It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Gives Jeff Sessions $0 To Go After Medical Marijuana Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
I have to live in this country with you and part of being a decent neighbor is keeping drugs out of our communities. What kind of America is it where we don't say no anymore?
We're devolving into a drug using immoral cesspool.

Oh boohoo! Mind your own business. Your neighbor doing drugs doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: BestinShow
From source:

In theory, Sessions could still take action against states that have legalized recreational marijuana

My excitement has abated, but good for those in need of it medically.

Congress needs to change the laws regarding Marijuana so ignorant d!ckheads like Sessions can't affect rational policy.

Medically or not it is not the govt job to tell anyone what to do with concern of this plant.

You would be correct if drug addicts were not a drain on society. Since they are, the government has every right to do it.

This is one plant that should have a drastic reduction in penalties though.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

From source:

In theory, Sessions could still take action against states that have legalized recreational marijuana

Congress needs to change the laws regarding Marijuana so ignorant d!ckheads like Sessions can't affect rational policy.

Medically or not it is not the govt job to tell anyone what to do with concern of this plant.

You would be correct if drug addicts were not a drain on society. Since they are, the government has every right to do it.

How are drug addicts a drain on society any more than an alcoholic is?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

From source:

You think someone who drinks a beer and someone who does meth are equally likely to be a drain on society?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have to live in this country with you and part of being a decent neighbor is keeping drugs out of our communities. What kind of America is it where we don't say no anymore?

Oh boohoo! Mind your own business. Your neighbor doing drugs doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

From source:

You think someone who drinks a beer and someone who does meth are equally likely to be a drain on society?

You do realize that alcohol is pretty much the worst drug you can take right? It's pretty much neck and neck with heroin. Alcohol is the only drug where you can die from the withdrawal symptoms. Hell, I'd trust a meth head to get behind the wheel and drive before I'd trust an alcoholic to do so. Meth is speed, which keeps you more focused.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Why? Because you are clutching your pearls?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

From source:

You do realize that alcohol is pretty much the worst drug you can take right? It's pretty much neck and neck with heroin. Alcohol is the only drug where you can die from the withdrawal symptoms. Hell, I'd trust a meth head to get behind the wheel and drive before I'd trust an alcoholic to do so. Meth is speed, which keeps you more focused.

Heroin and crack are 3-4 times more addictive than Alcohol. You do realize your arguing with me is proving my point of why the government needs to intercede, and your argument must mean you want more intercessions.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
whyquit.com...
edit on 3-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

From source:

Heroin and crack are 3-4 times more addictive than Alcohol. You do realize your arguing with me is proving my point of why the government needs to intercede, and your argument must mean you want more intercessions.

Alcohol only scores better on Dependence, as you basically would expect. It's marginally better in other categories. The worst known withdrawal symptom and intoxication is alcohol. It's honestly retarded people ingest it with any form of SOCIAL addiction placement at all considering it's not 'actually' addicting by your logic. Perhaps it's shoved down peoples throat by big alcohol? I'm literally saying it's retarded, and I still take 2-3 shots a year myself. Can't say I've ever been influenced into Heroin or Crack because of massive pop-culture like I have with alcohol, a drink I hate.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

From source:

No I don't realize that at all. Why is my point proving that the government needs to jail users?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

From source:

Heroin and crack are 3-4 times more addictive than Alcohol.

Personal anecdotes and hyperbole don't mean a damned thing around here. What does carry a little weight is fact based research. We get it, the entire country should live according to your personal morals simply because you have backwards and ignorant views on what other people do with their own bodies, whether it affects you in any way or not. However, the actual facts do no support our contention. While Heroin and Crack are right up there, Alcohol is the most dangerous, detrimental drug for both the user and the people around them. In 2010, The Lancet published a paper by the British Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs that established criteria determining harm to the user themself as well as the affects of people around the user and Alcohol beats out every other drug known to man by nearly a factor of 3.

www.thelancet.com...(10)61462-6/abstract
If you don't have credentials to read the journal...
www.webmd.com...

You do realize your arguing with me is proving my point of why the government needs to intercede, and your argument must mean you want more intercessions.

This is only because your entire argument is predicated on confirmation bias and you exclude any information that conflicts with your preconceived cruces notion. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy, you only see what you want and ignore everything else. Nobody has proven your point except you. And your point is clear, you think you should be able to exert your ownmority on others through legislation. 85 years in, that tactic isn't doing anything to help people on drugs and it only criminalized people with a medically treatable problem and enriched those who own stock in For Profit Private Prisons. That's not a legacy to be proud of, especially when the "war on Drugs" typically adheres to the initial 1940's goals of Harry Anslinger, which is to primarily target minorities with heavier sentences and fines than whites. These are facts. Introduce yourself to them sometime and you might be surprised what the world around you really looks like.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Well said, buddy.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Pot is not good for you, but neither is fast food, I would rather see them ban junk food before weed, and in effect it would probably result in lower healthcare costs.
edit on 6-5-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I say this in all seriousness. Every single Trump voter should be happy about this. Regardless your views on weed, it's in my house, I'm not harming anyone else, stay out of my privacy.

This should always be a bipartisan issue. I would laugh at the irony of a trump administration taking away everyone's Mary Jane, but I'd be too pissed off myself.

What do you think more immoral behavior occurs under, Marijuana or alcohol?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join