It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Move to the UK from the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lawman27

I agree, Yorkshire has some of the best food and pub's in the country as well as some beautiful scenery, Yorkshire folk are also extremely proud of there county which always say's something good about an area.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead
Why are so Americans so pissed that she and her family want to leave?

As an American who doesn't understand that vitriol either, I have to go with the prevailing notion that in the US, you're expected to ooze nationalism, period. You're also expected to be damn grateful for the opportunity to prostrate & grovel at the feet of Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, the Founding Fathers, and everyone & everything else in between regardless of how awesome or not awesome the US really is.

It's a painfully myopic point of view. No wonder nobody likes us, we're shallow (among other things)

Or.. maybe people are just saying that Americans should appreciate what they have instead of complaining? There are many people on this earth starving or dying from disease and are poor as dirt, yet Americans sit in their giant houses, drive their expensive cars and b*tch and moan about how america sucks and blah blah blah.

It gets old. I come from nothing pretty much, and I'm creating a life with my own hands.. if I weren't in America I wouldn't even be able to have this opportunity.

TLDR: I think people just get tired of hearing about first world problems.

Salty much?
To be blunt, I really don't give a rat's ass what you or any nationalism pusher thinks about Required Default Appreciation. Who died and made any of you be all, end all of where one feels at home living in? If someone wants to move elsewhere and has the means to do so, so be it.

What part of your own lives is so detrimentally ruined by them doing so in the first place? If you can't come up with a good "it impacts me personally because -- " reason, then maybe trying appreciating that they're not financially stuck in/bound to one spot on the planet like so many of the rest of us are. Is that particular kind of appreciation too much to ask for? The OP has the freedom to up & move around the globe with many animals to boot, that's more than I can do. Probably far more than you can do, too. I can certainly appreciate that advantage.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Gee, you're sensitive. Traveled the world-eaten alot of unusual food. Liked some; didn't like some. Something tells me you are a snowflake sensitive food snob-and probably British. How wonderful for you.
edit on 8-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I would suggest South east (most sunshine) or South west (more rural), loads of space but lovely little welcoming towns and villages

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Australia - but I am biased. Having been to the States I see why there is much patriotism. I don't know how people survive with the health system. As Bassplyr said even Queensland is good or even as others have suggested you look at New Zealand.
We have been to Europe 5 times in the last 7 years. I would shift to a Greek Island tomorrow if our boys weren't so settled in Australia.
Just the standard of Hospitals in Greece leave a lot to be desired.

You have made your decision to move. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

In a nutshell USA food is bland. So maybe they know what they're talking about, or the food portions were too small for you?

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Come to England again and test your assinie assumptions, because your manner tells me you are nothing but an ignorant, loud mouth, small stoned, American.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join