It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the phone scams already.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My favorite is the one claiming to be a Microsoft Security Representative (TM) and insisting they somehow know my copy of Windows has been infected by a virus and they need me to enter a run prompt command to resolve the issue. "Which version of Windows am I using?" "Windows XP, sir." "Nope, guess again." "Windows 10." "Nope. Third time's the charm?" "Windows 7." "What version of 7?" "It appears you are using Windows 7 Home." "Nah. Okay, this is over now. Bye."

Peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Those scams are maddening!!!!!!!

I wish those jerks would get arrested!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There's over the phone computer repair scams. They end up locking people out of their PCs demanding 500 bucks and or in Bitcoin. Always lookup the unfamiliar number on a net search then call them back. I have lately with suspected numbers and sure enough they came up as scam numbers. You can report them being there is websites for that, may help in the long run, or at least with people knowing about the details and how many are reported. Make sure not to say anything they can record your voice especially with the "Can you hear me" calls that are recently coming out.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join