It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World at 'pivot point,' needs to embrace openness free trade, PM says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It must be some kind of wonderful to wander through life in a kind of hippy kumbaya haze, making wonderful-sounding proclamations that within your own head boost your self-image (as such a loving, progressive, fair-minded person), with absolutely no idea that to those listening to you...you sound like a completely idealistic, naive and solf-important knob - and one who can be taken advantage of with little effort or fear of retribution.

Justin Trudeau, you are a middle-aged feminist flower child who has no business being the leader of a G8 Country...let alone leaving your Ottawa safe-spaces, to go on the world stage to (think you should) lecture to international political and business leaders.

The world is at a "pivot point" and will fail unless countries embrace free trade and elevate their citizens who have been left behind by globalization, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Wednesday.

Trudeau delivered that dire, anti-protectionist message to a high-powered business audience at a major international conference in this bustling southern Chinese city of Guangzhou.

Trudeau came to the Fortune Global Forum, a Davos-style gathering of the world's business elite, to sell Canada as a good place for foreign investment, but he went off script and delivered a stern warning about the dangers of allowing protectionism and inequality to flourish.

Apparently Justin thinks that he is going to be able to set the rules for trade talks with China, whereby Canada will be able to dictate to Beijing what China needs to be doing internally both culturally and economically.

The prime minister made it clear he wants Canada to move forward with the trade talks with China but said there needs to be an agreed framework that includes progressive elements such as gender, labour rights and the environment.

News flash Mr. Trudeau, if you think that Xi is going to buy into your ideas like "the Federal Government's Cabinet must be 50% female, regardless of relative experience and qualifications" (because it is 2017...), or that Trade Unions will be allowed to form and go on strike against State Owned Enterprises...just so that China can ship to Canada (which it already does in massive quantities), and for the right to give Canada free access to the Chinese market - you truly are in dreamland.

In his speech, he singled out China as a kindred economic spirit, saying it is "well aligned" with Canada to fight for liberalized trade.

Are you trying to kid us Mr. Prime Minister...or only kidding yourself? A Communist state (that recently allowed its leader to consolidate his power in a way not seen since Mao), that crushes dissent, wants to turn back the clock on internet access and censorship, that forces foreign companies to remove products and services that will compete with Chinese companies (or would go counter to their communistic controls), that actively engages in corporate espionage and has zero respect for the intellectual property of non-Chinese entities, is a "kindred economic spirit who wants to "fight for liberalized trade"?

Why is it then that...

Trudeau's meetings in Beijing with China's top leadership failed to move Canada-China free trade talks forward from a long round of exploratory talks to the start of formal negotiations.

World at Pivot Point

Hurry on back to Canada Justin, to concentrate on the things that seem to be much more in your wheelhouse. Things like rushing to legalize pot across the country, paying out millions of taxpayer's dollars to convicted terrorists and other Islamist sympathizers, publically apologizing for all manner of past misdeeds of Canada (during very different times)...lessons learned from Obama it seems...etc.

I have just one humble request to make of President Trump (because I know he always reads my posts on ATS, ha ha). Please don't punish all of Canada because Trudeau has ignored your offer to do a bilateral trade deal with the US (to replace NAFTA)...which would basically leave Mexico to fend for itself (after them having helped to destroy the manufacturing base of both Canada and the US). Please ignore Trudeau's bizarre antics in front of the Mexican Senate in October - which I expect you took as a personal rebuff (though Trudeau also lectured the Mexicans about gender issues).

Even though, Mr. President, you are embarking on an America-first track and you should always put American interests ahead of all other considerations...please have a little mercy on Canada, and Canadians, during this time of weakness and inanity in Ottawa. Canadian voters voted for what they thought would be a younger version of the political tour de force that was Justin's father (who delivered Canada's Constitution), and should be forgiven for not really understanding that they were actually electing a young high school math/french teacher, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and who has never run anything larger than a household...and thinks that hugs and smiles will overcome evil and ill intent.

Trade deals, and other such, take years to negotiate, and decades to unravel if unfavourable...so please Donald, do not completely disadvantage an entire generation of Canadians just because it will be easy to get the win over the limp leader to the North...
edit on 6-12-2017 by mobiusmale because: link

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Stop making sense....

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In an ever increasing world of insanity, your OP is refreshing S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

You could have said it in just one nasty slur of a word:

"LIBERAL"

These sort are the modern day version of those lot who wore wigs and powdered their nose oh so gently while slaughtering, extorting and colonizing.

This is true: In Britain the LIBERAL party was once very strong and they were actually called "THE WIGS". Any British person will witness me on that.

This:

Not so far from this:

and we all know what happened to THAT:

Sorry, but I find Liberals to be so smarmy, dictatorial and hypocritical. They are dishonest. At least Trump is honest about who he is and what he represents.

edit on 6-12-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm currently cooking dinner for my son so I can't really check into this but please tell me this:

if you think that Xi is going to buy into your ideas like "the Federal Government's Cabinet must be 50% female, regardless of relative experience and qualifications" (because it is 2017...), or that Trade Unions will be allowed to form and go on strike against State Owned Enterprises...just so that China can ship to Canada (which it already does in massive quantities), and for the right to give Canada free access to the Chinese market"

Is you making a joke.

Please tell me he didn't actually stand in front of a room full of Chinese businessmen and say any of that....

If so, I feel embarrassed for you...

(It's ok, you can feel embarrassed for us too, having Theresa May as prime minister)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Trudeau better come to LA and other parts of the US such as the heartland and see what free trade did to the country.

In fact, part of the reason why the 1992 LA Riots happened was because they shut down a lot of factories there and laid off many workers due to the rise of neoliberalism.

I dare Trudeau to say that free trade is the way to go on their faces.
edit on 12/6/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Poor Justin just trying to do some sucking up to who ever might help bail out his predicament .He can't go to Russia because of the bridges that were burnt .Trump may not be the smartest guy in the world but he knows a fool when he see's one .Justin is only the PM because Canadians loathed Stephen . Sad to say this but the Conservatives will probably get the nod from voters in the next election without ever addressing the issues that got them tossed the last time .

I wish Canada would get rid of political parties and demand politicians do their job .

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

In the minds of people like Trudeau, workers displaced by so-called "Free Trade", are of absolutely no importance. Whole industries have been eviscerated by Free Trade, factories shuttered, employees layed off, billions in Capital deconstruction. None of that matters to folks like Trudeau who've never had to work a real job in their entire lives.

The truth of it all is that Trudeau endlessly plays to his pseudo-intellectual Canadian elites that have embraced the "Free Trade" One world Government, open borders or borderless nations altogether, agenda. I think most rational people know how this will turn out. But sadly, there seems little that can be done to fix the problem.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The world is at a "pivot point" and will fail unless countries embrace free trade and elevate their citizens who have been left behind by globalization, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Wednesday.

Couldn't one contend that the reason those citizens are "left behind" is precisely the policies of Globalism and free but not fair trade? Their jobs went overseas because of policy made by governments in support of globalism.

And people believe this tripe.......

new topics

top topics

join