It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Sen. Carlos Uresti indicted on fraud, bribery charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

A federal grand jury handed state Sen. Carlos Uresti, D-San Antonio, two indictments Tuesday: one for his involvement in a now-bankrupt company accused of misleading investors and another for alleged bribery surrounding a government contract.

This guy was had a financial stake in FourWinds Logistics (now bankrupt), which was working in the fracking industry and 3 other former employees already plead guilty, a fourth has also been indicted.

The democrat Uresti is standing his ground, but Im confident he'll be making a deal with prosecutors at some point. He's just buying time to figure out to deal with the following:

The grand jury indicted Uresti on one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud; one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering; five substantive counts of wire fraud; two counts of securities fraud; one count of engaging in monetary transactions with property derived from specified unlawful activity; and one count of being an unregistered securities broker.

A separate indictment centered on a contract to provide medical services to a correctional facility in West Texas. That indictment alleges that a colleague of Uresti’s, Vernon C. Farthing III, paid Uresti $10,000 per month as a marketing consultant and that half of the money was given to an unspecified Reeves County official to win over his vote to award the contract to Farthing’s company. It was the culmination of a 10-year scheme to commit bribery and money laundering, prosecutors argued.

Innocent til proven guilty.

He is expected in court today.

Source

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Carlos... you are a dumbass

I hope they make an example out of him.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
He's probably like, wait a second, the whole gubment is corrupt and you're fingering me?

Yah, you fell out of favor, so shut up and eat your sacrificial lamb.

Or yah, we were about to get exposed so someone has to be the scape goat.

Gotta keep up appearances, token.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

While there is a separate indictment regarding a government contract, for providing medical devices to a correctional facility, the bulk of the charges do stem from his small percentage of ownership in FourWinds.

But youre right, name me one senator that doesnt babble in ownership of companies, which if looked at closely, something fishy/dubious pertaining to deals/finances wouldnt be found, warranting an investigation of some sort...

Birds of a feather flock together.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There were a lot more politicians indicted in the 80s and 90s. I think the FBI is too busy with terrorism. Our government is becoming too corrupt. We need to hire more FBI agents and spend a little less money dropping bombs in the ME.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There were a lot more politicians indicted in the 80s and 90s. I think the FBI is too busy with terrorism. Our government is becoming too corrupt. We need to hire more FBI agents and spend a little less money dropping bombs in the ME.

I'm never in favor of more government, but it would be nice if there was a well staffed department with a purpose of ousting corruption in our government.

Of course, that department would be corrupted sooner or later. It would need a high rate of turnover at every position to flush out compromised people. Kind of like our government does.

Maybe we should nix the entire CIA and fire everyone there. Then we could start a new, less sketchy one.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

There are watchdogs in the government, but they are suspect because it's like putting the fox in oversight of the hen house.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Another mistake on the Dems part.

join