It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird message coming across Police -- frequencies today 1:10 PM EST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
(If posted in wrong forum please move thread )

Today I was listening to multiple police channels on a two police scanner apps.

One app is called Em.Radio.Free
The 2nd is 5-0 Radio

I'm sure many of you know them.
The channels I was on were local to me entitled:
Hartford , Tolland, Middlesex Counties Fire - Police (Connecticut)

I had both same channels running on both apps to get more coverage since sometimes you hear more on one than another. Or if one can only broadcast so much at a time when covering multi frequencies.

So at aprox 1:10 PM until 1:14 PM this message went on loop:

Male voice:

"Tear a thin sheet from the yellow pad, in long (maybe "warm") waters a cruise in a sleek yacht is fun.

Female voice:

unintelligible 2 words, (Sherwood or shallow) pond.
The young prince became air to the throne.
He sent the boy on a short errand.

End

So that continued to loop and at some point made very strange noises like digital distortion. I'm not sure if police can do anything to get them off a frequency beside change to their alternate channel/frequency but besides the noises and distortion before the loop ended nothing was said by police. One time I heard someone get on police band and police warn them if they continue they are breaking so many laws and such.

Anyone have thought? I tried google to try to come up with a match for some of the phrases but didn't get anything. This reminded me of what users on here heard or rather seen on an Emergency Broadcast the morning of the Hoboken train crash.

Thanks
edit on 23-4-2017 by Johnathanandheather because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: symbols not allowed in titles ( ^‿‿^ )

edit on Sun Apr 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sun Apr 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: added quote tags

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Deleted due to HTML code wasn't posting entire message above. Fixed now.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

A quick search would show this

this is how i got there 1st this

www.google.ca...(&oq=Tear+a+thin+sheet+from+the+yellow+pad%2C+in+long+(&aqs=chrome..69 i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

www.google.ca...

Harvard sentences. The Harvard sentences are a collection of sample phrases that are used for standardized testing of Voice over IP, cellular, and other telephone systems. They are phonetically balanced sentences that use specific phonemes at the same frequency they appear in English.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

What would one need to transmit on a police frequency? Could it be had?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I would guess a radio IP provider of police communications systems is getting ready to implement encryption of police comms.

More and more forces are moving to more secure comms each day

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

edit on Sun Apr 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

"donttreadonme" i do not understand the purpose of your edit to his post as there is nothing in his post from other websites.....

@Op ive been listening to police scanner for decades and i have never heard something like that on their channels, i have heard similar weirdness on other bands like ham, but to hear that on a police channel i too would be rather freaked out.

were the voices robot sounding? or did it sound like people reading a script?
did they have any environment background noise? or did it sound like they were isolated to a quiet environment for their broadcast?
how long did the message repeat for? minutes? hours?
edit on 23-4-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Most are still analog so any ham radio will work (2 meter band, sometimes 70cm), assuming you know the repeater offset and the PL tone, which can be found online.
edit on 23-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could be some sort of code. I looked on someone's google link and found this. It could be used to transmit a code of some sort, but there also would be another code to decipher. www.cs.cmu.edu...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

These are the harvard sentences

Harvard sentences. The Harvard sentences are a collection of sample phrases that are used for standardized testing of Voice over IP, cellular, and other telephone systems. They are phonetically balanced sentences that use specific phonemes at the same frequency they appear in English.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello from another local member, I usually have the scanners running but I didn't hear anything around that time.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Chromium51 because: Quoted everything

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The chair is against the wall, Jon has a long mustache 😀

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
The chair is against the wall, Jon has a long mustache 😀

Longest Day, IIRC.

edit:

Looks like I got it wrong. The Longest Day was similar.
edit on 4/23/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Red Dawn (original)

Listening to the channel on scanner radio but this was probably an isolated instance. Did you happen to get a recording?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It is the Spooks testing radio takeover for Gotham Shield. Connecticut is right North of the planned false flag drill.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
To answer some questions.

My second edit and post was because I had ( and < so it cut off some of the original post. I thought I surpassed character count so I started a second message. Oh u were asking the mod. I'm not sure what was in my post from another website? I did have an emoji in title.

Logarock:
As far as being able to broadcast on Police frequencies I'm not sure the only time I witnessed it was when some kids found a parks and rec portable radio which shared and had access to one or more police channels. I have seen these really expensive radios maybe only used for receiving on boats of cartels or smugglers who try and listen to Mavy and Coast guard. They are large like a home receiver but maybe more wide and flat. I believe they cost 1-3k !

I heard it for about 4-5 min starting around 1:10 PM and onward.

As far as someone going encrypted I wonder if anyone has ever hacked into these channels and how difficult the key is and if it changes or if it's to difficult to change because all the units would need new programming.

Chromium
When I was listening I had noticed if I run two or more police scanner apps I always will hear more as each app can either only play one channel or one frequency at a time for selections that cover multiple frequencies in a selection. Which is what happened yesterday. Because only one app was playing it.

Once I tried to record it it stopped. The irony 🤖

new topics

top topics

join