It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Noticed More & More Helicopters Circling Your Neiborhood at Night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
(Moderators, I wasn't sure what catagory to post this under. If it should be in a different one, please move it. Thanks)

I don't know about where everyone else lives, but here in Oklahoma City, at least in the last two years I've lived here, I have noticed an increasingly number of helicopters that circle and often hover right over my apartment complex.

Not just mine, though. I moved about a year ago to a different location within the same city, and they do the same thing here, but more and more frequently.

I also, when I hear them fading away, look and see that they are just doing the same thing in another part of the city.

I started wondering about them, and tried to research them on Google. But came up with nothing more than they are starting new training programs, and the students are learning the grid of the city.

I'm starting to think that that is not reason enough for all the money it must cost for fuel and maintenance, and the manpower it must involve to keep them up every single night - from the time the sun goes down until the time it rises.

What does any other members know or think of this.

And, does this occur in other cities and countries around the world? If so, how long has it been going on?

[edit on 2/5/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
No, actualy its the opposite where I live (near Seattle WA.) there is alot less helicopter activity than normal.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Actually, yes I have also noticed this in my town too. We have recently made it to the 100,000 pop. mark so I guess we're not exactly small, but we're not all that big either, especially when speaking in terms of California.

Just within the last year or so I've been hearing frequent chopper traffic at night. Not really doing anything but basic patrol type flying around. I assume it has to do with all the money being shelled out to special new programs of law enforcement and the joining of both the Local Law Enforcement & Military within certain areas.

We are still far from being anything like LA though. When I visited my friend down in Long Beach, I quickly became aware of "The Ghetto Birds" which pretty much flew low, right overhead, repeatedly all day and all night long.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There seem to be more military transport choppers around where I live now. I've seen a few of them and heard more. They have very loud, deep sounding engines. A couple of times they've even made the windows shake.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The patroling ghettobirds will probably replaced by in the long term by blimps, with sensors for sound/visual/radar/infrared and a big Deathray for instant justice.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
just think the day they incorperate the 'angel ray' particle beam they would be able to peer right through your roof in the middle of the night, probably not even waking you. in santa clara county we have roughly 3 birds cruising during the evening on into the night, then the middle of the night i see about 1.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This post already exists here on ATS by the same Author and can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread as this one is to be closed.

FredT

top topics

join