It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and Time Travel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well if you think about it, if there is an afterlife which I am certain there is then it has to be remembered that if they are sentient and I believe they are then if there is a civilization here that those same entity's would be visiting it may not actually be us but our higher dimensional - spirit civilization which would arguably also be extremely far in advance of us as far as science is concerned, Einstein for example and of course all the other great thinkers would not be bound by time in there science pursuits.

That' s a nice way to put it.

I never considered the afterlife to be civilized, and your right they have to have a civilisation of some description. At least a postmortem civilisation one might say.

But it is the origin of humanity they keep as the big secret.

(snip) . . . . indeed our own spirit's may be far more alien to us than ET's from half way across the physical universe.

. . . . or birds of a feather.

They are not nice people.

Many have been dead so long they have forgotten what it is like to be alive.

edit on 24-12-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: clarity

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sorry to bump this thread but I just picked up a copy of Abduction by the late John E. Mack from an old book store and it's quite revealing imo. The chapter about Ed is particularly disturbing, he claims to have been abducted and lost his virginity to an alien lady, causing him to become obsessed with women that looked like her. Then when Mack used hypnotic regression to help him recall the event he realized none of that really happened and they used a machine to extract his sperm... geez if these beings are humans from the future they need to seriously consider the morality of what they are doing.

We must also ask ourselves why these aliens are typically depicted as humanoid beings and why abductees often report experiencing a sperm/egg extraction procedure, and why on Earth would they possibly need our sperm/eggs unless they were somehow compatible with our species. It seems very unlikely an alien species from far away would evolve to have two hands, two feet, and a head, and be compatible with our species in any way what so ever.

she explained that they needed his sperm for "their needs ... to create special babies" and "for work we're doing to help the people on your planet."

~ Abduction, pages 59-60

After they finished extracting his sperm Ed was told how crappy humans are and how we need to quickly change our ways or risk extinction. We must also ask ourselves why nearly all abductees report having a similar message conveyed to them... why would an aliens species care so much about what we do on Earth unless it has some direct impact on their own well being. If they live on a future Earth then our actions now will affect them greatly.

Here is a very interesting little excerpt from the chapter about Ed:

Ed was told of the "heavily destructive" path we were taking, which was also destructive to the "humanoid's planet".

~ Abduction, page 54

Now why would our destructive actions on Earth also cause destruction to the humanoids planet? This seems like a rather strange statement doesn't it? Mack doesn't seem to recognize the significance of it and just skips over it. But when you read through this book keeping this time-travel theory in mind you see things in a whole new light... and I'm not sure I like the implications.

The forced taking of sperm for some sort of poorly understood inter-species breeding program is characteristic of male abductions. Information about ecological disaster with powerful apocalyptic imagery is also commonly transmitted by the aliens to human subjects.

~ Abduction, pages 66

edit on 6/2/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As I read this book it's becoming quite apparent that Mack was far too easily swayed by metaphysical arguments and often that prevented him from making grounded scientific conclusions because he had a desire to find some greater spiritual meaning in all of this. However I find his analysis on page 67 to be quite realistic and admitting to the uncomfortable truths:

A final word needs to be said about the use of hypnosis in Ed's case. Before my first meeting with him, Ed had recalled a great deal about his teenage abduction. But his conscious memory before the regression tended to simplify the experience and, more significantly, to gloss the narrative in ways that were more syntonic with the self-image and desires of a young adolescent than what he recalled painfully during the hypnosis session would be. Many embarrassing details relating to powerlessness and loss of control were not available to him except under hypnosis. In particular, the happy outcome of pleasurable sexual intercourse with the cooperative, sexually active, female alien gave way to the forced, quite humiliating, taking of a sperm sample as the being watched approvingly. This second scenario, which is obviously more disturbing, is far more typical of male abduction experiences and, therefore more believable.

All this suggests that, at least in Ed's case, the information recalled painstakingly under hypnosis is more reliable than the consciously recalled story, which seems to have been unconsciously adjusted to be compatible with Ed's wishes and self-esteem.

Abduction, page 67

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
OMG... on page 121 the abductors outright admit where they are from:

In the months prior to our first hypnosis session on August 11, 1992, Jerry continued to have abduction experiences, including one episode just three weeks before, in which she consciously recalled seeing a UFO close-up and being taken by humanoid beings---whose attitude she felt was loving and benevolent---into the ship. There she saw shelves with instruments and vials, was seated on a chair or table, and had a complex dialog with aliens she felt were "beyond what we would think is intelligent or even genius." One of them explained that they came from so "far into the future" that she would not be able to comprehend.

~ Abduction, page 120-121

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
If this is true, then how come Hitler?

Oh, horrible things happen in timelines where Hitler is assassinated. Rommel assumes command and bargains a truce with the Russians, so Germany never invades there. This gives the Nazis time and resources to develop their "wonder weapons," drop an atomic bomb on London, and pretty force the US into a stalemate.

posted on Feb, 7 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Actually, die visible light discharges are simply die other side of a wormhole used to look, usually by historians for die American Empire or other nations mostly. Sometime outsiders. You do not support physical travel.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

wow, lol! ty.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Germany was some way into those disc UFO craft but America took it back home after the war. Germany intended to use it as anti air support that would stay airborne.

I'm fairly convinced myself that interplanetary flight is possible though, and we've had part of the technology for a long time. The last time we used it, it ended up in flames and never built again. I think once we've learnt to harness Hydrogen energy to it's full potential it won't take long at all to build something resistant also to the vacuum of space.

I don't buy into Time Machines. I have my own Tardis sitting on my driveway though. It has a petrol engine and is incapable of flight. It travel forwards in time theoretically. If something could travel back in time we would have seen it.

any civilization in the universe that can create a vehicle of any kind would look humanoid in appearance. UFO's were definitely not built here.

edit on 16-11-2018 by SpaghettiHero because: mistake

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As I've said before, time travel would certainly help explain why the real "truth" behind UFOs has never been discovered -- that we know of. If there's a mishap or loss of a ship or some other happenstance that leads to the world finding out about UFOs, then all they have to do is go back a little further in time and make sure it never happens. That's what makes time travel movies so dumb. There's always a do-over.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Time travel might be thr simplest answer, even if it that far fetched from being a reality. Thing is, how freely and frequently can they come back, and what sort repcussions or karma could there be if any. Maybe an ancient war machine ensuring it construction through high strangeness, along with the human race.

I do like to reckon that soms of these things are quantum in nature and could hop through time, that they could see time simantanlously which could be why they are so good at hiding and showing up before events or disasters, let alone even show erratically show later. Like the ufo battle a century or two before the great wars.
edit on 17-11-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

John Titor once theorized that UFOs might be advanced time machines.

and that's why so many of the ufos we see in our skies look totally different to each other as they are coming back from a multitude of different time periods. It must be great fun coming back and watching things in the past. Historical holidays if you want one, hey I would choose one rather than a poolside rest in Majorca. Sounds great fun

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Interesting

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah, it's entirely possible. The why they interact is as if they don't want to change anything. That's highly suspect.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

This quote was meant as an example of how many ways in people can entrap themselves in mental constructs, patterns, and other dead structures that they then follow blindly, like a robot its programming - it's like people love programming themselves instead of being free and flowing in the moment without such self-imposed limitations.

A martial art that's based on a formula or pattern will never be able to adapt to a broken rhythm, and people practicing such dead pattern will always lose to someone that can. Bruce was certainly someone that could adapt to pretty much anything in unarmed combat, so he knew what he was talking about.

I just hate people quoting him outside of context, hence this clarification. He was usually mostly talking about this kind of mental traps in the context of being a more efficient martial artist through honest self-expression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join