Start emailing everyone, investor relations etc.
Tell them everyone you have already contacted to no avail.
Also, Post on their Facebook, social media etc., unfortunately this works, I hate doing it, but it works.

I had to use this a few times when I was given the serious run-around and it was the principal of the matter at that point and I'm super stubborn. The problem is that most people give up and put up with faulty items.

Reminded me of something. My wife has been very successful using twitter when she has a complaint. The thing is she doesn't just blast out a negative message but sends a private one to the twitter account and then without fail, someone contacts her and typically rectifies the situation. Twitter accounts are usually manned by someone in corporate, not the customer service call centers, so they have more power to fix the problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I have worked customer support for 10+ years and I am currently an account manager for a software company so I live breath and eat customer support. Every email I get from these women are so monotone they seem like robots. They never offer any sediment or understanding of my issue and just keep repeating themselves like a bot caught in a loop.

I got ripped off by Avis rental car over the holidays. After several emails and calls, they really haven't done anything to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, I am too busy to keep pursuing it, so I will just have to give my future business to another company.

United Airlines screwed me over once and it cost them at least $250,000 in plane tickets when I decided to fly Delta after that point. Not that they'd really ever know it, but I get some personal satisfaction knowing I didn't give them any more money.

To just chalk it up as a loss and move on is what they want you to do. In my youth I got a job at a call center that I quit 2 days later. I was given a list of responses to use for people's complaints. None of them resolved anything but it was all I was allowed to say. You're not dealing with a robot but you might as well be. Their job is to keep your money and make you go away. Me, I keep after them until I get the problem resolved, no matter how long it takes

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

To just chalk it up as a loss and move on is what they want you to do. In my youth I got a job at a call center that I quit 2 days later. I was given a list of responses to use for people's complaints. None of them resolved anything but it was all I was allowed to say. You're not dealing with a robot but you might as well be. Their job is to keep your money and make you go away. Me, I keep after them until I get the problem resolved, no matter how long it takes

Oh, I'm sure that is part of it. However, for many people time is money. At some point, I have to decide is my time worth more than what I may get back from getting the problem fixed.

I got a erroneous parking ticket once. It was like $75.00. I was P'Oed about it. It was an error as my motorcycle wasn't even in the area the ticket claims (completely different side of town). I tried arguing it through the standard channels and told I needed to go to court to challenge. It would cost me way more than $75.00 in time and ancillary costs to go to court between parking, time at work, etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

They never offer any sediment or understanding of my issue and just keep repeating themselves like a bot caught in a loop.

Modern business call centers are labyrinth-ed just for this reason.

The bot loop will repeat endlessly until you_go_away.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

Oh, I'm sure that is part of it. However, for many people time is money. At some point, I have to decide is my time worth more than what I may get back from getting the problem fixed.

I got a erroneous parking ticket once. It was like $75.00. I was P'Oed about it. It was an error as my motorcycle wasn't even in the area the ticket claims (completely different side of town). I tried arguing it through the standard channels and told I needed to go to court to challenge. It would cost me way more than $75.00 in time and ancillary costs to go to court between parking, time at work, etc.

It is true that you tend to give more than you get, but I'm the type of person who just can't let them get away with it. It likely comes from those 2 days of being told just make them go away. I got a speeding ticket once that belonged to someone else. I went to court and lost. They said for $280 I could appeal. That was more than the ticket. I did nothing and they issued a warrant for my arrest. When I got the notice for that I called the court and asked for a hearing. I went and pointed out the flaws from the first time and the judge dismissed the ticket, and my record stayed clean. Sometimes it's worth the effort, but that's for you to decide. If it's worth fighting for then don't give up. If not, well....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Your best result will be to bombard them on social media, say how unhappy you are with the product and service and I bet you get your problem resolved within 30 minutes.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It all depends on what the watch is worth and how much of your own time you want to invest in trying to correct what you feel is the issue. There are certain ways I handle customer service issues and I typically find that they are resolved in my favor the vast majority of the time.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
Your best result will be to bombard them on social media, say how unhappy you are with the product and service and I bet you get your problem resolved within 30 minutes.

To hammer them on social media only works if they read it or care. Ask yourself this, How many times have you bought something even though it has a bunch of 1 star remarks? I do it all the time because I've found a lot of those comments are things like didn't push the on button. I'll be the first to admit that I tend to ignore those remarks.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
(800) 321-1023 ext.4234. Monday - Friday. 10:00 am - 8:00 pm ET.

I would just call them. Emailing is a pain and they probably are just reading off a list. Same thing with the call center but you probably can get a manager if you are polite but persistent. What's wrong with the watch?

new topics

top topics

join