It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on Stargate Atlantis Mythology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi, sorry this is my first post here but I just had to post this. I searched it on google and this is the forum I ended up.
Many People think there is not much of the mythology intact that made the SG-1 series so great. But in fact there is, just open your eyes! Tall slender pale peaple that suck lifeforce out of you? Doesn't that sound a bit like Vampires to you? And their base looked like a high tech vampire castle in castlevania...
It's all just another side of mythology, just have to see it.

Hope this gets a discussion started, or that you just agree either in discussion or silently

Cheers

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thats interesting.
That brings me to a question. If the wraith acquire sustenance thru the funny openings in their hands by sucking the life energy outa their victimes then how comes they need sharp teeth? If these beings are intelligent and highly evolved...then wouldnt evolution have taken care of the teeth problem? I dont see a single use for sharp teeth in their physiology.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They need the sharp teeth to look more menacing on screen.
They'd look a little silly if they were all gummy.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And to complete the look they make sure they dont floss either. Eww

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you would put it that way, and they would have been so far evolved, why bother giving them mouths at all? They only need those to speak, why not telepathically? The fact they do makes them more like the evil scheming guy that likes to toy with their enemies rather than the strange blob that look stupid and not even very strong.

Anyway, did anyone notice that guard wraith or something, that they captured, he looks a lot like Sephiroth... Maybe its just me...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Because you don't get to pick and choose what evolves. Unless they have some way to become telepathic, like a portion of your brain that had rudimentary transmission capability, then it would probably take millions of years to evolve the ability if you ever did at all. They had no reason to develop it, so they didn't. Besides, who would be scared of a mouthless telepathic alien. heh.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Besides, who would be scared of a mouthless telepathic alien. heh.

If they came to Earth in 36 GIGANTIC spaceships with hundreds of thousands of smaller fighters? I'd crap myself.

*EDIT* On the off chance that someone won't get this... think of Independence Day...

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Shaker]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They explained on there recently why they are that way.
Apparantly some weird bug type creatures that feed on people (one attacked Shepard in one episode) used to feed on the Humans in the Pegasus Galaxy and evolved into a sort of cross breed.

While the Wraith are young they feed as a normal human but when they come of age they cease to be able to satisfy their hunger with normal food and their now redundant digestive system and they have to feed using that thing on their hand.

I guess it's a bit like the remains of a tail that people have, and I'm sure given enough time and if they were actually real they would eventually lose their teeth and digestive system through evolution, but as they still use them in their early years they still need them.

And also what I said before about it making them look scarier too.

top topics

join