It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A game you should all play

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
just try it. don't focus on the gameplay, focus on the story and the staggering amount of dialogue/monologue, full of references to our current, almost orwellian (almost? after playing it, you won't be so sure anymore) world. obama, google, snowden, it's all there.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Nice clip. So good I decided to get it for my droid

Thanks for the heads up and, in return, try reading the Traveller, by john 12 hawks. Great book you should like if you love this.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
If you want a real mind# go get the first Deus Ex. It starts with a terrorist attack on NYC forcing creation of a patriotic act giving power to a US-led international force called UNATCO. They release an artificial disease for depopulation and only give the antidote to the elite, who are consolidating wealth in the hands of the few and creating nano-technology to make themselves gods.

It was made in 2000.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

It'd help people to put the name of it.

Okay, with it (REPUBLIQUE) then people can search Youtube for:
|REPUBLIQUE GAME MOVIE|
and watch the whole movie:

edit on 13-12-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
I loved that game!!!

Would buy Republique only if it is on a sale for 5 or 10 Euro for a package with the DLC, after reading some well written negative reviews on Steam, like those from elikos1 and squidwalk for example. Crashes, running like a potatoe on good rigs with graphics that re...let´s say... at the limits of ok for such a price and the fact that it is 2017, not 2007. It seems that is even not playable till the end because of crashes. And for sure a bad(or non-existant) customer support as reported by customers... the usual stuff with expensive games nowadays.

The idea is good, but as it seems the implementation not. Sadly it´s nothing new in the gaming industry nowadays. The golden times of the gaming industry(for the players, not the greedy industry) are over, now even that is ruled by greed.

But it is a good idea to play Deus Ex once again, with the old games you know that they work, what you have and that you can play it without feeling like being fooled, once again. And it´s not looking much worse than Republique, remembering that Deus Ex is from 2000 and Republique from 2012-2017.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

just finished the remaster on a PC. integrated graphics, most settings on high, 1280x720, worked fine. had maybe two choppy locations, nothing gamebreaking. no crashes at all. don't believe in everything you read on the internet.

also, a lot of negative reviews are caused by the fact that this game requires some effort. some thinking to understand it all. and digging, digging and more digging - finding collectibles and playing back audio from them, checking the phone recordings and emails, and so on. people who will try to finish it in shortest possible time, won't see even 10% of it all, and won't understand one bit. took me almost 17h to finish the game, and you know what's my overall completion rate? 65% - which means i've missed more or less 1/3 of the content. compare that with reviewers claiming they've finished the game in 10h.

if someone's looking for a brainless "click click" stealth adventure game - look elsewhere. this game doesn't serve everything on a silver platter - quite the opposite, you have to earn it, you have to look for it, you have to want it. and when you'll finally get another piece, and another, you'll have to use your brain and process it.

and that's expecting far too much from most people, so don't expect all the reviews to be good.

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
If you want a real mind# go get the first Deus Ex. It starts with a terrorist attack on NYC forcing creation of a patriotic act giving power to a US-led international force called UNATCO. They release an artificial disease for depopulation and only give the antidote to the elite, who are consolidating wealth in the hands of the few and creating nano-technology to make themselves gods.

It was made in 2000.

lets not forget missing WTC (they've claimed it was because of a memory limitation, but ffs, it was a simple texture).

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Deus Ex: human revolution was extremely cool! What about online games? Is there any MMO with a similar plot?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The graphics in the game are very important to me, but the practice behind the bad graphics can hide an incredibly interesting story. so I will definitely try!

top topics

join