It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why didn't everyone in texas just leave?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

To quote two words from your thread "No offense...," but I think you are naive.
In the first landfall alone, 12 million people lived in the impact area, and in Houston, well, I'll let you try to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Democrat Houston Mayor avoided calling for Houston's EVAC...even though the Republican Governor advised it.

Learn a new song.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sorry not magma. Molten boiling mud. Lahars

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Democrat Houston Mayor avoided calling for Houston's EVAC...even though the Republican Governor advised it.

Learn a new song.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sorry not magma. Molten boiling mud. Lahars

There's been no evidence of them reaching the city in the past 10,000 years, possible but extremely unlikely. I do agree with the source, any lahars would probably stop around Kent. The "impending" Cascadia quake would bring the damage over the volcano, if they(eq and volcano/s) were to happen separately or even at the same time.
edit on 29-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A quick list of reasons affecting people i've known:

- no money as it came right at the end of the month when the poorest people have zilch
- no notice. 44 hours before it hit it was still considered a tropical storm or had just moved to Cat 1.
- no notice of direction. it kept changing every couple of hours, so folks didn't know if it would be near them till the very end
- gas pumps ran dry very quickly as people, once they knew the issue was critical, made mad rushes to the stores to stock up and head out. There were instances of cases of water being marked up to $100.
- hotel rooms were not vacant for a couple hundred miles. Many hotels have been made to reimburse guests due to price gouging. Im certain the folks in point 1 above would have never been able to make it this far, but if they did they would be screwed once Motel 6 hit 300/night

Im sure i could come up with a few more. But those are the main ones.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Within 30 mins you'd have millions stopped on roads, no gas, no food within hours. Imagine your place at a complete stop... with thousands stuck.. Out of their vehicles.. walking to no gas, food, with 10's of thousands everywhere.

MS
FEMA 1St Responder
Adv. Disaster Life Support

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yellowstone is a supervolcano which is active.

Have you left the States yet?

The sun is going to go supernova in a few billion years, better get packing.

The sun cannot go supernova . Wrong type with the wrong ingredients .
It will, in a few billion years , become a red giant. Somewhat of the same effect on the Earth though .

We've actually only got 1 billion years. Then the Sun will get a bit hotter, our oceans will evaporate into a hot humid atmosphere before being ionized.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
They should do what the Dutch are doing - building floating subdivisons and homes using giant hollow concrete blocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join