It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado rips through Chetek, Wisconsin. Trailer park hit and turkey farm demolished. Several hurt. F

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
A Tornado has hit the small town of Chetek in Wisconsin this evening. This is about a half hour away and my FB has been exploding with friends and family in the area.

KARE 11 news report of Tornado that went through Chetek Wisconsin.

There have not been reports of fatalities yet, but judging from the devastation, I would not be shocking if there were some.
I will post more information as it becomes available.
I live close to where this is. Hopefully the Storm Cell will miss us as we are about 30 min away.
edit on 16-5-2017 by PainGod because: added context

edit on 16-5-2017 by PainGod because: added a little

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PainGod

How are you doing? Did the storm miss you?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I saw this storm on the Wisconsin radar. WICKED! It's rare to see a long-track storm with a white core in northern Wisconsin.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There was a hit down in Oklahoma too.

Stay safe and I hope the only casualties in Wisconsin were poultry, but I know that's a tall order when a trailer park is involved.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
dude, get to shelter wtf are you on the computer for that better be a tablet and you better have night vision because they come in seconds like a freight train and once one forms another could elsewhere ahead or on the back of the storm.

A Msg from Tx:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Damn! Stay safe, OP!

The velocity on this thing is pretty serious atm:

LINK: Storm Relative Motion: Velocity: radar.weather.gov...

^^^ note: I usually click off Topo, Highways, and Cities when viewing SRV radar...
also speed up the loop and enable auto refresh.

Currently, rotation is fairly well defined.
If you are in the path of that T-warned cells trajectory,
I would definitely take necessary precautions just in case.

___

Hold it down, yo...
___

Edit to add:
Rotation seems to have fallen apart on that storm, but it could cycle...

A clear couplet was also visible for a time upon first checking the radar...
__

In any case stay alert.
edit on 16-5-2017 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I`m not trying to be insensitive but seriously, why do people keep building trailer homes in tornado prone areas?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

AP News is reporting one death sorry to say.

Stay safe OP and others in the area. It's a nasty one for sure

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I am in the path of the storm and wouldn't have thought to check because it is so calm here.
Stared and flagged.
And for those who don't get the worry about this, this is far too early for tornado season.
Tardacus We don't build our homes in prone areas, we just live. Tornadoes are unpredictable. Like humans.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker

So far so good looks like it went just south east of us for the most part we got some hail and stiff winds but are being sparred the worst of it it would appear.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Not a problem. I know i would like to know if something were heading my way.
We live in the age of almost instant information. This kind of fore knowledge would have been almost impossible 20-25 year ago.
edit on 16-5-2017 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I`m not trying to be insensitive but seriously, why do people keep building trailer homes in tornado prone areas?

For the same reason that people live on barrier islands in hurricane zones.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

the entire mid west is a tornado prone area, sure tornados could happen anywhere but how many tornados have happened in maine compared to the mid west?I live on the east coast and we don`t have tornados here but even I know that the Midwest is called tornado ally for a good reason.
if people want to live in tornado ally in a stick and paper home on wheels that`s fine with me, but I have no sympathy for them when they get blown away by a tornado.

people who live in a trailer home in the mid west remind me of this old saying;
"there are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders, those who have had an accident and those who will have an accident"
to paraphrase that " there are 2 kinds of trailer home dwellers in tornado ally ,those who have had their trailer home blown away by a tornado and those that will have their trailer home blown away by a tornado'

another way to look at it is this, how many ground level beach front homes do you see?

edit on 16-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but people who live on barrier islands in hurricane prone areas don`t live in trailer homes, they take precautions like building the house on stilts, or having a an 8 foot cinderblock foundation.

if you live in a tornado ally and live in a trailer home you either have a death wish or you are retarded.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: ketsuko

but people who live on barrier islands in hurricane prone areas don`t live in trailer homes, they take precautions like building the house on stilts, or having a an 8 foot cinderblock foundation.

if you live in a tornado ally and live in a trailer home you either have a death wish or you are retarded.

Or you can't afford to have a stick-built house...trailer houses are relatively cheap to rent or buy. In our area it is not unusual for a newly married couple to buy a trailer house to live in while they save up to buy or build a home.
There are plenty of trailer homes in hurricane prone areas. Some of my relatives used to live in a huge trailer park that straddled A1A in Florida. They survived three hurricanes there in the 30 years they spent there.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Friend of the family owns a factory there and over half the building is gone from what some employees are saying. it was closed and nobody was there.
My cousin's kid had a game right in that area and had left around an hour or so before.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I live down here in Rock County. I had no idea there was even severe weather in the state after Monday's storms moved out, until my friend in Spooner messaged me about it. I'm glad there were minimal fatalities.

new topics

top topics

join