It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Jesse Jackson's turn in the sexual harassment hotseat.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I look at these situations and say, "Is there a pattern here?"

We have one person claiming something. Is there more?

In the situation presented above I don't think it was a molestation. Borderline sexual harassment? Probably. You shouldn't be putting your hands on people unless they are ok with it.

But let's see if anyone else comes out to say something.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Honestly, Jesse Jackson has always struck me as the type of guy who'd do something like this. He basically awarded himself the title of Reverend, after dropping out of a theology school in Chicago.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

the living legend, the Rev. Jesse Jackson

Now my coffee is all over my table from it coming out my nose.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think we're at the point that if someone was legitimately named Grabby McBooby-Grabberson and filmed themselves grabbing titties, NOBODY WOULD CARE. We hit critical mass a few accused folks ago, hello apathy.

I really wish instead of making a media spectacle out of accusing people, these women would, oh, I don't know....what do smart folks with legit claims do again? Oh yes, lawyer up & prove it. In court. But nawp, let's go media whoring instead. Because THAT doesn't dilute any of these claims at all.

Pardon me while I make an obscene gesture relating to genitals, I'll care where it's a concerted effort in the legal venues, not on TV.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Jesse has been accused of homophobic slurs and I believed he settled a lawsuit in this case, where the plaintiff also complained of being made to clean up after Jackson's sexual trysts.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Jesse has been accused of homophobic slurs and I believed he settled a lawsuit in this case, where the plaintiff also complained of being made to clean up after Jackson's sexual trysts.

Yeah, Jackson is kinda like Bill Clinton in that he has a long history of sexual impropriety. So it's really very believable that he might do this.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Grabby McBooby-Grabberson

That used to be my name, but I had to have it changed because it didn't fit nicely on my business cards.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Jackson was a womanizer (can I still use that term as it sounds demeaning as if women have less power than men?). At any rate one of his ladies did not feel so abused even though he was very much married at the time.

I still retain an old LP phonograph of that lady, Roberta Flack. At the record's release, it was somewhat of a mystery of the identity of the lover she sang about. The song was entitled "Jessie." It later became widely known that she was referring to Jesse Jackson.
edit on 6-12-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Holy crap, he grabbed a woman's thigh!!!

Sure, it's not at all a gentleman thing to do, and it certainly is very disrespectful, especially in a work context, but let's put things into proper perspective and proportions here.

Trigger warning!!! I have no doubt that Jesse Jackson has been confronted with women of the type that actually welcomed such behaviour from him. She may have appeared that type to him, and he read her wrong during a weak moment. A very embarrassing mistake, but hardly the kind of "crime" to justify his whole life being flushed down the drain by media exposure over it, no? Tons of long-term loving relationships were started by confident men walking up to a woman and flat-out kissing her on the mouth, and vice versa.

Years ago, I had a woman sitting next to me in a pub put her tongue in my ear, and I hadn't even given her the slightest bit of attention. It has never crossed my mind that this woman deserved to be brutally punished for that. Some people are just very sexual and impulsive. Should I go on Facebook now and tell the whole world about what she did years ago? If I did, it would say more about me than about her.

People really need to get a grip. This all started with the Harvey Weinstein scandal, which in no way compares with what Jesse Jackson is being accused of here.

The woman in this story starts out by saying that Jackson "scanned her entire body", as if that is a crime in and of itself... OMG!!! Guess what lady, that's what men (and dare I say women!) do. Granted, usually less conspicuously, but if that is offensive to you, you should forever wear a cardboard box when you leave your house.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yes, it is. As it should be.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The irony of it is, most likely, lost on him.

He is most assuredly a "do as I say, not as I do." sort.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Al Sharpton should be next.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
While yes we should wait for something resembling evidence and or a conviction before we tar and feather the guy... BUT... this particular guy if it is proved to be true, this would be a perfect example of I am shocked... shocked I say... wait no that's not shock that's gas.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

I dunno. As much as I can't stand Sharpton's bigotry, he's always struck me as more sincere than Jackson, who is clearly a politician above all else.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The Reverend Jesse Jackson also fathered a child out of wedlock back in the 1990's I believe. You are right. He is a known womanizer. Last week here in the Chicago media, he divulged that he has Parkinson's disease.

His son, Congressman Jesse Jackson jr., was just released from jail earlier this year after serving a term for going on shopping sprees and some other things, with campaign funds.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: ADSE255

I dunno. As much as I can't stand Sharpton's bigotry, he's always struck me as more sincere than Jackson, who is clearly a politician above all else.

Most politicans are scum. But something like this. The guy has it coming to him. I mean, really he's like the wedge of all wedgies. His division between people is well known.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
When all the attacking started a year or so ago I told a friend that they better be careful of what they start! And here we go!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join