It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My moon halo pic from last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I had to go out to my truck at right about midnight last night and looked up, and saw this huge moon halo.

I took these pics with an iPhone 7 and they aren't impressive but I'll post anyway, and ask if anyone else has their own moon halo pics that might be of better quality?

The second pic obviously shows a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) - see the streak to the right of the moon. I mean its probably a bug but still, its unidentifiable at this point, so it qualifies. Lol

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like a contrail.

I did not know the moon had an orbiting death star, either. What filter were you using?

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The second pic was taken with HDR and flash on. It was actually the first pic I took and didnt like it so turned the flash off and that resulted in the top pic. (Im not camera-savvy and not confident that answers your question)

If it was a contrail, it would've showed up in the other pic as well. We have a lot of baby mosquitoes around our house due to a retention pond behind our house. If its not a shooting star, comet or alien craft, its a juvenile mosquito.

edit on 3935x6739America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Thats a fast baby mosquito.

I saw the full misty moon last night too, but no ring.

Rings reflect the atmosphere is loaded with moisture.

Thanks for sharing...

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Buckeye Moon... cold weather ahead when you see that.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22

Buckeye Moon... cold weather ahead when you see that.

Rings true.

Im in Austin and its 10 degrees cooler today than yesterday and tomorrow we'll see it another 10 degrees cooler than today.

edit on 1341x6713America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's due to ice crystals and water droplets suspended in the atmosphere:

22º halos often encircle the moon. More rarely, because the moon is relatively dim, it is possible to see moondogs and other halos. Colours are faint or non existent because their light is barely strong enough to excite the colour sensors of our eyes.

Atmospheric Optics

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Tonight as we watched the super moon rise from the horizon it was amazingly bright and reddish is hue. It was truely a joy to see.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I gotta get out to view it. I saw it early this morning, when it's not in all its glory, but it was still 'super'

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Nice Pic.

join