It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time issue today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: namelesss
Can we say that time is non-linear in it's essence? Definitely yes.

It can be non-linear, but the essence of 'time' is the Planck moment, which is literally 'timeless', so string em all together, ever, and they still add to '0'!
At it's essence, 'time' is 'timeless'.
A 'moment' is a unit of perception, a 'percept'. It has nothing to do, at it's essence, with 'time'.

Can we say it is a maya, an illusion? Absolutely! But we can't disregard the fact that human consciousness is by default rotted in maya and does not like the essential experience.

If all Reality is 'make-believe', then what, exactly, is 'illusion'? Delusion?
'Belief' (in the 'make-believe')!
I think people 'believe' the metaphoric 'bad rap' that Maya/ego gets.
Ego/Maya is, like everything else, a feature of Reality!

It's fascinating, yet highly obscure!

Reality/Truth is most certainly "fascinating, yet highly obscure"! *__-

edit on 1-5-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: asinapi1
Ok.. So today. A trip that normally takes me 31 minutes to make, ...

'Time' does not exist 'out there', there is no 'out there'.
'Time' (and 'life' and 'death') exists in/as thought. It is a mirage.
But, relevant to this discussion is each person's unique relationship, from moment to moment, with the 'time' and 'space' perceived.
There is no steady stream of moments making 'time'.
A moment is 'timeless'.
No matter how many you string together, the result always = 0!
Timeless.
So, like a daydream, you have a unique relationship with what you perceive as 'time'.
Thus centuries can seem to flash by instantaneously, or millennia, or a second can seem like millennia!
I've gotten good at finding where the 'ends curl around', bypassing the long trip from one end of the 'continuum' to the other, like a wormhole.

So, if you pay attention, you'll find all sorts of interesting things about the stuff of thoughts ('time', for instance) and, ultimately, 'self'. *__-

Hmm, so you're saying you're still posting this, while I've never read it, but at the same time am reading it, and have read it?

Cobblers... just because the illusion of time has no specific points to define it, does not mean you did not do something, and finish it, and move on. you posted. I read. Both moments in time, and bot finite.

Every moment of existence exists Now!

"The Laws of Nature are not rules controlling the metamorphosis of what is, into what will be. They are descriptions of patterns that exist, all at once... " - Genius; the Life and Science of Richard Feynman
All 'eternity' at once; Here! Now!!

"Reality is a synchrony of (unique) moments!

There is only one moment (Planck moment; 10^-43/sec; "almost" one billion trillion trillion trillionths of a second!!!) of the entirety of existence/Reality/the Universe!
All existence, ever, is one, literally, 'timeless' moment!
Now!
Existence IS the Singularity!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join