It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Politics Unhinged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Each and every day, I learn to pull back on political participation beyond voting. I can't tell what way is left, right, anti, pro... I kind of just sit back and watch the comedy show. People seemingly have less and less abilities to refrain from mixing politics in odd places. Sure, I got into a political debate with a coworker at work before... but I understood that it was a debate among peers. Here's an example of how silly the emotions of 'crapping where one eats' can get. I'm not even sure what is oddest here... the unhinged principal, or the child abortion protesters practicing free speech at a high school.

With as much as people have been coming unhinged around ATS even... I present the following video. I will get the popcorn while the blood pressures elevate.

edit on 1-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

This is a shortened version...

edit on 1-5-2017 by ttobban because: added link

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Lord 18 + minutes of this? Sheesh I don't have it in me after 2...neither side was doing much for their opinion
Principal was the typical Dbag I expect

actually the picketers were pretty lack luster to boot
edit on 1-5-2017 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Talk about a meltdown.. Goes to show that even if your mentally ill, you too can be a high level school admin.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Indeed

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This is pathetic. Both sides....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Smh...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I wonder if the two kids in this video pushing their moral judgement about things without being asked first are aware that Abortion is mentioned in the Bible too.

Only it's done by a priest where he gives a woman something known as "Bitter Water" and it causes her to have a miscarriage. Although they claim it's actually God Magic which does it, not the "Bitter Water". When it does work it's because God has decided that the baby should not be born.

Think they were taught that by their programmers at church before they were sent out to program others???

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
His pantys are in a bunch!! He has to go relax, catch a Barry Manalo concert or a Starbucks

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, the video is just a sample of one of those debates that are more and more common... nothing but vent sessions and name calling. Why does it not sink in that people are not taken as credible by anyone when they are flying off the handle in a rage protest. Honestly, credibility is kind of removed by those that speak of left,right, or any other group of divide... it's tough to find folders of hate within me to want to care enough what another person may be grouped as... I could care less what group beyond American citizen even I am.

I actually had a hidden intention behind the addition of this video that I must confess to. I had to remove myself from political debate here at ATS, because each and every one of them reads exactly like the video in the OP. I felt that watching this video was the equivalent reading the political threads at ATS & I felt compelled to share that. The cancerous words thrown around the political threads of site towards each other here are nothing but a negative feed to energy, and people can't keep from coming unhinged in debate much anymore. ATS has been a comforting and safe expression of thought for me over the years, but now the finger pointers have taken the forums hostage. People that enjoy debate run for the hills in political threads, because people are smart enough to know to not even waste time in debate if it has to go backwards 10 times to establish who's thoughts stands where. The ones that aren't avoiding the finger pointing aren't affected one bit... the debate started with the intent to insult before maybe learn something, and they are publicly indicating that they are too emotional to think rationally when the unhinging occurs. So, the law of averages puts the scene to where it's pointless to even open up and read the political OP's when it's already known where it is going to lead... unless one wants to feel better about themselves.

All we have to do is remove the direct insults... I understand grouping and stereotyping is a normal part of debate, but to single debaters out and providing instructions on an endorsement of divide immediately erases the chance of the debate to educate ANYONE. I can chalk a bit of the kick up in these behaviors to the crumbling of MSM and the need for newer credible media sources (ATS), but the influx of hatred and finger pointing has erased a bulk of the historical contributors input.

Nobody cares how much one knows when they know how much one cares.
edit on 2-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

top topics

join