It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 Balttmore cases dismissed after video showing cops planting drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They were just "creating" some space.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

Sucks for the good cops, but Baltimore is a good police force to try a pilot program of firing everyone and rehiring based on new applications and applicants. And I'm talking from the top down.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For all those blindly jumping into this post with generic "racism" and "keeping the black man down" just remember 4 of the 6 cops being indicted are black.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Chicago, Baltimore, send in the Feds, send in the national guard. Fire the local cops and burn da'hood to the ground. Its really the only solution. I dont know why the US tolerates these imcompetent, corrupt Little Cuba cities to exist.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Sucks for the good cops, but Baltimore is a good police force to try a pilot program of firing everyone and rehiring based on new applications and applicants. And I'm talking from the top down.

A friend brought a Baltimore cop as a date to a cookout at our house about five years ago. The guy got drunk, started spouting racist crap, and said that Everyone in the city were animals and deserved at best a beat down or a bullet. We knew who he was talking about when he said eveyone.

I threw him out, and our friend wanted to drive, but he wouldn't let her, so she stayed at our place, rather than drive with a drunk.

Only Baltimore cop I have ever really spent any time with, and this is just an anecdotal experiance, but...

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Yeah, unfortunately, there seems to be only two types of alpha males who become police officers: (A) True leaders, who have a good heart, are there to help as often as they can, and know how to assert their authority properly and with compassion when needed, and; (B) those like this douchebag whom you had to throw out of your cookout.

When I was a paralegal in the military, I worked with MPs a lot, and it certainly seems like, in the military, at least, the ratio is probably 40/60, respectively. There are a lot of douchebags who are MPs in the military, but there are also a lot of good cops, too.

In the civilian world, almost all LEOs that I have interacted with on a social level (which, admittedly, is a limited number) have been really good people and polite and respectful and nice, even if drunk. But then again, I don't live in the D.C. or surrounding areas, but I know many people who have lived and worked in that bubble, and from what I understand, that area just seems to be a douchebag magnet.

I'll be honest, where I live, that cop probably would be lucky that he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked for speaking like that--getting thrown out and driving away drunk was the best outcome for him. Hell, I would have called 911, too, and reported his car as a suspected drunk driver, as well. I doubt that he would have been cited, but damn, it would have been awesome for him to be pulled over or humiliated by his peers (assuming that would be the outcome).

This is the issue, though--the nation and the world sees these asshole cops as the norm, but when you get out of these larger metropolitan concrete jungles and actually get into "real" America, these issues are very few and far between. But, yet, this guy is the standard by which all are generally judged, and it's disappointing, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Agree 100%. The local cops around here - rural PA - are really great. They are helpful.

I had a few MPs in my unit in Germany. Most were regular guys and gals, but we had one that everyone called Barney fife. He was a mess, skinny, full of himself, stupid. All the Jr enlisted made his life hell. He was funny to watch.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

And in a new twist: More Baltimore police officers accused of faking evidence.

The manufactured evidence revelations come less than a week after State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby dismissed charges in 34 cases relying on the testimony of three other officers after the Office of the Public Defender released a different video they say shows an officer planting drugs. That officer is suspended and two others are on administrative duty. Separately, seven other Baltimore officers on a gun crimes task force are accused of faking reports and false detentions.

news source

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

While this is good to see, of greater importance is the issue of what happens to the cops afterwards. I would hate to think they just returned to work the next day.

Fitting people up like these cops did should be an automatic 30 year sentence without parole and forfeiture of all pension savings etc.

Their supervisors and senior mangers should join them every inch of the way.

Senior mangers and supervisors exert a significant influence over the culture of any group they are managing or supervising and should not be permitted to simply look the other way when bad things happen.

Funny goverments and their agencies commit no crimes.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

This is the issue, though--the nation and the world sees these asshole cops as the norm, but when you get out of these larger metropolitan concrete jungles and actually get into "real" America, these issues are very few and far between. But, yet, this guy is the standard by which all are generally judged, and it's disappointing, to say the least.

Fair to say then the media is quite responsible for agitating peoples views of the world.

What you are saying here is no different to the general publics view on muslims or any minority for that matter, just look at how lgtb are viewed.

This is seemingly an issue that is far larger than a people just focusing on crappy police.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

More likely than not, if fired.. they are working for another police force in 6 months.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Dude if justice had an american flavour then this crap would not have happened in the first place. This is cleaning up an american flavoured mess.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

More likely than not, if fired.. they are working for another police force in 6 months.

That is likely through a need for recruits, so few people in this day and age want to be cops ( I know right), so they just shuffle them around.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes I'm sure there are not the #s of quality recruits needed, so a fair amount are filler.
It is a tough job I'm sure..they have to see/deal with the very worst humanity has to offer..I still find the corruption and shooting's of people and pets inexcusable.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

TextI still find the corruption and shooting's of people and pets inexcusable.

So do I, what gets under my skin as well is the blatant hypocrisy that comes out, when these officers use some drivel like "ignorance of the law is no excuse", yet the law books are so contrived how does one ever decipher it without a degree in law.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Much like selective listening and understanding we have subjective law. All these people need to go home to their families, the rest of us, well we mean nothing so life is not a privilege and we had better fall in line and do as we are told, or be executed in cold blood.
edit on 2-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sorry hopenot, the only reply buttons I have are to existing posts, not really directed to just you,

This is just one of the problems that arise from made up crimes. Drug crimes (possession anyway) is a made up crime and here's why. If the legislature has full reign to make anything a crime, where does it stop? Is there a limit? Of course the answer is yes. The limit is this, the police and prosecutor are part of a representative government. So when the prosecutor brings charges he does so as a representative of the people. And you can ask, 'what people'. And their answer will be 'all the people'. The problem is, none of the people made the complaint, the cop did (this is even forbidden by the Magna Carta). So those representatives are claiming to represent all the people yet none of the people at the same time because of no complaint. If that sounds odd, think about theft. Will they bring theft charges without the owners signature?? Most certainly not, because he is the specific 'people' being represented by the prosecutor. What if theft charges are brought and the owner is found to be an imposter and does not own the stolen item?? The charges will be dismissed. There is no such thing as a victimless crime, but there are real crimes and made up crimes. Deception is the main business of our 'government'.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I agree with you completely, and yes, I do think that it's a public-perception issue gone awry, and it pertains to myriad things in modern society.

And yes, the media is the modern public relations officer for the everyday world, so culpability definitely falls in their laps, at least a large bulk of it. The off-topic question then becomes, is this a result of poor journalists, or a purposefully driven agenda.

My probably 30/70 split on that, respectively.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Much like selective listening and understanding we have subjective law. All these people need to go home to their families, the rest of us, well we mean nothing so life is not a privilege and we had better fall in line and do as we are told, or be executed in cold blood.

........ or get out of the job.

What right do you think you have commit crimes against others?

What right do you think you have to disobey the law?

Do you consider yourself to be above the law?

Is there any law that exempts police from the law?

What law says police should not be treated like criminals when they commit crime?

I think you get the idea

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Simply firing or allowing a police officer who has committed crime to resign is, IMO, a crime in itself because In law, this is aiding and abetting crime. Such actions simply excuse the behavior and in fact encourage the corrupt cop to become more corrupt again, which is aiding and abetting.

Question to ask is "what law exempts police from the law?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join