It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Shuttle Landing Edwards back in the 80's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi I am curious as to where it was I watched a shuttle landing back in the early 1980's, the location I think is Edwards AFB in So. Cal. I have a bad memory for dates and such and yet did go out to the site and even somehow managed to make my way to the staging area where all the Military brass and families were located. I was even given a Pin for the occasion by a Man in a White uniform quite decorated.

Having had so many experiences with ET life at that point in my life, it was at the time not seemingly an isolated experience to be front and center at the landing. It was however very very exciting and the thrill of being there is forever locked into my memories. The pin is what I most am curious to recall as it was lost or stolen long ago.

I do not think many landings happened in that location back in the early 80's and I do recall a huge line of spectators gathered along the roadways in the far distance to catch a glimpse of that part in history.

Can anyone help?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This has the information you are looking for I think.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

rogers dry lake bed most likely unless it landed on a concrete runway then u were at edwards afb. i saw it land on the dry lake bed in the 80's aswell. quite a sight when everyone left. looked like a scene out of independence day with rv's and a mix of vehicles flying through the desert willy nilly

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I mentioned in a post earlier about ST1. I saw it televised and what stuck in my mind and has implications today is the ST1 landed at Edwards runway 23, in 1981, but what was amazing was they said it was the first use (if you believe that, well) of a long range telephoto lens. It imaged the ST1 100 miles down range. It was a bit blurred but the shuttle was recognisable.
Now you have to speculate if they had that imaging technology then in 1981 how come the pictures from the Moon and Mars orbiters are so sh****.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I saw a shuttle night launch once at 4 am. I was 5 miles away and still I felt the heat coming off the engines!

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As far as a specific date, it's hard to say with the details (or lack of) that you have provided.

In any event, here is a listing from NASA of all of the shuttle landings at Edwards--there are 25 landings that occurred in the 80s.

I went to see a landing in the '80s as well, probably the very late 80s, and it was pretty cool. My dad's friend had a small motor home that we drove out there from Bakersfield, CA. It was a good memory, but the specifics have long faded away.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Took me a long time to go through all of those on the Edwards list, clicking back and forth so the whole "date" thing is really difficult for me and I do not think it is listed from what I tried to find. Ty, don't give up on my query, please...

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

For sure it was not late 80's. Ty

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Ok so your post is seemingly it if not close. The atmosphere was of success and joy for the perfect mission/technology. I tried to look for the mission pin for the commemoration. It was an official one. The ones I see online are not it. Can you help me? I am sure it was gold with a picture of the ship.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Well there was a main road to the exit back into civilization, it was quite the wait getting out once on that main road. I was with my boyfriend who had been invited to the event and the area I mentioned in the OP, on our way out on that gridlocked roadway, a car ahead of us pulled over to the side where a man flopped out of a vehicle and began bleeding from the mouth.

Unfortunately losing our place in the car parade, yet most fortunate for the stumbling almost unconscious man, my bf quickly accessed his situation, quickly gave him Heimlich and a mouth scoop and jumped back into the car and squeezing slowly back into traffic told me that he had in a drunken state swallowed his partial plate...

It was as you say a spectacle and yes reminded me of the Rv scene from Independence day... we were not out in the dry deserted area as many but yeah, it was memorable.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I saw a shuttle night launch once at 4 am. I was 5 miles away and still I felt the heat coming off the engines!

Wouldn't that be a morning launch?

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It is so exciting for some people, myself included, this is one of the reasons I have always said the first real disclosure will have to be of what we already have. To me, that is the only way to slowly break people into the idea of advanced technologies without fear mongering or false flags to get us there. I will be honest, for whatever reason they have never bothered hiding the latest technologies from me and in fact, have granted me some of the most extraordinary sightings imaginable. The ET sightings and connections have never thrilled or excited me as much as what we here on Earth already have and continue to perfect and advance.

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes that is an early morning launch, what I was asking about was a landing.

new topics

top topics

join