It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Seeing.... DEAD People??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

How did you land that job across from the funeral home, just wondering...?

I am a retail store manager. Long story short, I work for a fairly big retailer here in OZ. Like many retailers at the moment, a part of their business had become unprofitable so they closed down a bunch of stores, mine being one of them. This store became available about a year ago and it is in a country town. I have wanted to return to the country to live for years now, so I put my hand up and they were more than glad to accept as nobody wanted to take it on and it had become a disaster area because there were no company trained staff in there.

I actually had no idea that there was a funeral home across the road when I signed up for it. I thought the building was a motel....

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Yes, it is peripheral vision that is seeing these things. I did wonder if it was something like that or worse, like a brain tumor

But..... I actually had to go for a CAT scan on my head about 18 months ago and there was nothing found. I had been having really bad vertigo attacks and vomiting sessions at that time. Another thing that has pretty much gone away now.

My peripheral vision is pretty good though. As I mentioned earlier, I drive down kangaroo infested roads and I watch like a hawk for the little sods. They are VERY unpredictable and jump out in front of you for no good reason. I am getting better and better at seeing them out of the corner of my eye. In fact, I could actually argue that I am developing far better capability with peripheral vision and recognition of objects than ever before. I can see them (kangaroos) way before my partner does when we are in the car together for instance

EDIT; To add, I work about 43 hrs per week, (plus travel time) and I am currently getting 8 - 10 hours sleep a night again (since listening to the music). When I was having insomnia issues I was geting the same 8 - 10 hours in bed, but would sleep maybe 4 - 6 hours of it, the rest of it tossing and turning and in a state somewhere between wide awake and asleep.
edit on 15-6-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I often wonder if the whole earthbound ghosts are true, why are they in seemingly dull places. Why aren't things like concert halls and stadiums packed with the supernatural.

I can understand things like...a house. okay, perhaps someone wants to hang in what was once their house, or be near their relatives, but I think if I could travel the world at the speed of thought, I would be seeing far more interesting things..and if its the universe in question, perhaps exploring all of space like ghost picard.

or maybe thats why ghosts are few and far between...once they realize they aren't stuck to one place, they shoot off to explore saturns moons or see whats going on at alpha centuri.

Anyhow, off topic. back on now, careful, if you have some latent mental disorder, these subliminal mind mucking stuff might enhance it...I think so long as you know what is "real" and what is just a ....question of perception, then you should be alright though. If it starts to blur, then take action to lessen the impact...dont need to be the guy on the street corner talking to a lamp post about angels in 10 years kinda thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
I actually had to go for a CAT scan on my head about 18 months ago and there was nothing found. I had been having really bad vertigo attacks and vomiting sessions at that time. Another thing that has pretty much gone away now.

Off topic but I was getting that also about the same time. sucks. It hasn't happened in awhile now though..although my tinnitus is still just as bad (I put it down to some sort of inner ear thing...left side. blah)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Does nothing for me, sound's like a tone death angel with an out of tune harp while I have a pillow stuffed in each ear.

If you really want to sleep find some way to receive the BBC politics channel, preferably while the house of Lords is in session and record it, play it every night with the volume very low and you are sure to be conked out in no time.

Seriously though, sleepless night's may be down to deep seated worry's and/or you sense something is wrong somewhere, it would also be worth while getting the local Priest or Rabbi to bless your home and give it a good spiritual cleansing (forget those pagan one's they can actually cause more harm than good).

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are many many accounts of this phenomenon online including on many psychology forums. It seems its always related to lack of sleep and the way the eye muscles work often coupled with stress. Its also possible you have small floaters in the eye. Peripheral vision is a funny one
but highly unlikely to be ghosts and ghoulies!

Seeing things out of the corner of the eye

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I worked 3rd trick at UPS loading package cars from midnight to 8:45 am for 25 years, after being a driver for 5 years. Since I slept during the day, I used a sound machine and listened to white noise, to help mask outside noise. There were numerous times, just before I awoke, that I heard my name spoken through the white noise on the sound machine. One time, I could've sworn it was my late father. In addition, right after waking from a sound sleep, my peripheral vision would sometimes be distorted, seeing things with a "ripple" effect. This would last only a few seconds. Even though I had seen the apparition of my late grandmother as a teen, I never attributed these things as "paranormal." I just thought it was my brain playing tricks on me after sleeping soundly. Many people think they hear voices listening to white noise, I just attributed my case to sound pareidolia.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I agree, whether dead people or subconscious projection, its a good idea to make your intention known that they are not welcome in your home.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes, it is peripheral vision that is seeing these things. I did wonder if it was something like that or worse, like a brain tumor

Lots of people see things out the corner of their eye. Also In dreams, while ill, feverish, drunk or hi, too.

OBEs, well thats self explanatory.

Seeing things out the corner of our eye means they are non threatening, trying to contact us...

...but like rules of physics here, theres 'rules of engagement' there, too.

Plausible deniability. Can't rock the paradigm boat too much...
(wink wink)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
If you were under perfect conditions your scenario may be a bit more credible in regards to the paranormal.

However, you've already stated you're sleeping habits are terrible; caused by pain nonetheless. Which means you're constantly dealing with exhaustion.

If you're on any pain medications or muscle relaxants then that's only going to further your exhaustion.

These factors heavily lean towards a non-paranormal cause for what you're witnessing.

I'd see a doctor if it's gone this far

Sleep deprivation is known to cause hallucinations. It's a classic torture technique. Keep playing loud noises all night and day so the victim can never get a solid nights sleep. They they start to hallucinate and that is torture in itself. The only solution is plenty of rest and a good diet.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
In short you are stimulating your brain with bineral and the more powerful Isochronic tones by listening to those videos. -Health wise: That could be while you're seeing what you are. -Paranormal wise-as claimed with these beats: You are now aware, due the brain relaxation, of the paranormal.

After listening, the effects stay with you for a while. Did the paranormal sightings happen earlier on in the morning?
edit on 16-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: markosity1973
I actually had to go for a CAT scan on my head about 18 months ago and there was nothing found. I had been having really bad vertigo attacks and vomiting sessions at that time. Another thing that has pretty much gone away now.

Off topic but I was getting that also about the same time. sucks. It hasn't happened in awhile now though..although my tinnitus is still just as bad (I put it down to some sort of inner ear thing...left side. blah)

Yes, that is what my problem was - Menieres (exploding inner eardrum caused by excess fluid buildup basically)

You have my sympathy. It is not a fun thing to live with.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
In short you are stimulating your brain with bineral and the more powerful Isochronic tones by listening to those videos. -Paranormal wise: You are now aware, due the brain relaxation, of the paranormal. After listening, the effects stay with you for a while. Did the paranormal sightings happen earlier on in the morning?

No, they happen at random times during the day. The first one was about 4:30 in the afternoon.

But you are right about the music and how it stimulates the brain. I am aware of this - for instance most people do not know that the frequency the sound of a cat purring makes stimulates healing in the body.

One member mentioned the track I put in the OP sounded like a cross between a dying goat and a very out of tune harp or something along those lines. I think they missed the point - the music is not meant to be played at normal listening volume and yes it can sound either weird or very 'vanilla' That is not the point though. I turn it all the way down until I can just only hear it. If it is too loud it will keep me awake and I will get annoyed by it's weirdness.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
There are many many accounts of this phenomenon online including on many psychology forums. It seems its always related to lack of sleep and the way the eye muscles work often coupled with stress. Its also possible you have small floaters in the eye. Peripheral vision is a funny one
but highly unlikely to be ghosts and ghoulies!

Seeing things out of the corner of the eye

Lol. A lot of you want to blame it on a lack of sleep or being as high as a kite on medication. I said in the OP that I am sleeping the best I have done in ages. I have also mentioned I don't use painkillers.

But the floater thing.... maybe. Who knows. It only affects me at work though. Nowhere else. I've been at home for 36 hours and not a single thing. Which is normal.

ETA I read your link - they all say they are either depressed (possible psychosis) or lacking sleep (possible hallucination) I am neither. Life is great these days and I am not tired any more.
edit on 16-6-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

This'll sound pat and trite. Your mind is playing tricks on you and it's not as simple as seeing dead people.

Stress can be a factor in sleep talking; you'll have underlying things your mind is chewing over all the time. Stuff you might be pushing down. Lack of quality sleep causes sleep-talking and (importantly) can create detached states when we're awake. On top of that, the sleep deprivation diminishes our critical faculties and can lead to an imbalance between our inclinations towards magical thinking and being rational.

If you were top of your game, that *corner of the eye* shadow would be dismissed without a second thought. Under par and it becomes something to dwell upon. Barely noticeable, the brain begins one of its pattern recognition processes going and starts looking for shadows and shades in the corner of the eye. This has a lot of names from 'confirmation bias' to the ridiculously named 'Bader-Meinhoff syndrome.' Who came up with that and did I spell it right? I daren't look

Part of you should be resisting the above words. They don't take into account the certainty of your belief. You know what you saw and it absolutely wasn't a figment of imagination. You're a smart guy and would know if it was happening, right? Too many things have happened for any of this to be imaginary! You've thought it through rationally and there has to a different explanation. Kandinsky's full of sh** and doesn't get it. F***ing skeptic.

I could tell you I've had almost the exact same experience if that helps coz I have. The cure is regular sleep and it has to be quality sleep to work. It's proof that most of these experiences are in the mind. If they had any substantive existence of their own, they'd exist whether we sleep or not. Instead, they depend entirely on our brains being exhausted and our faculties running the metaphorical emergency generator.

ETA - You can sleep all night, but it doesn't mean 'quality sleep.' I thought I was a 7hrs sleeper and it turned out to be 4hrs and change.

edit on 6.16.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I have to agree with DAVID64. Best not to mess around with that music. Already, you have these odd visual experiences, whatever they are, and that's not a good thing. Perhaps just some regular music, some soothing classical that you might enjoy, instead?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If you have a IPhone/Android download a App called Dream Talk. I use it all the time to record my Sleep. Spirits do communicate through your dreams and are naturally attracted to you while Sleeping which is why you're speaking in tongues.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Read the comments before watching these videos

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join