It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Land of the Lost ---> Stargate Conspiracy Revealed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Okay, stay with me here...

You know Land of the Lost, the Sid & Marty Croft series from '74 to '79?

Rick Marshall, Will and Holly...on a routine expedition...yadda, yadda.

Got transported to this distant place with a Lost City...

Where they found this portal thing...

They worked with a funny crystal device...

To open portals to other places...

While trying to avoid being captured by the sleestaks...

Which they did with the help of the "good" sleestaks...

And their native friend Cha-Ka that joined the family.

How messed up is that?

It's just me isn't it? I'm so ashamed.

Come on, the Stargate SG-1 creators are obviously at least fans of LOTL if not outright hacks. Why else would they name the "first" that befriends Daniel Jackson Sha'Ka...

Sha'kaaaaaaaah...

Huh? Huh?

[edit on 10-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Man! I used to love that show. I always thought the intro with them water rafting was a bit corny, but the show was so cool. Basic plot. Holly goes on an adventure despite her dad's warnings. She gets trapped by a dinasour/sleestack/tree. Her dad and brother have to rescue her.

O look! A cute dinasour. I'll keep it for a pet

Dad! Holly's been captured by the sleestack

We don't have teeth or fingers, but for some reason we are scary

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I loved it too, but am I jumping the shark here seeing the inspiration for Stargate SG1? (The series not the movie).

The pylon (stargate), the crystal alter controls (DHD), the sleestack versus enik reptile things (go'uld versus to'kra), an off world "native" joins the quest (Teal'c)...

I just got to thinking about the Chaka episode of Stargate and how much the dialogue was even like the first LOTL when they met their own Chaka and had to teach him languange and to be "friend."

I dunno.

I was going to edit in my explanation better, and fix the picture links but [edit] powers gone after 2 hours.

No biggie. Just struck me last night this show was probably an inspiration and favorite of the SG1 guys as kids or something.

They do alot of intentional references like Wizard of Oz and MacGuyver... why not this?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised if they had some inspiration for their characters. I'm sure that a lot of the writers for the show grew up watching the Land of the Lost. In fact I was suprised that I could remember most of the lyrics from the theme song, just after seeing some of the pitures. I'm sure one of them decided to dredge up some lost characters and see if they could use them.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
do you remeber the series with that guy who used a tuning fork as his weapon of choice - he always looked like he was straining to take a dump when he used it... fantastic journey it was called io think?. This group of people went thru different time zones , by walking into an invisable forcefield thingy in the bushes..but could never go back once they went thru this invisable wall.. lol funny stuff indeed.

One asks tho - why dont they makem like this anymore????

top topics

join