It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola: The CIA-Cocaine-Bush Connection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

so coc aine and coke wouldn't exist without bush

radagast...where in any of the posts on this thread did it say this? It just implies that Georgie found an interesting use for the by-product produced by his friends at Coca-Cola....It didn't say he was the inventor of coc aine (although I think Barbara Bush did invent crack)...did you just wake up or something? As was recently posted, coc aine has been around since the 1600's.....

There has been knowledge for many years that George Bush and the CIA have been involved in drug running for a long time. This is not new news...this is very old news.....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Anyone that wants that PP presentation can U2U me. As for all the speculation, nobody knows, since we don't have tests to show what exactly was in those bottles back then. Comparing today's coke with yesterdays is not sound. But know that pharmaceutical was "perfected" and available around that time. And "byproduct". HA! Anybody that knows anything about deriving coc aine from the Coca leaf knows that "byproduct" is jargon: you have to intentionally extract coc aine from the Coca leaf, as it takes a series chemical steps, albeit small, to convert it. With pharmy grade, you don't have the Coca leaf to start, which in the end, ends up taking about 30-35 chemical processes to reach pure coc aine, mixing this with that, etc. Just think of it this way, do you think if you just ground up a Coca leaf that you would have this nice, white powder? The answer is no.

There is more to the coc aine content in Coca-Cola. I ask what they were doing with the Coca leaf in the first place.

To be clear, Merck has been around since the 1600's, coc aine since the late 1800's pharmy grade. However, I took a history of Biology class in Uni, which revealed some interesting experiments the upper echelons were doing on themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if coc aine was utilized much earlier on, since the Coca plant has been a constituent of Native tribes (not sure location) for years before that. But remember, coc aine and Coca are two different things.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by freudling]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I found this to be a rather informative analysis of this coc aine in soda stuff:

www.snopes.com... aine.asp

I believe the argument of this thread is a tremendous stretch and further attempt at blaming anyone named "Bush" for anything bad in the world.

Coca Cola once contained coc aine. The practice of filtering out all traces (miniscule to begin with) which began in 1929 has apparently in your author's point of view left massive quantities of coc aine behind, available for use. Since in your author's opinion the CIA runs drugs, and Bush the first was a Director of the CIA it therefore goes to prove that the Bush family pushes coke. Come on man...

I'd be interested in seeing legitimate proof by a CHEMIST (read not an opinion, a factual analysis) to show me that the current process (as recently as the 1976 date cited above) allowed for quantities of usable coc aine that suddenly needed to be marketed, rather than disposed of like the slop that comes off the plants of most other food producing firms. If someone can show me that by producing X cans of Coca Cola you wind up with X kilograms of snortable coke, I'd consider this less than a pipe dream. Bad pun huh.

Oh and the first point of the article was a blatant boldfaced irresponsible LIE. The author clearly implies that the stuff was in Coca Cola until 1989. Perhaps, as TC said, you can explain to me why coc aine was in my soda until 1989 yet millions of people passed drug tests with flying colors who drink coke like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Nope.

I have trouble believing a site that refers to the "Bush crime family" as being a fair neutral source of information. That's not how we present facts folks, that's how we present opinions.

quoted from the article's ending
She has reportedly also stated that the trace of coc aine in Coke ended in 1989.

Either present scientific evidence of this, or kindly shh. I and MILLIONS of other people drank coke like fish prior to 1989, remarkably not one of us ever tested positive for trace amounts of coc aine. Amazing. Opinion pieces that present themselves as fact are very frustrating.

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Coca-Cola once had coke in it. It still tastes like crap, which is why it is also known as Crapa-Cola. It has more flavor then Pepsi true, but they don't tell you better flavor, just more, like how sewage has more flavor then water.(BTW I am a Pepsi lover, Mountain Dew mainly, and am addicted to the caffeine in it, so not just coke is addictive)

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well the denial of the original charge and remove of coc aine back in what the twenties has always been denied , but people like myself who collect contraversial have either owned or are in search of the original bottles just for that reason , about ten or fifteen years ago I had one but it got broken, the coc aine was contained in a thin fragile false bottom. The intent was that you break the bottom and add the contents to the drink and it would act like a energy drink or psuedo afedrine additive does to our drinks now.

As for now I do know of a group that has conducted independant trials of random testing of coca cola and have found nothing, these where I must note non-govermental organizations on a witch hunt. They have yet to show evidence of the presence of the drug or any drug in the drink however caffine levels and sugar levels are excessive at times but coca cola denies wrong doing for the excessive additives and states that the batch was made that way in error , yet they perform no recalls in light of the error and are not forced to by the FDA cause the additives are non-fatal in those of the greater part of society, but I look at it this way a heart patient patient cant handle it so even though they are a minority manditory recalls should be made if even a hint of risk to 100 out of millions of people is present.

The administration this and last term has been on the fringe anyway and it is only going to get worse because Bush has nothing to loose he cant be reelected under current laws, but then again I wouldnt put it past him to try and ralley support to try and get a law even introduced during his term even if it gets no further than the front door before they either linch him or laugh him off the hill.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interested in seeing how common the ingredients are in pharmaceutical caine. how can i see that powerpoint, or obtain a list?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
lol. I'm sure the FDA and every equivelant administration in other nations (or unions) have all been bought off so when they analyze the chemical contents of the product they don't mention the coc aine.

Oh, and there've been no whistle blowers, either. Yep, very likely scenario.

I was very shocked to see this was Bush's doing, though. Usually people are pretty fair to him here

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
JJ, your satire is great!

ddaugherty, coc aine is not easily produced from "ingredients." It is produced by the coca plant that lives only in a small part of South America. The coc aine is extracted from the coca leaves before the flavoring is used in Coca-Cola. Most of the coc aine is probably destroyed with the rest being refined into a pure medical quality drug.

[edit on 2/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
lol. I'm sure the FDA and every equivelant administration in other nations (or unions) have all been bought off so when they analyze the chemical contents of the product they don't mention the coc aine.

Oh, and there've been no whistle blowers, either. Yep, very likely scenario.

I was very shocked to see this was Bush's doing, though. Usually people are pretty fair to him here

That's just what I am saying he is not to blame for this suspected phantom coc aine, But I also said those totally independant of govermental connection have been testing it for over 30 years and have yet to find anything except extream spikes in caffine and sugar and fructrose , none immediately to the majority of the country but where I fault the administration is if they see a threat to anyone they should order a recall , atleast for high blood pressure and heart patients sake, and what about controlled diabetics whom under certain conditions are allow to drink pop it would most certainly cause diabetic shock , and if this keeps happening they should regulate . You wont see that happening though cause companies like coke and pepsi are heavy hitters in the donation pool and support a large part of goverment financing in , taxes, donations, event sponsoring , as a matter of fact if we want the olympics held on the US the olympic commission will want pepsi or coke to sponsor it,,,,,,,,no the goverment isnt doing anything on the edge they need coke.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This chemist worked for Coca-Cola for 14 years, and I assure you there is absolutely no coc aine in it. Invented by Dr. John Pemberton, a morphine addict, in 1886, it was originally a knockoff of a cheap French cola wine. The very small amount of coc aine it used to have was removed in the 1920s, as previously mentioned. I have tested 100s of thousands of gallons of this product. It is >85% carbonated water, about 11% sugar (corn syrup these days), caramel coloring and flavoring. The secret ingredient is called merchandise 7X by the company, but it's composition has long been known. A thorough analysis by Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectroscopy will find no illegal substance whatsoever. Pepsi, other soft drinks, same story, but a few, mostly the lemon-limes, do have a very small trace of ethanol.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by TheAvenger]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
Invented by Dr. John Pemberton, a morphine addict, in 1886...

And then for all intensive purposes was "bought" by another Atlanta druggist, Asa Candler, for $500. Who took it to glory (among other things) with the very first million dollar advertising budget for a product.

So you were a chemist for Coke? Cool.

I love coke lore. Used to live in Candler Park, then by Coke HQ, and pitched Coke marketing guys all the time. Cheap bastids.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I love Batman with Keaton and Jack. How the Joker puts all that stuff in the cosmetics and food and people start getting depressed. It justs slaps me in the face about how important it is to have a mini biochem lab in the kitchen to test my mass produced products!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They stil put coc aine in it, but trace amounts. I'll try to find the link were i read this at. I believe it, why get rid of coc aine in there products, when that's what makes it taste different?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

They stil put coc aine in it, but trace amounts. I'll try to find the link were i read this at. I believe it, why get rid of coc aine in there products, when that's what makes it taste different?

I don't think it would make it taste different, but it sure would give you a different buzz and make it more addictive......

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I "may" have had the pleasure of indulging in the good old sniff of the white girl. It's pretty nice.

IMO, Bush's coke snorting is the only good thing he has ever done. And no, I'm not a liberal, I'm a person who sees what's really going on.

The whole debate on whether coke is still in Coke is debatable, but the Bush and CIA connection isn't. I've seen an ex-CIA guy ADMIT that they fly tons of coke into this country while the DEA busts dealers who fly keys in on their Cesnas.

Look, the Bushes are one of the biggest crime families ever. Hell, even Dubya's grandaddy was dirty. He is hailed as the father of eugenics...

I'm sorry if you Republicans are too caught up in the whole conservative-liberal battle to realize that this guy is dirty. When in our history has there been a FATHER AND SON presidential legacy????? Forget the Patriots, the Bushes are the true dynasty.

Chimp Face is dirty, and a lot of his administration are dirty boot lickers too. That includes Alberto Gonzales and Condy Rice. BTW, I'm black, so don't call me a racist.

But as for coke still in Coke, I'm not sure about that. I've heard that trace amounts are still there, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I can't say who's right or wrong on this one. Mmmmm, sweet yayo...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join