It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Santa Cruz College Republicans meeting disrupted by leftist protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: rickymouse

I thought Americans had the right to peaceful assembly. Shouldn't the police be arresting the people protesting a peaceful republican meeting? Something is wrong here, republicans should be protected from these crazy protestors. People having a peaceful democratic meeting should not have to worry about radical troublemakers disrupting them either.

We cannot turn into a kaotic lawless society, we will wind up just as bad as some of the third world countries.

They were arrested. It's in the article.

I thought it said only three were arrested.

There were three protesters.

Three protesters were arrested.

100% of protesters arrested.

Oh, that seemed to be a very small protest then. Sounds more like some jerks trying to stir things up.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Remember Mizzou?

Its enrollment is down over 30% since it's few protesters had their say. They had to shutter around 7 dorms this year for lack of incoming freshmen.

You could point the finger at racists, but the truth is that surveys taken by a group commissioned by the university found out that no one on campus feels good about the environment going forward.

This sort of thing does nothing to help any of the students and only creates a hostile campus environment.
edit on 20-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I thought Americans had the right to peaceful assembly. Shouldn't the police be arresting the people protesting a peaceful republican meeting? Something is wrong here, republicans should be protected from these crazy protestors. People having a peaceful democratic meeting should not have to worry about radical troublemakers disrupting them either.

We cannot turn into a kaotic lawless society, we will wind up just as bad as some of the third world countries.

They were arrested. It's in the article.

I thought it said only three were arrested.

There were three protesters.

Three protesters were arrested.

100% of protesters arrested.

Oh, that seemed to be a very small protest then. Sounds more like some jerks trying to stir things up.

Yes exactly. I also read one of them posted to a social media account with 22,000 followers the exact location of the meeting in hopes that more SJWs would show up to disrupt it.

<< 1   >>

join