It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Low Pitch Hum: Tinnitus, Industry, or...?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Kentucky, maybe?

Coal mine is your best bet. Tunnels can easily go on for 20 miles plus. Production is ramping up thanks to Trump.

Not uncommon for the government to acquire old mines and repurpose as well. That's being done now in southwest Virginia at a former limestone mine. The space underground there can fit 20 Walmarts inside.

That being said, Kentucky and the tri-state area of KY-VA-TN is home to massive Deep State operations thanks to the cavernous nature of these mountains. The Cumberland Gap Tunnel Conspiracy and the missing Phipps Bend nuclear reactors are excellent examples of this.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Depending on the mine though they may not run 24 hours.

Where is the closest power station, we had to pay millions to our neighbours as our stacks were designed wrong and emitted an awfully low frequency noise, but these were Gas Powered Turbines.

Is it a coal mine, mostly Coal Fired Power Stations are built near mines, that perhaps with the rock / wind direction could funnel the noise.

Have you talked to any neighbors about it? I dont know about US law but if it was known and not disclosed then you should be at least alllowed to sue them for new triple glazed windows and insulation to cut out the noise, either them or the power station.

We had to buy up vast tracks of land at huge prices where the noise was at its worst (then rent them back cheap with ongoing payments) and reglaze many properties. We successfully sued the manufacturer and designer/builder (EPC) for the money to make it right. We however took the money and just installed more glazing in the area and kept the change!

Social responsibility at its finest.
edit on 1 12 2017 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieAtTheGap

I used to live a few miles from Arch Coal Mine in MO and you're right, underground sound can really travel with the right conditions but the thing is that people have reported hearing this practically everywhere in the world!

World Hum Map and Database Project

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieAtTheGap
Kentucky, maybe?

Coal mine is your best bet. Tunnels can easily go on for 20 miles plus. Production is ramping up thanks to Trump.

Not uncommon for the government to acquire old mines and repurpose as well. That's being done now in southwest Virginia at a former limestone mine. The space underground there can fit 20 Walmarts inside.

That being said, Kentucky and the tri-state area of KY-VA-TN is home to massive Deep State operations thanks to the cavernous nature of these mountains. The Cumberland Gap Tunnel Conspiracy and the missing Phipps Bend nuclear reactors are excellent examples of this.

I live in Montana but I almost moved to Kentucky once. I was offered an internship at a breeding barn for Tennessee Walking Horses years ago. I turned them down because it was a "Big Lick" type operation. I don't agree with how they "train" their horses for show, but I digress.

I didn't know that mines could go on for that long. Holy cow.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AstroNot
a reply to: CharlieAtTheGap

I used to live a few miles from Arch Coal Mine in MO and you're right, underground sound can really travel with the right conditions but the thing is that people have reported hearing this practically everywhere in the world!

World Hum Map and Database Project

Oh wow. My little town is on that map. Maybe someone else hears it too. Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have narrowed my tinnitus to low vitamin D. I lived with the industrial train sound for 8 years. Had blood work don and had low Vit D. With in 3 days of taking a supplement, it was gone! A couple weeks ago it came back. I pulled my old script out and low and behold its gone again! Best of luck everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join