It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lavar Ball Says UCLA Didn't Win Title Because White Players are Too Slow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just, wow.

How can anyone get away with saying something like this in 2017. The guy is probably going to be a top 3 draft pick in the NBA draft and now he says something so stupid that it could affect his contract and draft status. I am so tired of racist jerks like Ball.

The 'white players' he referred to are some amazing players who start for UCLA. At least one of them will be drafted in the first round of the draft and the other finished with one of the highest career point totals in UCLA history.

What a complete tool...this guys mouth has been spewing crap all season and hopefully he will pay for it when NBA teams avoid his dumb ass in the draft.

Bleacher Report

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

white man cant jump

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pa reply to: Metallicus

I remember when michigans fab five said they had a white kid on the team to keep the teams gpa higher.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Lavar Ball is an idiot. If Lonzo has a demise, he can thank his father.

How can anyone get away with saying something like this in 2017. The guy is probably going to be a top 3 draft pick in the NBA draft and now he says something so stupid that it could affect his contract and draft status. I am so tired of racist jerks like Ball.

It was his father that said it. Not the player, Lonzo.
edit on 7-4-2017 by slapjacks because: correction

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It's Lavar Ball, the father, not Lonzo.

ETA: SJ noted it's the father, Lavar, running with this...Lonzo hasn't had a chance to speak his mind -- Lavar speaks for the whole 'Ball clan'.
edit on 7-4-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: already been clarified

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

white man cant jump

"Foods with the letter Q Alex!"

On topic...

Sounds like he's taking a jab at Donald Sterling?

LOL

EDIT:

He's not setting a good example for the new generation but thankfully he will get paid for his basketball skills and not his trivial opinions. He truly isn't the brightest to say that in public.

edit on 7-4-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,"

You also realistically can't win no speaking contest.

I am sure it was the other players fault and not Lonzo's crappy performance. Four of ten from the field, for ten points. When your best player only scores ten points in a must win game. You will likely lose. Especially when the person you are supposed to be guarding scores thirty nine.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Only nonwhites should be allowed to play.

Problem solved.

Stop being so inferior whites.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Isn't his son biracial?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Jimmy the Greek would be proud.
Quick twitch/slow twitch , ect. and so on.

Good thing for him, you can't be racist against white people, or else he might get in trouble

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why are Blacks even playing Basketball? A White guy invented the sport. Isn't that the thing called culture appropriation?
/sarcasm

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
People read the article, its the father who said the dumb #, and its not the first time he goes off, last time he was braging about how great is son was, is son reply was you dont get to pick your parents.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Maybe if every time someone said something intelligent, inspirational, inclusive, and respectful, and it was plastered all over the internet to go viral, then maybe it would drown out bull crap like this.

We are way too eager to carry ammo for the weapons they use against us.

We need to stop carrying the crap, leave it in the toilet, flush it, wash our hands, and close the door behind us.

edit on 7-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Glitch in the Matrix? Things that make you want to go, "Hmm".

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

its just a big misunderstang so its all good

www.espn.com... s

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It won't be the first time someone who is already making millions or has the potential of making millions, will put it all at risk because they don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Most athlete's get scholarships not based upon their GPA's, but for the purpose of bringing in $$$$ for the university.

How many professional athlete's go bankrupt because they don't have the common sense and intelligence not to spend more money than what they earn? How many still engage in criminal activity and find themselves going from a mansion to a 9x5 cell.

The majority of us can't understand how these people can be so dumb and risk their fortunes.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

and some believe the earth is flat. Looking at you kyrie irving and shaquille o'neal!

heck, it might be if they know something i dont know.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't generally participate in sports posts... because I don't follow any sports...

But this sort of thing gets under my skin. Listen to what good ol' bill burr has to say about it.

Stop ignoring reality in the name of political correctness.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well I guess I should provide a break-down for Lavar Ball who can neither keep score nor read statistics.

UCLA - 75 pts

Point Leaders:
Leaf - 17
Hamilton - 17
Alford - 13
Ball - 10
Welsh - 9
Holiday - 5
Goloman - 4

So, Ball was in no way whatsoever the team leader when it came to scoring. In fact, two of the slow white guys outscored him and the third was only a point behind. Yup, Mr. Ball needs to learn to keep his racist mouth shut before it costs his son a promising career.

new topics

top topics

join