It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amtrak Derails Near Seattle Onto the I-5 Freeway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

An Amtrak passenger train derailed onto the I-5 freeway outside of Seattle, the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) confirmed Monday.

"All lanes of southbound I-5 at Mounts Road closed," the department said in a tweet.

Photojournalist Terry Griffin for Seattle's KIRO 7 said in a tweet that first responders are "treating this as a mass casualty incident."

Amtrak Derails Near Seattle Onto the I-5 Freeway

Just heard this as I'm sitting on the Sounder train going northbound from Auburn into Seattle.

This was just reported a half hour ago. Waiting for more details. Feel free to please add any info as I'm on the move, and I'll try to update the OP every so often myself.

Pics in the article.

edit on 12/18/2017 by 3n19m470 because: Added "This just happened...", et. al.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Ouch...

80 mph, during rush hour, train cars tumbled off the over pass onto a crowded freeway...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Already a thread, and the article I read was old.
edit on 18-12-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

here is the link to the main thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just saw a program interruption for a breaking news press briefing update on kiro7 i believe. 3 confirmed fatalities, approximately 100 people transported to hospitals, and they say all railcars have been searched. And there were a lot of questions asked by reporters that they, the fire chief and another guy, did not know the answer to, such as where the fatalities occurred, where the bodies currently are, if everyone has been accounted for, how fast it was going, etc.

And i couldn't hear anyone asking about the cause or if it could be terror related.

The fact it derailed right onto i5 and also during the first trip of a new early route, a newsworthy event as there was a reporter on the train documenting this trip's first voyage, who got off at the stop before the derailment, seems at least a little suspicious to me, like someone wanted to sabotage this Amtrak train.
edit on 12/18/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Already a thread, and the article I read was old.

Interesting, how old was the article you read?

Yes I would definitely recommend for everyone, looking at xuenchen's thread, he is a terrific poster, and I will be over to see it myself as soon as I get a chance

And a special thank you to research100 for the link to the main thread

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ouch...

80 mph, during rush hour, train cars tumbled off the over pass onto a crowded freeway...

yes I almost forgot to add in the update they said 13 total cars were a derailed and when they showed the helicopter view they were scattered like a childs toy train set.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Interesting, i just saw a guy on FOX NEWS say that they "Haven't been able to search all the cars yet, so there may still be bodies in some of them". Doesn't that mean there could also be survivors who are unconscious or in shock or unable to move or shout due to a punctured lung and broken spine?

Strange how the update i heard earlier had a guy saying all cars have been searched. The guy on FOX news made his statement in response to a comment about the rumoured higher body counts going around.
The official body count as of this posting is 3 afaik.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Text Blue Back in 1997 I flew from Michigan to Washington State for a small vacation, after a few days I decided to jump on Amtrak to Portland Oregon and that very bridge you have seen where the train went off was another incident that day i was on it in 1997.
Supposedly someone had dismantled one of the rails and tossed into the highway below, someone on the highway thought it was the bridge collapsing and called the fire department, so the train I was on was called and told to stop before the bridge as it may be collapsing. Now the train itself is out of date and at times rattles and annoying but to stop and be anchored for 6 hours while people look for the problem, now I am thinking why you looking under the bridge to see where the rail fell off when rails are not under the bridge?
So agitated i came up to the bridge and simply told the train conductor why are they looking for a rail under the bridge, he looks at me and said good question, and he already confirmed the rail was not from the tracks after all but a steel beam that someone years earlier forgot to remove and was just sitting on 2 support beams, Wow i am shock with all the years of vibrations of the train going over the bridge it stayed still, just imagine it fell during heavy traffic. How could someone forget a large steel beam? you would think a safety inspector would check before open the bridge? Anyhow the biggest question was who told the conductor there was a rail out before the bridge when it was not. I know its not massive as this accident but I just wanted share my situation at that same bridge. The media was so stupid they were assuming there was a train on the run without the driver without asking what had happen first. What he should of reported who forgot the steel beam, who was the idiot safety inspector over looking it and who claimed a rail was off the tracks when it was not and who is responsible for making many folks missing their portland flights and events. Crazy world.. As for this story I ask why in the hell was the train speeding in the first place? was the drivers name a Muslim guy? no train ever speeds over a bridge, something fishy about this story.. maybe another False Flag event to keep us putting politicins in prison... not sure, they say deaths but none seen yet or names and no media allowed near the incident. something stinks like the Atlanta airport . Maybe the train guy fell asleep...scary thought, My prayer for the victims if any....If not shame on Hollywood again.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

What an ill fated disaster; location, timing , worst case for those poor people occurring during just another ride to work.

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MatrixXFiles

Thank you for sharing that, it seems significant to me!

Something fishy is going on with this bridge!

Do you remember the time of year or maybe even the date? Because that precursor event occurred (exactly?) 20 years before the disaster.

top topics

join