It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax cut myths debunked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well, looks like Trump and the Reps threw the country under the bus to get their 'Win'. Good for you all. Welcome to Trickle-down Economics 2.0. No doubt it will work just as great as the last one. Get ready for Recession 2.0. You guys own this. This is all on you.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Welcome to Trickle-down Economics 2.0. No doubt it will work just as great as the last one.

My God I hope so! I had a job and health insurance then.

Thank you for the well-wishes.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yea... I had a lot of stuff then too. That was v 1.0. That was back when the 1% 'only' had less than 3% of the Country's total wealth. Now it's north of 30%. And with the help of the tax bill it's ready to surge again. Yup, good times are here for sure --- if you're already wealthy.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Yea... I had a lot of stuff then too. That was v 1.0. That was back when the 1% 'only' had less than 3% of the Country's total wealth. Now it's north of 30%. And with the help of the tax bill it's ready to surge again. Yup, good times are here for sure --- if you're already wealthy.

Version 2.0 was the Obama years. Income inequality continued to increase.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

And that's why you want to go homeless and hungry? To punish someone else because they have more than you?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's a wonder Mnuchin didn't come on Fox with his promised analysis of tax "reform" . Oh wait, he's under investigation too. This is like watching a spy novel in real time.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

And that's why you want to go homeless and hungry? To punish someone else because they have more than you?

TheRedneck

WTF does that mean? Why I want to go homeless and hungry? What? Lots of people have more than me. No problem with that. I have more than lots of people. My problem is when the 'haves' maintain total control over the government and are able to continually push legislation that is self-serving and accrete wealth at in unprecedented rate. All the while saying 'we're looking our for you guys'. Serious income inequality is destabilizing for a society. The French aristocracy learned this the hard way. A few years out when everything goes south they'll just way, 'Woops, sorry. Our projections were off.' We'll be left with the mess and they'll have banked additional millions. But yea, too many people are way too stupid or willfully ignorant to really think for themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

WTF does that mean? Why I want to go homeless and hungry?

That seems to be your goal. Under Obama, I have watched my financial status go right down the drain. As it is right now, the only thing that is keeping me from being homeless is owning my family home. As for hungry... wait until there's no money to buy food. I've been there, and it ain't fun.

The easiest way to get there is to concentrate on who is getting more than you are. In this case, you are likely getting the bulk of the tax cuts, assuming you are middle class. The companies that produce jobs are getting tax cuts too, so they can keep producing jobs.

You know, jobs, right? That's how most people get money for a home and food. When you want to take their jobs away to punish someone for having more than you, you're taking away people's ability to have those basic needs. And you could easily be one of them that has those basic needs removed.

I don't give a rat's lace-lined rear end what Joe Blow at Company X makes. I care what I make. I care if I can buy food, pay the bills, and get gas for my car. I care if my neighbor is sitting in the dark because he couldn't make his power bill. I care that I have clean clothes to wear to work today.

You seem to worry a lot about the future,,, well, guess what? By then we'll have a new President, a new Congress, and new rules. My concern is now. My belly needs to eat now. My house needs painted now. My car needs a new part now. Your "what about later" be damned... I am more interested in getting to later.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Well, we'll just have to wait to see all those jobs being created, eh? And don't lecture me. You don't know me. I'm almost 66 and I've been through my share of deprivation. After the shellacking I took from the Bush administration and the banking collapse I was 2 days from losing my home after losing my business. Obama at least turned things around and after 3yrs of hell was able to land a $200k/yr job again. Not what I was earning through my own business but given the circumstances, no complaints. The ONLY thing Republicans care about is saving their party. They are on video saying as much. 'If we don't pass this tax bill the party is toast'. They don't care about you, jobs, the deficit, people's health, nothing. Their own asses and saving their party so they can continue to line their pockets. Period. Don't be dense. And you know what they say, you can slaughter the lamb once or you can shear it every year.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, we'll just have to wait to see all those jobs being created, eh?

I'm already seeing it, even without the tax cuts. It's still not enough after the recession stripped this area bare, but it's at least an improvement.

And don't lecture me. You don't know me.

Then don't act like an entitled 20-something.

After the shellacking I took from the Bush administration and the banking collapse I was 2 days from losing my home after losing my business.

Same here. I lost my business in '98.

I was recovering until Bush managed to tank the economy and Obama managed to make it worse. You seem to have been one of the lucky ones. Congratulations. Now please don't lobby to keep me from getting back up too.

The ONLY thing Republicans care about is saving their party. They are on video saying as much. 'If we don't pass this tax bill the party is toast'.

Like an employee saying "We better get this job done or we're toast."

They don't care about you, jobs, the deficit, people's health, nothing. Their own asses and saving their party so they can continue to line their pockets. Period.

Like the Democrats are any different?

Don't be dense.

I'm not. I read the bill and considered what was being passed. Have you? Or are you channeling politicians through NBC?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join