It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Brewing In Space? Why So Many Satellite Rocket Launches Lately?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
but why 20,000 5G satellites up within just 2 years?

www.sgtreport.com...
20,000 Satellites for 5G to be Launched

The total number of satellites that is expected to be put into low and high orbit by several companies will be 20,000 satellites.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

They are not 5G satellites. Your source is nonsense.
In order to provide constant coverage over a large area of the Earth (which is large) it takes a lot of satellites.

edit on 9/27/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

They're not 5G. As pointed out, if you want to be able thou transmit to anywhere on earth, continuously, you need lots of satellites. Of those 20,000 Starlink will make up around 12,000. They'll put 1600 at 340 miles, 2800 at 710 miles, and 7800 at 210 miles. None of them are 5G.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

October 15, 2017:

United Launch Alliance’s clandestine Atlas V launch in support of the US National Reconnaissance Office finally departed SLC-41 on Sunday, after previously failing to dodge bad weather and then suffering a telemetry transmitter issue. Liftoff of NROL-52 from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station occurred at 07:28 Eastern.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...

I actually know a little about this topic - especially this launch in particular - because of the work I've been doing for the past 4 years as an independent IT contractor for the NRO (National Reconnaissance Office). I spent the first 3 years at the NRO primarily at their HQ location in Chantilly, VA. I've spent the last year or so traveling to different locations for a month or so at a time. The NROL-52 launch was great for me as it was in Cape Canaveral FL and I got to spend some time there after the launch with a lunatic friend of mine from HS who lives there now. Much alcohol was consumed on the beach over a few days. Sometimes I really like being an Independent Contractor...lol.

It was a spectacular launch visually as most night launches are. We also launch from Wallops Island VA every now & then but it's often day launches. I like Wallops launches because It's close to HQ and It's a beautiful place to visit - half of the island is nothing but gorgeous beaches and parks, and the other half is a secure NASA launch site. You can't make this stuff up.

There are reasons for the flurry of launches by us and others shown in your post. I can't talk about it publicly - or even privately in this case - due to security issues as you can imagine. I know that sucks for the members here, but I thought something was better than nothing in this case and I really enjoy spending time here on ATS. It's nice to be able to contribute something back once in a while and not get in trouble for doing it.

What I can say is you can usually tell how important something is by how little public information you can get about it other than the obvious fluff.

And in this case, you wouldn't even get the fluff if there were some way to hide a satellite launch from anyone that happens to look up at the sky at the right time.

On a final note, my current travel and living situation that I mentioned earlier is tied to this. Living out of a suitcase sucks at times, but having all of my living expenses fully paid - your tax dollars at work :-), more than makes up for it.

And no - it has absolutely *nothing* to do with the current impeachment debacle. Most of the people I work with every day don't give a rat's ass about politics unless it impacts their funding.

edit on 9/28/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They're not 5G. As pointed out, if you want to be able thou transmit to anywhere on earth, continuously, you need lots of satellites. Of those 20,000 Starlink will make up around 12,000. They'll put 1600 at 340 miles, 2800 at 710 miles, and 7800 at 210 miles. None of them are 5G.
I can clear up why there are these launches, our Magnetic field is about to cross an area of space, where its natural motion will suddenly stop, causing immediate pole reversal, devastating all but 1% of unprepared life on the planet. Everything resting on the crust of the planet will spin in excess of 1000mph, and Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndTenor

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I can clear up why there are these launches, our Magnetic field is about to cross an area of space, where its natural motion will suddenly stop, causing immediate pole reversal, devastating all but 1% of unprepared life on the planet. Everything resting on the crust of the planet will spin in excess of 1000mph, and Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

<< 1  2   >>

join