It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think the Russians like Trump...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

In that case the president may appeal to the SCOTUS and let the SCOTUS decide if the investigation has merit or not.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

In that case the president may appeal to the SCOTUS and let the SCOTUS decide if the investigation has merit or not.

no, thats wrong too.

you can only appeal to scotus a conviction or ruling from a lower court. and thats only if scotus takes the case based on a vote amongst themselves on if the case has merit or concerns some confusion in the law.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

If the director of FBI is someone appointed by a previous president from the rival party, then FBI can in theory carry out sedition against the newly elected president by doing any investigation into the new president for however long it likes, thus influencing the midterm elections. This is not acceptable in a democracy. A better way is for the Congress to appoint the FBI director rather than the president doing that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: AnonyMason

Only if there is evidence, otherwise it is sedition and the president can fire the director. If FBI find nothing during the election season and between election day and inauguration day, FBI is not supposed to do any further investigation unless the situation is very extraordinary.

Can you back this up with sources?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It's common sense. I wouldn't like having FBI investigate me for murder or something which I never did. It is not good for a person's reputation if he or she is under FBI investigation. Which is my point. FBI is not king. It does not get to investigate whoever it likes for whatever it likes for however long it likes. There are clear procedures for FBI investigations.
edit on 19-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
With the firestorm around Trump and the Russians raging, now would be the perfect time for the Russians to release some intel on Trump, real or fake, if they wanted him removed that is.

See, if the Russians didn't like Trump and wanted him removed, all they would have to do is make some stuff up and let the American media do its thing. Yet they have done nothing. That raises more red flags for me than anything the media does.

By remaining silent, the Russians are allowing Trump to spin his way out of any collusion by claiming a "witch-hunt". With no evidence, the MSM is making itself look foolish. Either way, Trump can come out of this stronger than ever.

So why aren't the Russians trying to take him down? Whether or not Trump actually had anything to do with Russia is irrelevant considering that if Russia were to release even fake intel it would damage Trump beyond repair.

The only thing I can think of is that they like Pence even less than Trump.

You realize you said these quotes?

"...if the Russians didn't like Trump and wanted him removed, all they would have to do is make some stuff up and let the American media do its thing." Seems already happening

"By remaining silent...." The Russian arent remaining silent...do a search.

"With no evidence, the MSM is making itself look foolish." Wow....really? Im sure you dont live in a cave!

"Whether or not Trump actually had anything to do with Russia is irrelevant..."

edit on 19-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'd add that they are getting a great laugh at how America is moving forwards with him moving backwards.

At least now they are happy it's all not about them...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join